Canon or Nikon, which one?

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Hi I hope you good people can help me?

I've got a Pentax K30 and I'm looking to upgrade my equipment, the reason being is that I'm finding it hard to find accessorie's for the Pentax and I have been looking further afield.

I've been looking at the Canon EOS 750D, and the Nikon D5300. I'm a bit confused about which is the better one, I do landscapes and documenting and I don't know which one to choose. can you help me decide please? :?:

Both come with 18-55m lenses.

Many thanks.
spot

Post by spot »

Do you ever need or use a different lens?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I've been pretty happy with my Nikon. Both are fine cameras, though.

You will very likely want to expand you lens inventory fairly quickly.

an 18-105 is my preferred basic use lens.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Aura

Post by Aura »

Do you ever need or use a different lens?

Only my 18-250m
spot

Post by spot »

Aura;1498884 wrote: Only my 18-250m

If that means you keep just that one lens on all the time then the interchangeable lens isn't a good feature, it's a liability because it will let in dust as time goes by. If you do change lenses then of course you need a camera which allows lens removal.

You might like to read and compare Sony Cyber-Shot RX10 Digital Camera (DSCRX10.CEH) - Wex Photographic

At £560 it's cheaper than either of the SLR cameras you're considering if you add the cost of upgrading the SLR's supplied lens to 18-250mm. I think the original Sony RX10 is an interesting alternative. The mark II and mark III versions are out of your price band but the original is cheaper than the Canon or Nikon models with your required degree of telephoto.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Mark Aspam

Post by Mark Aspam »

I had a Canon SLR and had nothing but trouble with it from day one!

I've had several Nikons and recommend them highly!
Aura

Post by Aura »

I might take up Castle caemra's deal that they will sell me the Nikon for £389 with a 18-250lens, if I part wxchange my Pentax and lenses. They said they would give me £200, while London Camera Exchange said £150 but only the kit lens with theirs.

Should i go with Castle cameras?

Return to “Photography More”