'That' speech

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

'That' speech

Post by Bruv »

Melania, Donald......you DO both think the American public are stupid don't you ?

Perhaps we can forgive Melania, probably just reading off an autocue or from memorised notes, she is obviously not the brains of the operation.(Not being sexist....ladies)

Can't believe nobody in the Trump camp didn't vet the speech before delivery or that......even worse they knew the original and paraphrased it so very closely......because it was such a good speech it was worth repeating.

That speech....
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

'That' speech

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Do we really know if she wrote the speech herself? Anyway, yes, I fear that a large voting segment of the American population is either stupid, or hates Clinton so much that they will swallow this. I'm not watching this "show" btw, but can't help but hear certain stuff. I'm waiting for Bill Maher's take on this Wed/Thur/Fri/nights.
LarsMac

'That' speech

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1498713 wrote: Melania, Donald......you DO both think the American public are stupid don't you ?

Perhaps we can forgive Melania, probably just reading off an autocue or from memorised notes, she is obviously not the brains of the operation.(Not being sexist....ladies)

Can't believe nobody in the Trump camp didn't vet the speech before delivery or that......even worse they knew the original and paraphrased it so very closely......because it was such a good speech it was worth repeating.

That speech....

My Brother-in-Law claims that Michelle plagiarized Melania's speech.

These people are just completely Bat-sh-- Crazy.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

'That' speech

Post by AnneBoleyn »

So, Lars, your BIL thinks Michelle can time travel?
LarsMac

'That' speech

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1498718 wrote: So, Lars, your BIL thinks Michelle can time travel?

It would seem.

He is the eternal StormTrumper. I am thinking of making a thread on his bizarre reasonings.

But then I would have to give him more time in my life.

Pass.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

'That' speech

Post by Wandrin »

Based on past experience, I would expect the Faux News spin to be, "The liberal mainstream media is working very hard to tarnish Melania's speech by claiming that she stole it from Michelle Obama, as if Michelle Obama could actually write something that well. It just goes to show that you can't believe anything from the liberal mainstream media."
Bruv

'That' speech

Post by Bruv »

Whatever way they spin it, it is insulting to anybody with half a brain.......don't think his disciples will realise or care.
LarsMac

'That' speech

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1498723 wrote: Whatever way they spin it, it is insulting to anybody with half a brain.......don't think his disciples will realise or care.

You're right. Half a brain would be an upgrade for many of them.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

'That' speech

Post by tude dog »

Hmm,

Waiting for the spin from FOX News, let me know when it comes in. Didn't hear it as I was driving home from my doctors' appointment.

It's not like anybody believes she wrote it herself. Damnable thing about teleprompters, reading somebody's else's words.

But at least her dress got a good review,

Melania Trump’s Speech May Not Have Been Original, but Her Dress Was

Kinda like when Trumphole reads from a teleprompter sounds almost reaonable.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
flopstock

'That' speech

Post by flopstock »

Probably shouldn't say this out loud, but I feel sorry for this lady. She never asked for this. She's been avoiding participating whenever possible. I have even heard her say while sitting beside him that she wishes he would be nicer.

The person who helped Michelle write her speech did a great job. The person who wrote Mrs. Trumps... not so much. And the speech was fed to a teleprompter.. they could have made a few last minute adjustments unbeknownst to her. Someone could have hacked the teleprompter softwear... the posibilities are endless ..

But that this is a plot by Hillary because she feels threatened? As an ugly old white woman - even I am offended by the notion that this is about Hillary being out to get a beautiful and nice lady who was just standing by her man.:wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

'That' speech

Post by Bruv »

Poor girl.
LarsMac

'That' speech

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1498738 wrote: Probably shouldn't say this out loud, but I feel sorry for this lady. She never asked for this. She's been avoiding participating whenever possible. I have even heard her say while sitting beside him that she wishes he would be nicer.

The person who helped Michelle write her speech did a great job. The person who wrote Mrs. Trumps... not so much. And the speech was fed to a teleprompter.. they could have made a few last minute adjustments unbeknownst to her. Someone could have hacked the teleprompter softwear... the posibilities are endless ..

But that this is a plot by Hillary because she feels threatened? As an ugly old white woman - even I am offended by the notion that this is about Hillary being out to get a beautiful and nice lady who was just standing by her man.:wah:

I agree. She was probably just told to get up their and follow the teleprompter. Though she did actually claim to write it, herself, with some help.

They were fine sentiments, and I am sure that she meant nothing sinister, even if she borrowed a few words from Mrs Obama.

I have, for the most part, stayed away from all the negative crap about Mrs Trump. I think attacking the family of candidates is a low blow.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

'That' speech

Post by magentaflame »

Apparently, its only plagerism if the speech is verbatum. Melanias speech had a few words changed. Another republican was asked if the speech writers needed a good kick.The answer was "they need re-educating"

But this is politics and every politician knows to watch their back .
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

'That' speech

Post by AnneBoleyn »

It's plagiarism. To quote a friend of mine, who said it very well: "This "tempest in a teapot" it is not about the concepts Ms Trump expressed, which are basic American values, which have been expressed for many years by many people. The problem is that passages at issue are largely (not completely) a direct, word for word, quotation of what Ms Obama said eight years ago. The same ideas in the same order in the exact same words. If that's not plagiarism, I don't know what is."
magentaflame

'That' speech

Post by magentaflame »

Either way i found the words of the speech kinda creepy .....and should never be spoken by rich elites.

The words come across as ' work really hard to be our minions and we'll throw in a promise of a dream or two to keep you working to death'

Rich people should never tell the average person to work hard. It always makes me want to slap their faces.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Wandrin

'That' speech

Post by Wandrin »

Trump's campaign manager says it's all Hillary's fault and it wasn't plagiarism just because she used the same words.
LarsMac

'That' speech

Post by LarsMac »

I had to go find the transcript and read it. Then red Mrs Obama's speech from 2008.

One paragraph? Yes, it is almost verbatim. Yes, it is plagiarism. Did she do it? I doubt it. Some helpful "speechwriter" probably tossed it in to give it some weight, without even thinking that anyone would notice.

I'm sure all the Trump haters can find other things to get wildly indignant over. It'll pass.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

'That' speech

Post by flopstock »

Young Tiffany and Donald Jr did good jobs tonight, IMO.

They come across as genuine folks .
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

'That' speech

Post by AnneBoleyn »

magentaflame;1498747 wrote: Either way i found the words of the speech kinda creepy .....and should never be spoken by rich elites.

The words come across as ' work really hard to be our minions and we'll throw in a promise of a dream or two to keep you working to death'

Rich people should never tell the average person to work hard. It always makes me want to slap their faces.

Good points, really good.
FourPart

'That' speech

Post by FourPart »

AnneBoleyn;1498718 wrote: So, Lars, your BIL thinks Michelle can time travel?
Trump Is Rather Devoid In Sanity

(TARDIS)
flopstock

'That' speech

Post by flopstock »

Fox News 2016 Republican National Convention | Politics | Fox News

Describing herself as an 'in-house staff writer' at the Trump organization, McIver says Mrs. Trump read her some passages of Michelle Obama's speech as examples of what she liked.

"I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech. I did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches. That was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant," she said in a statement.

Bruv

'That' speech

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1498780 wrote: ........and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama

He offered to pay legal fees for anyone punching protesters at his conventions............wonder if the same applies to the confessions of speech writers ?
magentaflame

'That' speech

Post by magentaflame »

Watching hillarys speech now. I dont know why its live to us but anyhoo.

Its not a bad introduction to madam president status.....but shes just offered the world to americans as trump did. Its a bloody circus!
magentaflame

'That' speech

Post by magentaflame »

Was it the huffington post? That took the mick out of the press ? Bill clinton wore a fetching pantsuit to the nominations?
Patsy Warnick

'That' speech

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mag

We've been discussing this on the other thread

by Spot - "Will Trump Run" Come join us..

Patsy

P.S. hate the pant suit

Return to “General Chit Chat”