Celebrities backlash

Momus

Celebrities backlash

Post by Momus »

On one hand, naturally, celebrities are entitled to an opinion. On the other hand, when will they learn?

The lovable crisp fondling ex footballer, Gary Winston Lineker, OBE is the latest in a long line of those in the limelight who must be thinking, they wish they had kept quiet, looking at the backlash.

The BBC have come under fire to sack Lineker for ' peddling charity lies.'

Gary Lineker defends his child refugee comments and says he's 'getting a spanking' - BBC Newsbeat
FourPart

Celebrities backlash

Post by FourPart »

Honours have, in my opinion, lost all credibility now that they are being handed out to all comers like Dolly Mixtures.
Momus

Celebrities backlash

Post by Momus »

FourPart;1502113 wrote: Honours have, in my opinion, lost all credibility now that they are being handed out to all comers like Dolly Mixtures.

I suppose it comes down to our personal feelings toward the celebrity as to whether we feel they are worthy.

I would much rather the honours be given to those outstanding ' ordinary ' citizens for lifetime dedication to a worthy cause as an example.

I've become rather cynical over the years that celebrities reach a stage in their career, where, when on the wane, they up the stage managed humanitarian persona in order to get the gong and secure them in after dinner speeches for life. David Beckham seems to be going all out these days, as a case in point.

Return to “Social Human Rights”