The Leftovers

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Ahso!

The Leftovers

Post by Ahso! »

I don't watch much television at all anymore. I cancelled cable a couple of years ago and am close to doing the same with Netflix because I hardly use it.

I do have access to HBO and Showtime. I will occasionally watch something on one of those. This show (The Leftovers) is really strange. It doesn't appear to have any real plot or meaning behind it. I think it's just random situations done with the same characters. I wonder if they make it up as they go.

Anyone want to clue me in on whatever it is I might be missing?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

The Leftovers

Post by Ahso! »

Nobody here watches this show? I bet Flopstock does, she watches every tv show I think. Koan also might. They don't come around anymore.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

The Leftovers

Post by LarsMac »

I just took a look at the current episode. Obviously not something you can just drop in to.

No sure I really want to go there.

I think I agree with Iris. "Let the Mystery Be."
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

The Leftovers

Post by Ahso! »

It's a very strange show. About a third of the population has disappeared in some sort of rapture event and the people that are left are dealing with the aftermath.

There's a large cult that grew out of the disappearance/rapture that, get this, smoke cigarettes instead of pray. They wear all white and their mission is to not allow anyone to forget the disappearance/rapture. They sneak into people's houses and recreate the events just before the disappearance with dummies.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “General TV Shows”