I thank all the imaginary gods for Jihadists.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

First: People must recognize that this quote is irrefutable.

Candide. "It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise, than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

Jihadists are bringing liberal and conservatives who dislike war and terrorism together.

Jihadists, like the older fundamental right wings of Christianity, are teaching wiser and more moral secular forces that we need to control our love of drama and war as the epitome of evil. History shows that secular forces had to bring Christianity to heel, and learning from history, secular forces know that Islam, like Christianity was, must also be brought to heel.

War is God. To conquer our love of drama and war, secular forces must conquer Allah just as we did Yahweh. Jihadists are teaching us this valuable lesson.

Jihadist are inadvertently sowing the seeds of thought that will, perhaps for the final time, awaken in secular hearts, the reality of the fact that religions must never rule and that only secular forces can bring the world to any lasting peace. Jihadists are thus, in the longer range picture, going to destroy all the war mongering religions that follow imaginary gods that have plagued freedom loving people forever.

For this great service to mankind, I thank all the imaginary gods for Jihadists.

Do you see the longer range picture of Jihadists helping secular forces solve the problem of war by ending the world’s belief in imaginary Gods?

Do you, in light of this valuable lesson, also thank all the imaginary gods for hateful Jihadists?

Regards

DL
gmc

Post by gmc »

You do know candide was satire don't you?

Do you, in light of this valuable lesson, also thank all the imaginary gods for hateful Jihadists?

No.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

What is there to thank them for? And why would you thank something that is imaginary?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

gmc;1498647 wrote: You do know candide was satire don't you?

No.

I recognize that he was writing satire but that does not take away fr9om the fact that that statement is irrefutable.

As to not thanking Jihadists for the valuable lesson they are teaching the West and secular forces, that is rather poor manners.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

FourPart;1498661 wrote: What is there to thank them for? And why would you thank something that is imaginary?

The O.P. is clear as to what I think them for, creating the seed of the destruction of their own religion.

Thanking the gods was just a "hook", in sales and marketing terms.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

As a secular Christian I see the one of the roots of all war and violence as injustice meaning the equatable sharing of all the world's resources.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1498822 wrote: As a secular Christian I see the one of the roots of all war and violence as injustice meaning the equatable sharing of all the world's resources.

The world does not do too badly on that. Where we fail is mostly due to logistics.

Towards the end of poverty | The Economist

As a Christian, how do you view the great wealth that Christianity keeps to itself instead of sharing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... on-a-year/

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”