BH Superstore, NYC

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
spot

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by spot »

I placed an online order 18 days ago, confirmed a minute later, immediately paid by my bank. Since then, not a word. I finally used their Live Chat to see when I might expect delivery. They'd not even placed an order with the manufacturer. I have no idea how long they'd have sat on this if I hadn't got in touch.

The chance of my ever buying from B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders again is mathematically zero. Not just approximately, I'm talking infinite decimal places here.

You have been connected to Daniel O.

John Harris : May I inquire about order 1035612972 please, in the context of "We will notify you by phone or email should your order be delayed"?

Daniel O: Hello John Harris. My name is Daniel and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

John Harris: Thank you Daniel.

Daniel O: Your orden is pending due to verification, you need to contact our verification by phone for better assistance: 1.800.606.6969, ext: 5410.

John Harris: Was anyone planning on telling me that at any stage? Like by email perhaps? I have no desire to ring the USA from England.

Daniel O: You can sent an email request: verification@bhphotovideo.com, use your order number for reference, or if you like i can try to connect you to a Customer Service agent for better assistance.

John Harris: I'll ring, I think I might need to express sarcasm and a phone line would be more effective. You've had my money for 18 days and still not ordered in stock? |Seriously?

Daniel O: We apologize for the inconvenience, as you may be aware we were closed for 10 days due to the Jewish Holidays, we just reopened for business yesterday.

John Harris: You're in ISRAEL???

John Harris: I thought you were American!

John Harris: I couldn't invent a more insane excuse

Daniel O: We are located in the United States and we are a Jewish company, we are sorry for the trouble this may cause you...is there anything else we can do for you?

John Harris: I had no idea "we're a Jewish Company" was even legal. If you said you were closed 10 days for Ramadan I doubt you'd stay in business, do you?

Daniel O: Unfortunately we cannot express an opinion in this matter, our holiday schedule is posted in our websitefor reference.

Daniel O: B&H HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2015

Daniel O: New Year's Day 2015 Thursday, January 1 Open 10AM - 6PM

Purim Eve Wednesday, March 4 Close at 5PM

Purim Thursday, March 5 Closed

Passover Friday, April 3 - Friday, April 10 Closed

Shavuos Sunday, May 24 - Monday, May 25 Closed

Independence Day Friday, July 3 Open 9AM - 2PM

Tisha B'Av Sunday, July 26 Closed

Labor Day Monday, September 7 Open 10AM - 7PM

Rosh Hashana Eve Sunday, September 13 Close at 1PM

Rosh Hashana Monday, September 14 - Tuesday, September 15 Closed

Yom Kippur Eve Tuesday, September 22 Closed

Yom Kippur Wednesday, September 23 Closed

Succos Eve Sunday, September 27 Close at 1PM

Succos Monday, September 28 - Tuesday, October 6 Closed

Thanksgiving Thursday, November 26 Open 10AM - 6PM

Christmas Friday, December 25

John Harris: It certainly didn't show up when I placed my order, or you'd not have got it. I wanted delivery, which isn't unreasonable.

Daniel O: Unfortunately i cannot assist your request here in the chat room. Will you like me to connect you to a Customer Service agent or will you prefer to call by phone?

John Harris: Customer Service would be fine, thank you.

Daniel O: One moment.

Daniel O: The Customer Service Qeue is currently closed, waiting time is 44 minutes...will you prefer to call by phone?

John Harris: Will it be quicker, or will I have to hold on an International line for 44 minutes?

Daniel O: I will be quicker , you can only hold in the chat room for 10 minutes, then you session will terminate.

John Harris: I shall attempt to phone, then. I am not a happy customer in the slightest.

Daniel O: Please dial 001.212.444.6615, ext: 5410.

John Harris: Thank you Daniel.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by Snowfire »

I placed an order with an online company on July 12th and they withdrew £85.00 pretty much immediately.

Despite two on site messages, two emails and unsuccessful phone call attempts, I am still without my order and still have had no reply or contact with anyone.

Seems I've been really mugged orf.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by spot »

Perhaps their boutique is owned by a fanatical splinter-group of the Adherents of the Ruddy Oriflamme who invariably close for business for two weeks either side of the anniversary of the Battle of Poitiers but don't bother to warn online customers before confiscating the dibs.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by Snowfire »

It's an inconvenience to those of us who have an image to uphold. I'm a face around these parts.

I'm now having to use my local Avon representative and slip her a monkey once in a while to keep schtum
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by Bruv »

You should try Alibaba Spot, the stuff you are ordering from NY was probably Chinese made anyway
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

BH Superstore, NYC

Post by spot »

Bruv;1487342 wrote: You should try Alibaba Spot, the stuff you are ordering from NY was probably Chinese made anyway

It was designed at New York University in pursuit of a Masters degree, the fabrication plant is in China and the US production side is the sole outlet. There may be competing products but I'm not aware of one I like. B&H, on the other hand, is merely a retailer who had it in their catalogue.

Return to “Photography More”