ForumGarden's Mediation Unit

spot

Post by spot »

With well over ten years' experience of reconciling impossible claims, inadequate fact-checking and flared tempers, ForumGarden's mediation program is expanding beyond the confines of the forum itself.

We begin with 'I’m gonna punch you right in your face': Shaq and Barkley clash on TNT

Tense atmosphere on TNT’s NBA coverage as pundits bicker

O’Neal mocks Barkley for his failure to win an NBA championship

“If you hit me, we’re gonna be moving some furniture,” said Barkley. “I’m gonna throw one of these chicken wings at your fat ass.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... nt-tnt-nba

If both parties would like to send me details through the site's contact form I'll get stuck in. Meanwhile if our American members would like to expand on "TNT" and "NBA" I would be grateful. The mediation team is familiar with the work of Mr Barkley, having heard him perform on Jools Holland's late-night jazz fusion review, but so far Mr Shaq has flown beneath our radar.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Gnarles, I doubt, was ever tall enough to be a basketball player and as far as I'm aware Chuck cant sing.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Basketball?

Basketball players are uniformly slender else they can't jump.

The gentlemen to whom I refer have waistlines greater then their height.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

If we are so desperate for new threads I shall have to start a couple..............just saying.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

I thought I'd raise the tone a notch. Not everyone can do that.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1509505 wrote: I thought I'd raise the tone a notch. Not everyone can do that.

Very true.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

spot;1509503 wrote: Basketball?

Basketball players are uniformly slender else they can't jump.

The gentlemen to whom I refer have waistlines greater then their height.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley .....This is Chuck. He has never sung on Jools Holland's later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaquille_O%27Neal ....This is Shaq. Neither has he.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnarls_Barkley .... And this is Gnarles. The only one of the three to have appeared on Later With Jools Holland and the only one of the three to have never played in the NBA
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Neither member of Gnarls has listed his weight. Or height.

The NBA chappies have both listed their weights as eighteen year olds, since when they've added at least half as much again. The descriptive word they seek is not Basketball, it is Wide.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

WTF does this all mean??

I need counselling, I flew in accompanied by my crystal ball.

I misread the title I thought this was a meditation thread :-2
spot

Post by spot »

We could have a meditation thread but then it wouldn't be about Jools Holland.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Who is Jools Holland?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

A jazz pianist. I saw him play the Colston Hall a while back.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

spot;1509505 wrote: I thought I'd raise the tone a notch. Not everyone can do that.

Including you.

Hee hee hee.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1509533 wrote: Who is Jools Holland?

He was the keyboard player with Squeeze way back.........his back to camera as the video starts in white 'Squeeze' tee shirt.

He is now a band leader and pianist most famous for "Later with Jools Holland" that showcases a wide selection of live music.

I would describe him more as a rhythm and blues pianist rather than jazz.

He famously hosts a New Year Hootenanny live.

Return to “Societal Issues News”