Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou a biblical scholar thinks so.

Bibles Buried Secret's - The Real Garden of Eden - Video Dailymotion

When I add in the research being done by archeologist Israel Finkelstein showing what may be the true picture of the ancient Israelites, I too begin to think that the Jewish Eden was in Jerusalem. The God /King would have been from the Levi tribe and a Levi priest who would have been the head of the Jewish Divine Council.

The Bible Unearthed 1. The Patriarchs - Video Dailymotion

I think that the key is the river Gihon that ties it all together.

What do you think?

Was Eden in Jerusalem and did they have a God/King in charge?

Were all of our Gods and Kings always humans?

Regards

DL
gmc

Post by gmc »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480240 wrote: Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?

Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou a biblical scholar thinks so.

Bibles Buried Secret's - The Real Garden of Eden - Video Dailymotion

When I add in the research being done by archeologist Israel Finkelstein showing what may be the true picture of the ancient Israelites, I too begin to think that the Jewish Eden was in Jerusalem. The God /King would have been from the Levi tribe and a Levi priest who would have been the head of the Jewish Divine Council.

The Bible Unearthed 1. The Patriarchs - Video Dailymotion

I think that the key is the river Gihon that ties it all together.

What do you think?

Were all of our Gods and Kings always humans?

Regards

DL

You've kind of missed something have you not? according to the genesis myth mankind got kicked out of the garden of eden and we are descended from adam amd eve so how can the garden of eden be jewish?

What do you think?

It's a myth.
spot

Post by spot »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480240 wrote: Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?

I suppose it all depends on what you mean by "Jerusalem", doesn't it. Is this David's Jerusalem? Ezra's Jerusalem? Have you good reason to think those two places shared the same location, just because they now carry the same name?

List of places in the United States named after places in England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it happens there, when people travel to a new country... what makes you think the exiled tribes in Babylon ended up where they started out from, or even that they all started out from the same place?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

gmc;1480241 wrote: You've kind of missed something have you not? according to the genesis myth mankind got kicked out of the garden of eden and we are descended from adam amd eve so how can the garden of eden be jewish?

It's a myth.

I agree that it is a Jewish myth and like all myths, is likely built from some reality, and the God/Kings traditions of that day would have every culture thinking of itself as the holder of a perfect religious system based on creation and an Eden.

I don't think you looked at the evidence provided.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1480243 wrote: I suppose it all depends on what you mean by "Jerusalem", doesn't it. Is this David's Jerusalem? Ezra's Jerusalem? Have you good reason to think those two places shared the same location, just because they now carry the same name?

List of places in the United States named after places in England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it happens there, when people travel to a new country... what makes you think the exiled tribes in Babylon ended up where they started out from, or even that they all started out from the same place?

Your reply also indicates that you did not view the links supplied as they answer your question.

Regards

DL
spot

Post by spot »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480247 wrote: Your reply also indicates that you did not view the links supplied as they answer your question.

Regards

DL

They're ****ing videos, aren't they. I can cope with words over my tethered 3G 1GB/month broadband off my phone, but I can't cope with ****ing videos. Are you not capable of writing your arguments where they can actually be seen in the thread?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1480250 wrote: They're ****ing videos, aren't they. I can cope with words over my tethered 3G 1GB/month broadband off my phone, but I can't cope with ****ing videos. Are you not capable of writing your arguments where they can actually be seen in the thread?

I would have had to do a full manuscript because of the plethora of information.

Perhaps next time we will match data and have a chat.

Regards

DL
spot

Post by spot »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480251 wrote: I would have had to do a full manuscript because of the plethora of information.

Regards

DL

Now try to explain why my post was irrelevant in the context of "Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?".
spot

Post by spot »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480251 wrote: I would have had to do a full manuscript because of the plethora of information.

Regards

DL

Now try to explain why my post was irrelevant in the context of "Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?".
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Stop. You're all wrong.

"Several early LDS leaders, among them Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, stated that the Prophet Joseph Smith taught them that the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri."

Garden of Eden - The Encyclopedia of Mormonism
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

AnneBoleyn;1480263 wrote: Stop. You're all wrong.

"Several early LDS leaders, among them Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, stated that the Prophet Joseph Smith taught them that the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri."

The Church says so - it MUST be true.
spot

Post by spot »

This is the American Muhammad you're talking about, sent by God to guide Americans to the right way. If Joseph Smith, peace be unto him, taught that the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri, then the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri. For Americans, anyway.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1480253 wrote: Now try to explain why my post was irrelevant in the context of "Was the real Jewish Garden of Eden located in Jerusalem?".

It had no relevance to me as I was speaking of the usual Jerusalem.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1480263 wrote: Stop. You're all wrong.

Have you seen how all religions basically get started?

Regards

DL
spot

Post by spot »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1480270 wrote: It had no relevance to me as I was speaking of the usual Jerusalem.

Regards

DL

Some people come here for conversation, others come with an agenda. I quite like the chat part, myself.

The "usual Jerusalem" - and Israel as a whole - has such a unique lack of pre-Exile biblical archaeology that it's embarrassing.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1480267 wrote: This is the American Muhammad you're talking about, sent by God to guide Americans to the right way. If Joseph Smith, peace be unto him, taught that the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri, then the Garden of Eden was located in what is now Jackson County, Missouri. For Americans, anyway.

Not for thinking Americans.

You may be right about the majority.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1480272 wrote: Some people come here for conversation, others come with an agenda. I quite like the chat part, myself.

So do I most of the time.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

The Garden of Eden is a myth. It was not an historical location anywhere on earth. The story was designed to explain the origins of humans and the origins of evil. No Garden of Eden. "Sorry about that."
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I see the whole Garden Of Eden thing as being one big metaphor for Sex Education.

In their pre pubescent years the children are quite happy to run around naked in their innocence.

Then, as they enter puberty & changes begin to happen they start to ask questions & eat from the tree of knowledge. It is only at this point when they notice there is a definite difference in their genders, and as with most teenagers going through puberty, suddenly become very self concious about their bodies. After this point their life in the paradise of childhood innocence is lost forever & their yearning for knowledge casts them out of their own Gardens of Eden.
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1483122 wrote: I see the whole Garden Of Eden thing as being one big metaphor for Sex Education.
You may, of course. But I would ask whether you think the compiler of the book back around 600BC thought this chapter was one big metaphor for Sex Education, or whether you're bringing your own cultural perspective to a text which originally never had any such intention.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

spot;1483124 wrote: You may, of course. But I would ask whether you think the compiler of the book back around 600BC thought this chapter was one big metaphor for Sex Education, or whether you're bringing your own cultural perspective to a text which originally never had any such intention.

Can you say for sure that that was not its original intention? Do you agree that my simile of the keypoints hold true?
spot

Post by spot »

FourPart;1483126 wrote: Can you say for sure that that was not its original intention? Do you agree that my simile of the keypoints hold true?

I can say with absolute conviction that it wouldn't have entered their heads.

As for your keypoints, they don't at all match my recollection of my own early years. Not by a mile.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1482964 wrote: The Garden of Eden is a myth. It was not an historical location anywhere on earth. The story was designed to explain the origins of humans and the origins of evil. No Garden of Eden. "Sorry about that."

I know it is all myth.

That does not mean that it did not have a birth place. Like Dilmun.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

FourPart;1483122 wrote: I see the whole Garden Of Eden thing as being one big metaphor for Sex Education.

In their pre pubescent years the children are quite happy to run around naked in their innocence.

Then, as they enter puberty & changes begin to happen they start to ask questions & eat from the tree of knowledge. It is only at this point when they notice there is a definite difference in their genders, and as with most teenagers going through puberty, suddenly become very self concious about their bodies. After this point their life in the paradise of childhood innocence is lost forever & their yearning for knowledge casts them out of their own Gardens of Eden.

No argument but to reduce the knowledge of basically everything, as all things are subject to good or evil, is to simplify things way too much.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1483130 wrote: I can say with absolute conviction that it wouldn't have entered their heads.

As for your keypoints, they don't at all match my recollection of my own early years. Not by a mile.

I did not agree that sex was the primary lesson of Eden but to say it was not a part of it would also be wrong.

It all depends on how deep you like to dig into such things.

This link speaks of a number of issues and sex was also a part but not the large part that FourPart put to it.

Apologies. This is the shortest I have that shows what I mean.

Regards

DL
spot

Post by spot »

It's odd how people continue to think I have Flash Player installed on my computer.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

spot;1483217 wrote: It's odd how people continue to think I have Flash Player installed on my computer.

There are lurkers who likely do not hobble themselves as you do.

I do admit to having forgotten your situation.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”