This is God in action

LarsMac

This is God in action

Post by LarsMac »

Man puts religious rules aside to help a young boy.

Sikh puts religious rule aside to help boy

Harman Singh did not think twice about removing his turban to cradle the bleeding head of a 5-year-old who had just been hit by a vehicle on his way to school.

Mr Singh, 22, was at home when he heard car wheels screeching, and then a commotion, and ran outside to investigate. "I saw a child down on the ground and a lady was holding him. His head was bleeding, so I unveiled my turban and put it under his head."

Members of the Indian community last night praised Mr Singh for his action, considered a hugely significant act of humanity by breaking strict religious protocol to help a stranger.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

What almost killing a little boy?
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

gmc;1479419 wrote: What almost killing a little boy?

No, the motorist definitely wasn't God, but the Sikh's actions were compassionate (Godly), by unwrapping his turban for a stranger, thus breaking with strict protocol. I know a couple of Sikhs, and believe me, they are very devout. This chap certainly didn't let religious tenets interfere, did he?

That makes him a "man of God", in my eyes, whatever his faith may be. And God sayeth "in my house, there are many mansions". Indeed.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

No god involved sorry.

Pure human compassion at work.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479431 wrote: No god involved sorry.

One could ask where this compassion originates? It is a matter of opinion and/or faith. I merely attempt to define "Godly".
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1479433 wrote: One could ask where this compassion originates? It is a matter of opinion and/or faith. I merely attempt to define "Godly".

The title of the thread is 'This is God in action'

Compassion is innate and instinctive in most people regardless of their learned faith, this gentleman's compassion was despite his faith.
LarsMac

This is God in action

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1479437 wrote: The title of the thread is 'This is God in action'

Compassion is innate and instinctive in most people regardless of their learned faith, this gentleman's compassion was despite his faith.

Compassion is the key to true godliness, regardless of the religion or faith, or lack of.
- DH Lawrence
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479437 wrote: The title of the thread is 'This is God in action'

In my opinion, disregarding the dogma of religious tenets in favour of compassion makes him a "good" man. In "black and white" terms, "good" is of God, if you like, and "bad" is of evil. Such is my interpretation.
LarsMac

This is God in action

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1479440 wrote: In my opinion, disregarding the dogma of religious tenets in favour of compassion makes him a "good" man. In "black and white" terms, "good" is of God, if you like, and "bad" is of evil. Such is my interpretation.

Most people see Good and evil as external to them. There is not necessarily and external Good and Evil. We all have the capacity for them in our being. Compassion and altruism are as natural to the human being as greed and avarice. Most religions tend to externalize the emotions and feelings we deal with. There is where the problem begins.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

Bruv;1479431 wrote: No god involved sorry.

But.......that's what I said....ennit?
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1479443 wrote: Most people see Good and evil as external to them. There is not necessarily and external Good and Evil. We all have the capacity for them in our being. Compassion and altruism are as natural to the human being as greed and avarice. Most religions tend to externalize the emotions and feelings we deal with. There is where the problem begins.

There's a lot of truth in that, LarsMac. It's wide open to manipulation.
flopstock

This is God in action

Post by flopstock »

IMO, when you have folks who wear their religion on their sleeve or head - disregarding those seemingly important religious physical representations in a moment of humanity... that's the better advertisement of their faith for me.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

tude dog

This is God in action

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1479443 wrote: Most people see Good and evil as external to them. There is not necessarily and external Good and Evil. We all have the capacity for them in our being. Compassion and altruism are as natural to the human being as greed and avarice. Most religions tend to externalize the emotions and feelings we deal with. There is where the problem begins.

I demur.

Feelings and emotions alone are not a good gage of what is right and wrong, good or bad.

Whether it is by family, tribal, cultural etc. even religion, selfish interests if not controlled or elevated is a threat to all.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

Smaug;1479429 wrote: No, the motorist definitely wasn't God, but the Sikh's actions were compassionate (Godly), by unwrapping his turban for a stranger, thus breaking with strict protocol. I know a couple of Sikhs, and believe me, they are very devout. This chap certainly didn't let religious tenets interfere, did he?

That makes him a "man of God", in my eyes, whatever his faith may be. And God sayeth "in my house, there are many mansions". Indeed.

So god had nothing to do with the accident itself? I think it would be more cause for oomment if he hadn't been prepared to put his religious protocol aside it's what you'd expect any decent human being would do.

This is likke those daft headlines you get - thousands die in earthquake but miracle baby fiound in ruins three days later. What about the thousands who died is that god's judgement or something.
AnneBoleyn

This is God in action

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1479488 wrote: So god had nothing to do with the accident itself? I think it would be more cause for oomment if he hadn't been prepared to put his religious protocol aside it's what you'd expect any decent human being would do.

This is likke those daft headlines you get - thousands die in earthquake but miracle baby fiound in ruins three days later. What about the thousands who died is that god's judgement or something.

Raising excellent points gmc.
FourPart

This is God in action

Post by FourPart »

If we were to do away with Religion & simply observe basic Humanity, the world would be a far better place.
AnneBoleyn

This is God in action

Post by AnneBoleyn »

FourPart;1479509 wrote: If we were to do away with Religion & simply observe basic Humanity, the world would be a far better place.

I don't know about that. We're an aggressive, violent bunch. Religion just gives a rationale, an excuse.
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

AnneBoleyn;1479532 wrote: I don't know about that. We're an aggressive, violent bunch. Religion just gives a rationale, an excuse.

Also true. "Praise be to God, and pass the ammo"...

The Germans in WW2 had "Gott Mit Uns" ( God With Us) on their uniform belts...
tude dog

This is God in action

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1479532 wrote: I don't know about that. We're an aggressive, violent bunch. Religion just gives a rationale, an excuse.

What religion excuses violence just for the sake of it.
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

tude dog;1479554 wrote: What religion excuses violence just for the sake of it.

The Crusades are one example. Jihadists and ISIS are others. Right down to two guys slugging it out in the street because they disagree on some dogma or another connected with religion, or faith.
tude dog

This is God in action

Post by tude dog »

Smaug;1479540 wrote: Also true. "Praise be to God, and pass the ammo"...

The Germans in WW2 had "Gott Mit Uns" ( God With Us) on their uniform belts...

no atheists in foxholes]no atheists in foxholes

This has more to do with moral and motivation than religion.
tude dog

This is God in action

Post by tude dog »

Smaug;1479555 wrote: The Crusades are one example. Jihadists and ISIS are others. Right down to two guys slugging it out in the street because they disagree on some dogma or another connected with religion, or faith.

I have to agree that the Jihadists and ISIS follow your mode.

Overall, in the western civilized world, that is not the case.
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

tude dog;1479556 wrote: no atheists in foxholes]no atheists in foxholes

This has more to do with moral and motivation than religion.

And the not-unlikely chance of getting your head blown off, with the possibility of having to explain to God why you've not prayed, been to Church or read the Bible recently. The hope that there REALLY is a God. The hope that in the event of your death, he will look more kindly upon you. Fear is a major player here. As is hope.
Mickiel

This is God in action

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1479509 wrote: If we were to do away with Religion & simply observe basic Humanity, the world would be a far better place.

If to do away with Atheist, would the world be better off?

Would we be better off without bill collectors?

How about Roaches; if we eliminated them, what effect would it cause that we may not can see now?

If we do away with a third of humanity, that's supposed to make humanity better off?

Strange man; really strange. I hope we allow people with grey hair to keep living, or I am doomed!
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

tude dog;1479557 wrote: I have to agree that the Jihadists and ISIS follow your mode.

No, thankfully it's not. However, there are many parts of the world (notably the Middle East) where this is, or could easily be, a prime motivator of conflict.

It takes two to make a friendship, only one to make a war.
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1479557 wrote: I have to agree that the Jihadists and ISIS follow your mode.

You have just written off all those believers as uncivilised ?
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479568 wrote: You have just written off all those believers as uncivilised ?

By believers do you mean jihadists and ISIS?
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

Smaug;1479574 wrote: By believers do you mean jihadists and ISIS?

Yes.....but it could have been crusaders.

Remember, I think I am right, that Hitler put his enemies down by calling them uncivilised, so slaughtering them was OK.
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479580 wrote: Yes.....but it could have been crusaders.

Remember, I think I am right, that Hitler put his enemies down by calling them uncivilised, so slaughtering them was OK.

Are you defending the actions/intentions of Jihadis and/or ISIS?

As for Hitler, I would suggest you read "Mein Kampf".
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

Not defending them or their actions, but condemning the idea that people you don't understand are uncivilised.

Many ancient races were thought of as uncivilised and so didn't warrant a second thought when it came to obliterating them and their lack of culture/civilisation. I am thinking of Australian Aborigines and American Indians who's 'civilisation' was later found to be very worthy.........but too late.
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

tude dog;1479554 wrote: What religion excuses violence just for the sake of it.

Methinks you are being deliberately obtuse there are no religions that juistify violence for it's own sake but there are plenty that justify and encourage violence in the name of their faith usually perpetrating it on heretics and non believers in general. The inquisition tortured peoploe so they could find god again maybe the ntorturers actually believed it. God in action do you think?

Then again there were the castrati whose mutilation was carried out for religious reasons and there were the various castration cults one most most recently in the states though I suppose you couldn't really claim those as violence for it's own sake. What about those cult members who commited suicide? Why is one religion any more or less insane than the other?
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

Bruv;1479599 wrote: Not defending them or their actions, but condemning the idea that people you don't understand are uncivilised.

Many ancient races were thought of as uncivilised and so didn't warrant a second thought when it came to obliterating them and their lack of culture/civilisation. I am thinking of Australian Aborigines and American Indians who's 'civilisation' was later found to be very worthy.........but too late.

Thanks for the clarification, Bruv. I was starting to get worried there!!: :yh_sweat

I agree that sometimes people/races ARE condemned as uncivilized, usually by the ignorant, and these people can pop up in any "walk of life". Education may be part of the answer, clamping down on extremes of prejudice may be another, no matter WHO is being prejudiced (EDL, for the Americans that's English Defence League, a far-right quasi-facist organization that springs to mind here, as do inflammatory "Mullah's" and "hardliners" from varous segments of the Asian/Pakistani community).

Thankfully, these people are in a minority at present, let's hope it remains this way!
FourPart

This is God in action

Post by FourPart »

I think the inquisition could be said as being violent for the sake of religion.
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

Came across this link

List of apologies made by Pope John Paul II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he officially made public apologies for over 100 of these wrongdoings, including:[2][3][4][5][6]

The legal process on the Italian scientist and philosopher Galileo Galilei, himself a devout Catholic, around 1633 (31 October 1992).[3][4][5][6]

Catholics' involvement with the African slave trade (9 August 1993).[3][4][5][6]

The Church's role in burnings at the stake and the religious wars that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the Czech Republic).[3][4][5][6]

The injustices committed against women, the violation of women's rights and for the historical denigration of women (29 May 1995, in a "letter to women").[2][3][4][5][6]

The inactivity and silence of many Catholics during the Holocaust (16 March 1998)[3][4][5][6]

For the execution of Jan Hus in 1415 (18 December 1999 in Prague). When John Paul II visited Prague in 1990s, he requested experts in this matter "to define with greater clarity the position held by Jan Hus among the Church's reformers, and acknowledged that "independently of the theological convictions he defended, Hus cannot be denied integrity in his personal life and commitment to the nation's moral education." It was another step in building a bridge between Catholics and Protestants.[3][4][5][6]

For the sins of Catholics throughout the ages for violating "the rights of ethnic groups and peoples, and [for showing] contempt for their cultures and religious traditions". (12 March 2000, during a public Mass of Pardons).[3][4][5][6]

For the actions of the Crusader attack on Constantinople in 1204. To the Patriarch of Constantinople he said "Some memories are especially painful, and some events of the distant past have left deep wounds in the minds and hearts of people to this day. I am thinking of the disastrous sack of the imperial city of Constantinople, which was for so long the bastion of Christianity in the East. It is tragic that the assailants, who had set out to secure free access for Christians to the Holy Land, turned against their own brothers in the faith. The fact that they were Latin Christians fills Catholics with deep regret. How can we fail to see here the mysterium iniquitatis at work in the human heart? ".[3][4][5][6]

On 20 November 2001, from a laptop in the Vatican, Pope John Paul II sent his first e-mail apologising for the Catholic sex abuse cases, the Church-backed "Stolen Generations" of Aboriginal children in Australia, and to China for the behaviour of Catholic missionaries in colonial times.[7]

An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.

— Pope John Paul II [8]

Before I get accused of anti-catholicism you do of course realise the protestant churches where each individual is reposnsible for his own salvation of course have no need to apologise.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

Reciprocity and altruism may be more instinct than thought.

I believe that the tribalism of religions may in fact hinder the working of that instinct within each of us.

I am pleased that that young man was not so conditioned that he would ignore his instincts. Some religionists do when, for example, they Honor Kill their children for not dressing in the traditional way.

In Islam, I understand that that is about 5,000 Honor Killings world wide yearly.

Thoughts?

Regards

DL
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

I would be interested to know what the qu'ran says about killing. The Bible says "thou shalt not kill", yet thousands were killed by the Catholic Spanish inquisition. Tribalism may indeed be involved, but the word hypocrisy also looms large to me.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

Smaug;1479758 wrote: I would be interested to know what the qu'ran says about killing. The Bible says "thou shalt not kill", yet thousands were killed by the Catholic Spanish inquisition. Tribalism may indeed be involved, but the word hypocrisy also looms large to me.

I do not have anything that sows only what we face here on earth. This list has items for both here and after death.

I think they are all individual entries in their holy books even as some are repetitions on the same theme.

1.Disbelievers worship false gods. The will burn forever in the Fire. 2:257

2.Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next. 2:85

3."For disbelievers is a painful doom." 2:104

4.Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die. 2:114

5."And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119

6.Allah will leave the disbelievers alone for a while, but then he will compel them to the doom of Fire. 2:126

7.The doom of the disbelievers will not be lightened. 2:162

8.Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

9.Allah says that you must keep fighting until there is no more persecution and everyone on earth is a Muslim. Then you can stop killing people. 2:193a

10.But if there are any wrong-doers around after you've killed off all the disbelievers, persecutors and aggressors, then you'll have to kill them too. 2:193b

11.War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

12.Those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, theirs will be a heavy doom. 3:4

13.Those who disbelieve will be fuel for the Fire. 3:10

14.Those who disbelieve shall be overcome and gathered unto Hell. 3:12

15.Non-muslims will be punished by Allah for their nonbelief. 3:19

16.Those who disbelieve, promise them a painful doom. 3:21

17."They [Christians and Jews] say: The Fire will not touch us save for a certain number of days. That which they used to invent hath deceived them regarding their religion." (The Fire will burn them forever.) 3:24

18.All non-Muslims will be rejected by Allah after they die. 3:85

19.Apostates will be cursed by Allah, angels, and men. They will have a painful doom. 3:86-88

20.Disbelievers will have a painful doom. And they will have no helpers. 3:91

21.Disbelievers will have their faces blackened on the last day. They will face an awful doom. 3:105-6

22.Those who disbelieve will be burnt in the Fire. 3:116

23.The Fire is prepared for disbelievers. 3:131

24.We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Their habitation is the Fire 3:151

25.If you die fighting for Allah, you'll be rewarded in heaven. 3:157

26."Is one who followeth the pleasure of Allah as one who hath earned condemnation from Allah, whose habitation is the Fire?"

Unbelievers will burn forever in the Fire. 3:162

27.Disbelievers do not harm Allah, but will have a painful doom. 3:177

28.Disbelievers will have a shameful doom. 3:178

29.Those who die fighting for Allah will go to heaven. 3:195b

30.Disbelievers will go to Hell. 3:196

31.For the disbelievers and those who make a last-minute conversion, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:18

32.For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37

33.Those who ...believe not in Allah nor the Last Day" will face a shameful doom. 4:38

34.Apostates are going to hell. 4:55

35.Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

36.Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

37.Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

38.Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

39.After non-Muslims die, they will make excuses for their unbelief -- like saying that they were oppressed. Then the angels will ask them, "Why didn't you move to another country?" But the angels won't wait for an answer. They'll just take them all to hell. 4:97

40.Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115

41.Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137

42.Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140

43.You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151

44.For the wrongdoing Jews, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:160-1

45.Allah will guide disbelievers down the road to hell. 4:167-169

46.Those who deny Islam will be losers in the Hereafter. 5:5

47.Disbelievers are the rightful owners of Hell. 5:10

48.Disbelievers will have a painful doom. 5:36

49.Disbelievers will want to come out of the Fire, but will not. Their will be a lasting doom. 5:37

50.Christians will be burned in the Fire. 5:72

51.Christians are wrong about the Trinity. For that they will have a painful doom. 5:73

52.Muslims that make friends with disbelievers will face a doom prepared for them by Allah. 5:80

53.Disbelievers will be owners of hell-fire. 5:86

54.Those who deny the truth of Islam will be punished by Allah. 6:5

55."See the nature of the consequence for the rejecters!" 6:11

56.Disbelievers will say when they see the Fire that they would have believed if they had known the truth. But they are all liars. 6:27-28

57.Allah will torment those how deny his revelations. 6:49

58.Those who disbelieve will be forced to drink boiling water, and will face a painful doom. 6:70

59.When nonbelievers die, the angels will deliver to them doom and degradation. 6:93

60.Allah allows some to disbelieve in the afterlife, and to take pleasure in their disbelief, so that he can torment them forever after they die. 6:113

61.Allah chooses to lead some astray, and he lays ignominy on those who disbelieve. 6:125

62.Let the idolaters kill their children. It is Allah's will. 6:137

63.The worst thing anyone can do is deny the revelations of Allah. Those who do so will be awarded an evil doom. 6:157

64.Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire. 7:36

65.Disbelievers will be excluded from heaven. Theirs will be a bed of hell. 7:40-41

66.Those in the Fire will cry out to those in heaven, saying: "Pour water on us." But Allah has forbidden that to disbelievers. 7:50

67.Allah drowned everyone on earth (except Noah and his family) because they disbelieved. 7:64

68.Those who believe incorrectly will face the terror and wrath of Allah. 7:71

69.Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:78

Allah killed the disbelievers with an earthquake. 7:90-91

70."How can I sorrow for a people that rejected (truth)?"

Shu'eyb tells Allah's victims that they deserved to die for rejecting Islam. 7:93

71."Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not."

Unbelievers are never safe from Allah's wrath. 7:95-99

72."We drowned them in the sea: because they denied Our revelations." 7:136

73.Allah will punish the disbelieving Jews until the Day of Resurrection. 7:167

74."Allah ... cut the root of the disbelievers."

Allah destroyed the unbelievers. 8:7

75.Allah will throw fear into the hearts of the disbelievers, and smite their necks and fingers. 8:12

76.Disbelievers will be tormented in the Fire. 8:14

77.When you fight with disbelievers, do not retreat. Those who do will go to hell. 8:15-16

78.Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. 8:35

79.Those who disbelieve will be gathered into hell. 8:36

80.The angels smite the face and backs of disbelievers, saying: "Taste the punishment of burning!" 8:50

81.Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and the enemy of Allah. 8:59-60

82.Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve. 9:3

83.Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. 9:5

84.Don't let idolaters tend the sanctuaries. Their works are in vain and they will be burned in the Fire. 9:17

85."Count ye the slaking of a pilgrim's thirst ... as (equal to the worth of) him who believeth in Allah and the Last Day, and striveth in the way of Allah?"

Helping the poor is not as important as believing in Islam and fighting in holy wars. 9:19

86.If you refuse to fight, Allah will afflict you with a painful doom. 9:39

87.Disbelievers go to hell. 9:49

88.Allah promises hypocrites and disbelievers the fire of hell. Allah curses them. They will have a lasting torment. 9:68

89.Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway. 9:73

90.Allah will afflict disbelievers with a painful doom in this world and the Hereafter. 9:74

91.Those who refuse to give their wealth and lives to Allah will face the fire of hell. 9:81-83

92.For disbelievers there will be a painful doom. 9:90

93.Non-muslim who pretend to believe (so they won't be killed by Muslims) are unclean and will go to hell. 9:95

94.The unbelieving Arabs will be punished by Allah with an evil fortune. 9:97-98

95.Those that ignore Allah will be thown into the fire of hell. 9:109

96.Believers must fight for Allah. They must kill and be killed , and are bound to do so by the Torah, Gospel, and Quran. But Allah will reward them for it. 9:111

97.Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you. 9:123

98.Disbelievers will have a boiling drink and a painful doom. 10:4

99.On the last day Allah will kill all the disbelievers (and then he will torture them forever in hell). 10:45

100.Those who disbelieved will face a dreadful doom. 10:70

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

101.Allah drowned those who disbelieved his revelations. 10:73

102.If you deny the revelations of Allah, you will be among the losers and will "see the painful doom." 10:95-97

103.Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire 13:5

104.Those who do not answer Allah's call will go to hell. 13:18

105.Allah leads disbelievers astry while he torments them in this life. Then afterh they die, he makes them uffer even more pain in the doom of the Hereafter. 13:33-34

106.The reward for disbelievers is the Fire. 13:35

107.Woe unto the disbelievers. Theirs will be an awful doom. 14:2

108.Those who are in hell will be forced to drink festering water which they can hardly swallow. They will want to die, but they will not be able to. Theirs is a harsh doom. 14:16-17

109.Those in hell will be chained together. Their clothing will be made of pitch and fire will cover their faces. 14:49-50

110.Iblis will lead humans astray. Only perfect Muslims will be safe from him. The rest will go to hell. 15:39-43

111.Disbelievers are evil and will dwell in hell forever. 16:27-29

112.Allah will add doom to doom for those who disbelieve. 16:88

113.Those who oppose Islam will face an awful doom. 16:94

114.Disbelievers will have a painful doom. 16:104

115.Those who lose their faith in Islam will face an awful doom. Allah's wrath is upon them. 16:106

116.Allah made hell to be a dungeon for disbelievers. 17:8

117.Allah has prepared a painful doom for those who disbelieve in the Hereafter. 17:10

118.Allah will send disbelievers astray. Then he'll burn them in hell, increasing the flames from time to time. 17:97-98

119.Allah has prepared a Fire for the disbelievers. When they want a shower, Allah will give them a shower of molten lead to burn their faces. 18:29

120.Christians will cry out to Allah's "partners", but they won't hear them; Allah will send them to their doom. 18:52

121.Nothing prevents non-muslims from believing in Islam. So it's their own fault when they are sent to their doom. 18:55

122.Allah will welcome the disbelievers into hell. 18:102

123.The good works of disbelievers are all in vain. They will go to hell anyway. 18:104-105

124.Hell is the reward for disbelievers because they made a jest of Allah's revelations and messengers. 18:106

125."Woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day."

Jesus was not the Son of God. Those who say he was (Christians) are going to hell. 19:35-37

126.Allah will pluck out from every sect those who should burn in hell. 19:69-70

127.Allah will prolong the lives of non-believers so they can see their punishment, either in this world or in the Hour of doom. 19:75

128.Allah will record what disbelievers say and then prolong their torment. 19:77-79

129.Allah destroyed entire towns, yet the people still disbelieved. 20:6

130.Lo! it hath been revealed unto us that the doom will be for him who denieth and turneth away." 20:48

131.Those who do not believe Allah's revelations will face doom in the Hereafter. 20:127

132.Allah destroyed entire towns, yet the people still disbelieved. 21:6

133."And one of them who should say: Lo! I am a god beside Him, that one We should repay with hell." 21:29

134.Disbelievers will not be able to put out the fire on their faces and backs. They will be stupefied and no one will help them. 21:39-40

135.The disbelievers will stare in terror at what Allah has in store for them. 21:97-99

136."He who disputeth concerning Allah without knowledge or guidance or a scripture giving light, Turning away in pride to beguile (men) from the way of Allah. For him in this world is ignominy, and on the Day of Resurrection We make him taste the doom of burning."

Those who turn from the way of Allah will face ignominy in this world and the doom of burning in the next. 22:8-9

137.Disbelievers will wear garments of fire, boiling fluid will be poured on their heads, their bellies and skin will be melted, they will be tormented with iron hooks, and when they try to escape they will be driven back with the taunt: Taste the doom of burning. 22:19-22

138.Allah will provide the disbelievers with a painful doom. 22:25

139.Those who disregard Allah's revelations are the owners of the Fire. 22:51

140.Those who disbelieve Allah's revelations will have a shameful doom. 22:57

141.Those who disbelieve Allah's revelations will burn in the Fire. 22:72

142.Those who don't believe in the Hereafter will receive extreme punishment from Allah. 23:74-77

143.Disbelievers will never escape the Fire that will be their home. 24:57

144.Those who deny the coming of the Hour will be chained together and burned with fire. They will pray for their own destruction. 25:11-13

145.It will be a hard day for disbelievers and wrong-doers. They will gnaw on their hands and wish they had chosen Islam. 25:26-27

146.Those who deny Muhammad's revelations will be destroyed. 25:36

147."They will know, when they behold the doom, who is more astray as to the road." 25:42

148.Those who believe in another god are doomed. 26:213

149.Those who disbelieve in the revelations of Allah have no hope of mercy. For such there is a painful doom. 29:23

150.The doom of hell will come upon disbelievers suddenly, when they least expect it. 29:53-55

151.The worst thing you can do is tell a lie about Allah. Hell is the home of disbelievers. 29:68

152.Allah seals the heart of disbelievers. (And then he burns them in the Fire.) 30:59

153.Those who mislead others from Allah's way and mock Islam will have a painful doom. 31:6-7

154.Allah will give disbelievers a little comfort for a little while, and then he'll torment them forever with a heavy doom. 31:23-24

155.The worst thing you can do is to deny the revelations of Allah. 32:22

156.He hath prepared a painful doom for the unfaithful." 33:8

157.Allah cast panic into the hearts of the disbelievers. He killed some, and enslaved others. 33:25-26

158.Those who oppose Islam will be slain with a fierce slaughter. 33:60-61

159.Allah has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming fire, wherein they will abide forever. 33:64-65

160.T"On the day when their faces are turned over in the Fire, they say: Oh, would that we had obeyed Allah and had obeyed His messenger!"

When Allah burns the faces of disbelievers in the Fire, they'll wish they had obeyed Muhammad and Allah. 33:66

161.Those who challenge the revelations of Muhammad will have a painful doom. 34:5

162.Those who disbelieve in the Hereafter will be tormented. 34:8

163."They are filled with remorse when they behold the doom; and We place carcans on the necks of those who disbelieved." 34:33

164.Those who strive against Allah's revelations will be brought to the doom. 34:38

165.Those who ignore Allah's messenger (Muhammed) will face a terrific doom. 34:46

166.Those who are cast into hell be terrified when they see that they have no escape. Then they will believe. But it will be too late. 34:51-52

167.Those who disbelieve will have an awful doom. 35:7

168.Disbelievers will burn forever in the fire of hell. Allah will keep them alive so that he can torture them forever. When they repent and ask for mercy, he will ignore them. 35:36-7

169.Allah has blinded the disbelievers so that they cannot see the truth. So don't bother warning them. They will go to hell anyway. 36:8-10

170.Allah will burn the disbelievers in hell. 36:63-4

171.Those who refuse to believe in Muhammad's revelations will face a painful doom. 37:31-38

172.Those in hell must eat from a tree with the heads of devils, and then drink boiling water. After that they return to hell. 37:62-68

173.Only the "single-minded slaves of Allah" will be saved from the doom. 37:127-8

174.No one is against Allah, except those who burn in hell. 37:162-3

175.Just wait a while and watch. The unbelievers will soon be destroyed in the doom. 37:176-9

176.Those who doubt will soon taste Allah's doom. 38:8

177.Those who deny the messengers deserve doom. 38:14

178.Those who wander from the way of Allah will have an awful doom. 38:26

179.Those who disbelieve will burn in the Fire. 38:27

180.The transgressors will roast in the Fire and be forced to drink boiling liquids followed by ice cold drinks. 38:55-9

181.Tell the disbelievers to enjoy themselves now, because later they will be owners of the Fire. 39:8

182.The doom will come upon those who deny what Allah has revealed. 39:25

183.Allah will make non-believers "taste humiliation in the life of the world" and " the doom of the Hereafter" which will be even worse. 39:26

184.The worst thing you can do is tell a lie against Allah. The home of disbelievers is hell. 39:32

185.Disbelievers had their chance to believe. They will all suffer in an endless doom. 39:56-59

186.Those who lie about Allah will be sent to hell and will have their faces blackened. 39:60

187.Those who disbelieve will be driven into hell. 39:71-72

188.Those who disbelieve are the owners of the Fire. 40:6

189.Those who ignore Allah's "clear proofs" will be seized and punished severely. 40:22

190.Disbelievers will burn forever in the Fire. 41:41-42

191.Those in hell will beg to be relieved from the Fire's torment for just a day. But the prayer of a disbeliever is in vain. 40:49-50

192.Those who scorn Allah will go to hell. 40:60

193.Those who deny the revelations of Allah are perverted. 40:63

194.Those who deny the Scripture and Allah's messengers will be dragged through boiling water and thrust into the Fire. 40:70-72

195.Those who scorn will go to hell. 40:76
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

Context ?

(Brevity has merits)
G#Gill

This is God in action

Post by G#Gill »

Looking at GCB's 2 large posts up there, it seems that religions put great store on killing their fellow men for whatever reasons. I'm so glad I am not religious. Religion is apparently far too violent, vicious and unbending, according to all those threats in the name of religion, in GCB's posts.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

Smaug;1479758 wrote: I would be interested to know what the qu'ran says about killing. The Bible says "thou shalt not kill", yet thousands were killed by the Catholic Spanish inquisition. Tribalism may indeed be involved, but the word hypocrisy also looms large to me.

Why don;t you get hold of a copy then?

posted by g#gill

Looking at GCB's 2 large posts up there, it seems that religions put great store on killing their fellow men for whatever reasons. I'm so glad I am not religious. Religion is apparently far too violent, vicious and unbending, according to all those threats in the name of religion, in GCB's posts.

It's all about power and control. If you read the story of moses leave god out of it for a moment and it's a story about how to get control of tribe and expel all those who disagree with you or would challenge your authority. Challenging a war leader is one thing challenging somoen who has concinced others that he is talking directly to god or god is talking to him and you make a very strong position for yourself. When they took the promised land it was naked tribal warfare over land and resources convincing your soldiers god was on their side gives an advantage.
FourPart

This is God in action

Post by FourPart »

Nothing changes there. The phrase Dieu Et Mon Droit comes to mind - and on the launching of warships - "God bless her & all who sail in her".
gmc

This is God in action

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1479791 wrote: Nothing changes there. The phrase Dieu Et Mon Droit comes to mind - and on the launching of warships - "God bless her & all who sail in her".

Now we're leaving europe mybe the french motto will diappear?
Smaug

This is God in action

Post by Smaug »

gmc;1479802 wrote: Now we're leaving europe mybe the french motto will diappear?

That one's too close to call, as exit from the EU is far from certain at present. I would be content with either;

1. Major EU reform on Immigration and border control, or

2. Brexit, in that order.

As I've already stated, get rid of the Quango Commission so that European politics and decisions are taken by the ELECTED house. Introduce a points based system for immigration (it works well for Canada and Australia) so that you only get the people you want/need, not all the freeloaders! I get sick and tired of all the liberal poppycock that claims MASS immigration is good for this country (England) because it's most definitely not.

Every year, we get a small city's worth of fresh immigrants settle here, with all the extra strain on resources (jobs,education,healthcare, housing and infrastructure). Most of these people have contributed nothing to this country PRIOR to their arrival. Its NOT the immigrants' fault that this occurs, the blame rests squarely with our government, and the EU for allowing this to happen. We need a bit more commonsense if we're to prosper, or indeed, survive in this increasingly tense and hostile world.
Bruv

This is God in action

Post by Bruv »

I honestly don't believe there are many immigrants that come here strictly for benefits, I seriously believe they come on the understanding they can better there chances here.

I understand we can impose restrictions on benefit entitlement anyway, so if people are putting themselves under lorries or sailing on uncharted seas,so putting their lives in danger for benefits, let us stop that inducement but don't put the blame on the EU for enforcing our internal arrangements for benefit payments because they don't.

The movement within the EU is beneficial for us all, giving UK citizens the right to work wherever they want, it is the ultimate Tebbitism 'Get on yer bike', allowing movement to where the work is available.

But I would agree the EU ought to have a concerted plan for the movement from third world countries to Europe.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

G#Gill;1479775 wrote: Looking at GCB's 2 large posts up there, it seems that religions put great store on killing their fellow men for whatever reasons. I'm so glad I am not religious. Religion is apparently far too violent, vicious and unbending, according to all those threats in the name of religion, in GCB's posts.

Do not forget that the Christian God also sends the vast majority of us, those he loves unconditionally to hell and death.

Strange how we are loved but not enough to cure but enough to kill.

I like my Gnostic Christian Universalist religions ways but not the mainstream religions ways.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

Bruv;1479772 wrote: Context ?

(Brevity has merits)

Let me keep it brief.

The context of most of those words is that they, or very similar words, can be attributed to most mainstream religions as they are all tribal by nature and tribes generally hate all those not in their tribe.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

FourPart;1479791 wrote: Nothing changes there. The phrase Dieu Et Mon Droit comes to mind - and on the launching of warships - "God bless her & all who sail in her".

As a Gnostic Christian, j'ais le droit d'aitre Dieu.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

This is God in action

Bruv;1479817 wrote: I honestly don't believe there are many immigrants that come here strictly for benefits, I seriously believe they come on the understanding they can better there chances here.

I understand we can impose restrictions on benefit entitlement anyway, so if people are putting themselves under lorries or sailing on uncharted seas,so putting their lives in danger for benefits, let us stop that inducement but don't put the blame on the EU for enforcing our internal arrangements for benefit payments because they don't.

The movement within the EU is beneficial for us all, giving UK citizens the right to work wherever they want, it is the ultimate Tebbitism 'Get on yer bike', allowing movement to where the work is available.

But I would agree the EU ought to have a concerted plan for the movement from third world countries to Europe.

What happens on the day when the E. U. or U.K. becomes a third world nation due to overpopulation?

Will it begin to blow those ships out of the water as Mercy Killings?

Will the E. U. or U.K. become and act like the old city states who had limited resources and had to use baby sacrifice to insure that a new mouth to feed did not create hunger and death for an older member of that community?

Here in Canada, we have yet to have much of what the E. U. is having to suffer but all nations may soon need to make hard choices. We are at about 8 billion and stats show we will have to learn to live with 10 billion and climate change may push us to kill instead of take in those boatloads of unfortunate people.

Regards

DL
FourPart

This is God in action

Post by FourPart »

Third World simply means countries that are not aligned with the U.S. or Russia (1st & 2nd Worlds).

Return to “General Religious Discussions”