The origin of anti-Western prejudice in the Middle East

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Post by spot »

I have, after much Deep Thought and rigorous examination of the evidence, found the moment in 1962 when it all started.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

About time somebody got to the bottom of all this.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

So It's Ray Stevens' fault then ? Perhaps he didn't realise what the consequences of his song would be. One has to be sooooo careful writing songs these days - they could be responsible for starting world conflict !

Just think what could have happened between Holland and UK after this track hit the charts !................

There could have been so much flack if Holland had thought the UK was accusing them of having a mouse/rat infestation - could have damaged Holland's tourist trade at the very least !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Post by spot »

That'll be Dickie Henderson, at a guess. I have no bandwidth to check but I do remember him entertaining the Queen with it at the Palladium. Though to be fair she had the excuse of being a bit younger back then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1479739 wrote: That'll be Dickie Henderson, at a guess. I have no bandwidth to check but I do remember him entertaining the Queen with it at the Palladium. Though to be fair she had the excuse of being a bit younger back then.

No, it was Ronnie Hilton ! Similar era though.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1479741 wrote: No, it was Ronnie Hilton ! Similar era though.

Didn't he sing the Expecting Song?

I expect for every drop of rain that falls a river flows

I expect that somewhere in the darkest night I'll stub my toes

I expect for everyone who goes astray they'll find a way to make it pay

I expect, I expect.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Did you notice the pregnant pause just then, before I mention that I think that was the Bachelors, although I think they changed the lyrics ! ( s****** )................................................... for Pete's sake, since when has the word 'snigga' been on the verboten list ????? (I had to spell it like that or it would have been wiped again )
spot

Post by spot »

That censoring is entirely the property of LarsMac, in case anyone wonders.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well, words fail me Spot ! I suppose we could always revert to phonetic spelling to avoid this daftness !

P'raps I could start with such words as krapp, bullshytt, bugga, bluddy, .............................................. etc.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1479744 wrote: for Pete's sake, since when

Hang on, let me check.

Sheffield Wednesday 3, S****horpe United 1.

Thought so.

We widened things last week after an Infraction went off.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1479748 wrote: Hang on, let me check.

Thought so.

Oh, Mr. Spot, what are you like ? (to coin an apparently popular saying !) ....... but you have pointed out a fairly serious development with regard to censorship. It does make one wonder if we will ever be able to write complete words without asterisks all over the issue !
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

spot;1479748 wrote: Hang on, let me check.

Thought so.

What about Dongcaster Rovers?:wah:
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1479749 wrote: It does make one wonder if we will ever be able to write complete words without asterisks all over the issue !

I ***ume al*** quan***y or co**** words

You know, we really ought to have thought this through before we pressed ahead. It was poor ****ysis on someone's part.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Or ****nal 1 - Southampton didn't!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1479752 wrote: I ***ume al*** quan***y or co**** words

You know, we really ought to have thought this through before we pressed ahead. It was poor ****ysis on someone's part.

Definitely got the filter on overkill, now.

Though, my complaint was about someone writing the sh!t, no the filter failing to block it. So, ya can't hang this on me.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You think that's OTT. The database we use at work has certain filtered words, such as 'custody', 'offender', or 'young' (as in 'young offender'). The problem is that this also applies to the Name fields so, as you can imagine, we can have a bit of a problem entering Mr Young onto the system.

Plus we really have had a few Wayne Carrs, amongst many others you'd really think were made up. I seriously wonder how cruel some parents can be when naming their kids.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1479733 wrote: I have, after much Deep Thought and rigorous examination of the evidence, found the moment in 1962 when it all started.

So..............why didn't Streaking catch on ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Bruv;1479763 wrote: So..............why didn't Streaking catch on ?

I thought it did.
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1479763 wrote: So..............why didn't Streaking catch on ?

Preserve's a', that's dreadfu! Flesh an' bluid canna endure that - it wad gar a horse swither.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

spot;1479773 wrote: Preserve's a', that's dreadfu! Flesh an' bluid canna endure that - it wad gar a horse swither.

Wey aye
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Current Political Events”