Breitbart

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Ahso!

Breitbart

Post by Ahso! »

With Steve Bannon now officially a member of the Trump team, I've decided to look at his news site (I think that's what he calls it). I've been reading some articles they have posted.

Here's one by a person who calls herself a Dr.:

The title is "It's Not Fair:Liberals Say Stop Congratulating Engaged Couples"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... d-couples/

Dr Susan Berry opens the piece with the following:A fashionable liberal cultural dictum states that congratulating a newly engaged couple should be avoided, because it draws attention to the failure of others to snag a spouse.

She then goes on to post several quotes from a person who is presumably tilted towards the left. Dr. Berry, by her title and opening sentence, twists the opinion of one person into "[a] fashionable liberal cultural dictum"

I suppose there might be some whataboutery on this, so I'll say right off the bat, that, yes, liberal websites play the same game. However, as they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

Unfortunately, Bannon's site is filled with juvenile posts similar to this.

As to the article itself - I wholly agree with the person Berry quotes.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Snowfire

Breitbart

Post by Snowfire »

I don't know much about Breitbart. It only recently came to my attention because of one of its contributors, a British journo called Milo Yiannopoulos.

He has a very controversial, skewed view of the world. If his mindset is the general level of what the Breitbart set and it's followers think, I'm not sure I want to live in the same world as them, especially his extreme views on feminism and rape. His mother must be so proud
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
LarsMac

Breitbart

Post by LarsMac »

I try reading articles on that website, and it soon becomes clear there is a whole other language being presented, based upon what appear to be facts from an alternate universe.

I get very dizzy, and the world begins to swirl around me.

Reminds me of the days of my youth and experimentation with LSD.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Breitbart

Post by Ahso! »

Snowfire;1502886 wrote: I don't know much about Breitbart. It only recently came to my attention because of one of its contributors, a British journo called Milo Yiannopoulos.

He has a very controversial, skewed view of the world. If his mindset is the general level of what the Breitbart set and it's followers think, I'm not sure I want to live in the same world as them, especially his extreme views on feminism and rape. His mother must be so proudYeah, he's a gem, isn't he.

Milo reads like a child who's full of himself. I read his article on why gays should go back into the closet. Milo makes the argument that gay men should remain in traditional male/female relationships because he thinks he's found irrefutable evidence that gay people outscore straight people on IQ tests, so remain reproducing to pass on the genes and make the world smarter. Of course, Milo is gay.

Notwithstanding the fact that Milo's thinking is so jacked up on Milo, he gets his analyzing and interpretations of the evidence skewed.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Breitbart

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1502887 wrote: I try reading articles on that website, and it soon becomes clear there is a whole other language being presented, based upon what appear to be facts from an alternate universe.

I get very dizzy, and the world begins to swirl around me.

Reminds me of the days of my youth and experimentation with LSD.It's definitely not advisable to take too much in at each sitting.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “General Chit Chat”