Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

What is God? | Big Think

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting God’s words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well you cannot have it both ways.

Firstly, like it or not, YHWH and Allah are are the same "God". Both muslim and xtian claim to follow the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

And Either That God is ruler of the Universe, or a figment of Man's imagination.

Way I see it, Man (The collective) has spent years blaming God, YHWH, Allah, and the flying Spahghetti Monster for all the evils that befall us, and claiming that they act on the command of that God when they do their evil deeds.

All the time, the true God is sitting back, quietly clucking his tongue at the pure Chutzpah humans demonstrate when they claim to know the will of God.

So, my Slithery friend, who do you really think is at fault, here? God or those men who claim they follow him?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Religious Discussions”