A Day in the Life

Discuss cruiser bikes, the lifestyle, clubs, and other issues.
Bryn Mawr

A Day in the Life

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I've spent most of the day mountaineering - on a scooter :-)

A friend and I turned off the main road at Tourloti and headed up Mount Orno. The route started on a paved road but it soon became a cart track. Thirty kilometres later we dropped into the village of Sfaka and I seriously do not know who was the better off, me on a very light scooter with no suspension or Dave on a heavy R1200GS BMW off road bike - I could at least slow right down on the really bad bits but the slower it got the heavier his bike was.

Whichever, the scenery was magnificent with hidden valleys opening up before us at each turn and sudden views of the sea when we least expected it. What surprised me most was finding new home being built far out into the wilderness - who would choose to live the best part of an hour's drive by SUV from the nearest road?

All in all a fun day - hard work but satisfying.
Smaug

A Day in the Life

Post by Smaug »

Bryn Mawr;1486730 wrote: I've spent most of the day mountaineering - on a scooter :-)

A friend and I turned off the main road at Tourloti and headed up Mount Orno. The route started on a paved road but it soon became a cart track. Thirty kilometres later we dropped into the village of Sfaka and I seriously do not know who was the better off, me on a very light scooter with no suspension or Dave on a heavy R1200GS BMW off road bike - I could at least slow right down on the really bad bits but the slower it got the heavier his bike was.

Whichever, the scenery was magnificent with hidden valleys opening up before us at each turn and sudden views of the sea when we least expected it. What surprised me most was finding new home being built far out into the wilderness - who would choose to live the best part of an hour's drive by SUV from the nearest road?

All in all a fun day - hard work but satisfying.

An hour away from the nearest road by SUV? Sounds like Heaven to me, Bryn Mawr!!!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
gmc

A Day in the Life

Post by gmc »

What kind fo scooter is it?
Bryn Mawr

A Day in the Life

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1486761 wrote: What kind fo scooter is it?

A Taiwanese job, a SYM HD125.

The roads round here are not suitable for a bike with any power, the realistic options are a trials bike, a scooter or a step through. My wife would struggle getting on and off of a trials bike, we tried a step through and the handling was rubbish so we ended up with the scooter.

Return to “Biker Forum”