Another Cop shooting

Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

A newly released video shows a tense traffic stop last month in which a man stepping out of a car with his hands raised at shoulder height was fatally shot by police.

This graphically shows how these 'accidents' really happen.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
flopstock

Another Cop shooting

Post by flopstock »

The driver managed to follow instructions, it is a real shame that the passenger couldn't.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1472253 wrote: The driver managed to follow instructions, it is a real shame that the passenger couldn't.

I am speechless................
flopstock

Another Cop shooting

Post by flopstock »

OMG Bruv! I swear there was an eyeroll smilie at the end of that sentence when I went to post it!!

Bruv;1472260 wrote: I am speechless................
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

flopstock;1472325 wrote: OMG Bruv! I swear there was an eyeroll smilie at the end of that sentence when I went to post it!!

I forgive you then...........
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

I am equally ****ing flabergasted over the the cop's ****ing foul language. Who the **** does he ****ing think he is? What if there were ****ing children in the ****ing car? Does he not give a ****? Why is it that if the ****ing public use such ****ing language the ****ing cops get ****ing angry and call it disre****ingspectful but the ****ing cops themselves can use whatever ****ing language they want to? I'll bet the ****ing cops in the ****ing UK don't use this kind of ****ing language when dealing with the ****ing public.
LarsMac

Another Cop shooting

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1472359 wrote: I am equally ****ing flabergasted over the the cop's ****ing foul language. Who the **** does he ****ing think he is? What if there were ****ing children in the ****ing car? Does he not give a ****? Why is it that if the ****ing public use such ****ing language the ****ing cops get ****ing angry and call it disre****ingspectful but the ****ing cops themselves can use whatever ****ing language they want to? I'll bet the ****ing cops in the ****ing UK don't use this kind of ****ing language when dealing with the ****ing public.

I couldn't have said it better, myself.

At least this time it is not about a white cop shooting a black man.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Another Cop shooting

Post by flopstock »

He just looked so nervous and scared through the entire thing, didn't he?

It's too bad he didn't make a much needed career change before he got so stressed.

I did see in the article that he had been involved in arresting the guy the previous year He was also arrested last year on charges including drug possession and obstruction; Days was one of the arresting officers then."

I wonder if he heard the part about having a gun as a threat?

Being is cop is tough these days. I would imagine there are a lot of nerves on edge.

Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

High Threshold;1472359 wrote: I am equally ****ing flabergasted over the the cop's ****ing foul language. Who the **** does he ****ing think he is? What if there were ****ing children in the ****ing car? Does he not give a ****? Why is it that if the ****ing public use such ****ing language the ****ing cops get ****ing angry and call it disre****ingspectful but the ****ing cops themselves can use whatever ****ing language they want to? I'll bet the ****ing cops in the ****ing UK don't use this kind of ****ing language when dealing with the ****ing public.

I am of the opinion that nothing should be out of bounds for joke making and so.......as this occurred December 30th and the deceased is now cold I will crack a half hearted smile.

I find the climate of fear that finds a Law Officer opening fire in such a manner for such a minor demeanor horrific.

The idea that arms secure your FREEDOM is a myth, the opposite is the case........you are captive to the atmosphere of continuous anxiety
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Welcome to the real world.

When I grew up nobody in my family used such language. My friends did not. Way back when my wife commented that she liked that I did not use such language.

Sounds silly but it wasn't until I joined the Army to hear the f-bomb thrown about liberally. To this day I judge people by such language.

With that said, time and place is what matters.

For example kicking back, watching a ball game with your buddies drinking beer.

Time to relax already.

Confronting an uncivilized animal who does not understand civility. Who is Aggressive. Dangerous.

Who already served had spent about 13 years in prison for shooting at New Jersey State Police troopers when he was a teenager. He was also arrested last year on charges including drug possession and obstruction; Days was one of the arresting officers then.

Perhaps should have invited him over for a cup of tea.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1472249 wrote: A newly released video shows a tense traffic stop last month in which a man stepping out of a car with his hands raised at shoulder height was fatally shot by police.

This graphically shows how these 'accidents' really happen.

No accident.

A dangerous animal was shot and killed.

Ever how so small, the world is now a safer place.
Snowfire

Another Cop shooting

Post by Snowfire »

tude dog;1472487 wrote: No accident.

So you are saying the police should be judge, jury and executioner ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1472487 wrote: No accident.

Today some dangerous animal.......tomorrow You ?
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Snowfire;1472488 wrote: So you are saying the police should be judge, jury and executioner ?

Not at all.

EVERYBODY has the right to defend themselves.
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1472521 wrote: Not at all.

You couldn't make it up could you ?
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1472489 wrote: Today some dangerous animal.......tomorrow You ?

Today, tomorrow or yesterday.

I am not one to challenge a peace officer who clearly, in no uncertain terms tells me he will kill me if I don't comply with lawful commands.

I am not the one known to served time for shooting a cop. I am not the one who was arrested for dealing illegal drugs, all known facts.

Let us not forget the driver, who far as I know suffered no harm.
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1472522 wrote: You couldn't make it up could you ?

Not clear your point.

I emphasize EVERYBODY to point out cops carry guns for the same reason anybody else would.
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1472541 wrote: Today, tomorrow or yesterday.

I am not one to challenge a peace officer who clearly, in no uncertain terms tells me he will kill me if I don't comply with lawful commands.

I am not the one known to served time for shooting a cop. I am not the one who was arrested for dealing illegal drugs, all known facts.

Let us not forget the driver, who far as I know suffered no harm.

It gets worse.......best we shoot them all the first time they dare to cross that line.
AnneBoleyn

Another Cop shooting

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1472521 wrote:

In that logic, people have a self-duty to defend themselves against police if they feel threatened. Hey?
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1472544 wrote: Not clear your point.

I emphasize EVERYBODY to point out cops carry guns for the same reason anybody else does.

My point being your peculiarly quaint attitude.

And THAT reason ?

To shoot dead anybody they fear may shoot them ?

Well.....................thats sorted that then.........carry on......reload.
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1472547 wrote: It gets worse.......best we shoot them all the first time they dare to cross that line.

I dunno what line you speak of.

I speak of something along the lines of the actual threat of imminent danger of severe injury or death.
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1472548 wrote: In that logic, people have a self-duty to defend themselves against police if they feel threatened. Hey?

Hey

It is not about how one feels.
FourPart

Another Cop shooting

Post by FourPart »

In the UK police are not routinely armed, and on the whole criminals don't carry them either, as there is no need to. If the police were to be armed, you can bet your bottom dollar that the situation would immediately escalate & every yob would then be carrying them as well.

I find a culture that includes a "Right To Bear Arms" in its constitution as sickeningly innately violent. It perpetuates violence through violence.
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

tude dog;1472566 wrote: I dunno what line you speak of.

I speak of something along the lines of the actual threat of imminent danger of severe injury or death.

The Line where whoever has the gun and the authority says it is ?

Imagine the scenario......Police officer commands you, Tude Dog, a law abiding American citizen, to comply with his demand to take your hand from inside your jacket, his reasoning is that he is fearful for his life, he honestly believes you are a threat and that your invisible hand is wrapped around the handle of a gun with your finger poised on the trigger and with safety off.

He has no idea that you are searching through the pocket for a Hershey bar to give to your beloved granddaughter who is crying beside you. The Peace Officer honestly believes you have evil intentions toward the child, and in order to save both her and his own life he must make an instant decision. The Officer has information that somebody with your description has taken a child from a local Mall.

You die Tude, your granddaughter's crying makes the Officers command inaudible so you are unable to comply in the panic of a life and death situation.

Where do I send my condolences ?
AnneBoleyn

Another Cop shooting

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1472570 wrote: Hey

It is not about how one feels.

OK--In that logic, people have a self-duty to defend themselves against police if they are threatened.
Ahso!

Another Cop shooting

Post by Ahso! »

I read on one forum where one poster (and not a dumb person either) believes this could have been as assassination. That's why the black cop does the shooting.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Another Cop shooting

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1472591 wrote: In the UK police are not routinely armed, and on the whole criminals don't carry them either, as there is no need to. If the police were to be armed, you can bet your bottom dollar that the situation would immediately escalate & every yob would then be carrying them as well.

I find a culture that includes a "Right To Bear Arms" in its constitution as sickeningly innately violent. It perpetuates violence through violence.

Sorry, but I have to point out that we do not have the right to bear arms because it is in the constitution. All men have the right to bear arms and defend themselves when necessary.

What our constitution does by containing those words is to limit the government from restricting that right and forcing us to give up our arms.

Were you able to guarantee that all gun violence in the world would stop if I gave up my guns, then I would gladly hand them over.

But, frankly, taking my gun away from me will not make me and my family any safer, nor will it make anyone else any safer from me. Multiply that by 90+% of gun owners in this country.

You cannot blame the entire population for the stupidity of 1%
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

tude dog;1472485 wrote: ....... time and place is what matters. .......

That I can agree with. Blacks in the U.S. can call each other “n*i*g*g*e*r” – no foul. Australians can call everyone “bastard” – no foul. Brits can call their worst female enemy “love” – no foul. Americans cannot call someone of Polish background “Pollack” but in Poland the term “Pollack” is the term for Pole in their own language anyway – no foul. BUT no matter what part of the world you're in and what time of the day it is, I cannot excuse a trained and licensed police officer spewing “**** this” and “**** that”. :mad:
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1472616 wrote: You cannot blame the entire population for the stupidity of 1%

In this case who is to blame ?
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

Snowfire;1472488 wrote: So you are saying the police should be judge, jury and executioner ?

Tude will never forgive me for this but I think what he means is that if you own an automobile, then why walk? And if you carry a gun ….. why talk?
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1472591 wrote: In the UK police are not routinely armed, and on the whole criminals don't carry them either, as there is no need to. If the police were to be armed, you can bet your bottom dollar that the situation would immediately escalate & every yob would then be carrying them as well.

You are a glass of fresh, spring water.
LarsMac

Another Cop shooting

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1472618 wrote: In this case who is to blame ?

We don't know what was making that cop so nervous. But, he was definitely strung pretty tight.

All I know for a certainty is that when a cop has a gun pointed at me, and says, "Show me your hands", my empty hands come out the window with fingers all spread out so he can see I got nothing in them.

Some questions, how did the cop happen to see the gun in the glove box? first part of the answer, the glove box was open, Who opened it? probably not the cop.

The cop recognized the guy, probably, and saw the gun, and the guy kept doing stuff with his hands.

I dunno, I may not have waited til he was getting out of the car to shoot him.

Again, it is always easy to second-guess people when you are viewing something on video.

And I can't say that I am going to lose a lot of sleep over the demise of a drug dealing cop-killer, but I don't think I want that cop out patrolling the streets for a while, either. He's too excitable.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1472631 wrote: We don't know what was making that cop so nervous. But, he was definitely strung pretty tight.

All I know for a certainty is that when a cop has a gun pointed at me, and says, "Show me your hands", my empty hands come out the window with fingers all spread out so he can see I got nothing in them.

Some questions, how did the cop happen to see the gun in the glove box? first part of the answer, the glove box was open, Who opened it? probably not the cop.

The cop recognized the guy, probably, and saw the gun, and the guy kept doing stuff with his hands.

I dunno, I may not have waited til he was getting out of the car to shoot him.

Again, it is always easy to second-guess people when you are viewing something on video.

And I can't say that I am going to lose a lot of sleep over the demise of a drug dealing cop-killer, but I don't think I want that cop out patrolling the streets for a while, either. He's too excitable.

NOTHING in this fantasy, make-it-up-as-you-go-along scenario gives me the slightest impression that he ought to have been shot. Dip all of your suppositions in honey, roll it up, pat it into a ball and say "it's all true" ....... still NOTHING there. Any community where a cop would shot a man under all of those circumstances (yours) is not a place in which I'd choose to live, and if the police cannot judge on-the-job circumstances better than that then you might just as well distribute the brown shirts and wrap a swastika round an arm.
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1472631 wrote: We don't know what was making that cop so nervous. But, he was definitely strung pretty tight...................................................And I can't say that I am going to lose a lot of sleep over the demise of a drug dealing cop-killer, but I don't think I want that cop out patrolling the streets for a while, either. He's too excitable.

My opinion as to why the cop was so..........excitable....he has been asked to police a community where the chances are any and everybody may have a weapon and wants to kill him.

So he has to assume everybody he comes into contact with is armed and dangerous, and to shoot them at the earliest possible excuse, just to save your own life.

It is the climate of fear that did it..........not that poor Policeman.

I would call that Martial Law.............what are these freedoms you hold so dear ?
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1472592 wrote: The Line where whoever has the gun and the authority says it is ?

Imagine the scenario......Police officer commands you, Tude Dog, a law abiding American citizen, to comply with his demand to take your hand from inside your jacket, his reasoning is that he is fearful for his life, he honestly believes you are a threat and that your invisible hand is wrapped around the handle of a gun with your finger poised on the trigger and with safety off.

He has no idea that you are searching through the pocket for a Hershey bar to give to your beloved granddaughter who is crying beside you. The Peace Officer honestly believes you have evil intentions toward the child, and in order to save both her and his own life he must make an instant decision. The Officer has information that somebody with your description has taken a child from a local Mall.

You die Tude, your granddaughter's crying makes the Officers command inaudible so you are unable to comply in the panic of a life and death situation.

Where do I send my condolences ?

FourPart

Another Cop shooting

Post by FourPart »

John Lennon - a great pacifist - who gets shot by some nutter with a gun that he was legally entitled to own.
tude dog

Another Cop shooting

Post by tude dog »

High Threshold;1472617 wrote: That I can agree with. Blacks in the U.S. can call each other “n*i*g*g*e*r” – no foul. Australians can call everyone “bastard” – no foul. Brits can call their worst female enemy “love” – no foul. Americans cannot call someone of Polish background “Pollack” but in Poland the term “Pollack” is the term for Pole in their own language anyway – no foul. BUT no matter what part of the world you're in and what time of the day it is, I cannot excuse a trained and licensed police officer spewing “**** this” and “**** that”. :mad:

Gee, talk about drawing the line.

Officer Braheme Days at worse was unprofessional while dealing with a vicious animal.
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1472649 wrote: John Lennon - a great pacifist - who gets shot by some nutter with a gun that he was legally entitled to own.

Don't waste your breathe..........John wasn't paranoid......he was English.
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

tude dog;1472653 wrote: Gee, talk about drawing the line.

Officer Braheme Days at worse was unprofessional while dealing with a vicious animal.

I wonder. A cat burglar breaks into a home. He thinks the whole family of 9 has gone out. Lo and behold the woman of the house (who's in bed after a botched abortion) leaves the bedroom to see what is going on and sees the burglar with a sack full of her silverware in one hand and a pistol in the other. She raises her hands and utters a weak “Oh my God!” The burglar freaks out and pulls the trigger. Would you say that he is “at worse an unprofessional burglar while dealing with a murderous animal”?
LarsMac

Another Cop shooting

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1472635 wrote: NOTHING in this fantasy, make-it-up-as-you-go-along scenario gives me the slightest impression that he ought to have been shot. Dip all of your suppositions in honey, roll it up, pat it into a ball and say "it's all true" ....... still NOTHING there. Any community where a cop would shot a man under all of those circumstances (yours) is not a place in which I'd choose to live, and if the police cannot judge on-the-job circumstances better than that then you might just as well distribute the brown shirts and wrap a swastika round an arm.

So, you're saying that the cop was lying when he reported seeing a gun in the glove box?

Really, I tend to abhor violence, and there are a lot of problems I see with guns in this country, but I see much being made over so little in this particular case.

Sure, the cop should have been more in control of the situation. This guy seemed at a near panic. That disturbs me a bit. I expect a lot more self control from the officers in my community. He should go find a job where he does not get to carry a gun.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1472702 wrote: So, you're saying that the cop was lying when he reported seeing a gun in the glove box?

A metal object. A shiny metal object. A gun. He lied. He was mistaken. Lying about it is irrelevant. IT WAS IN THE GLOVE BOX - not in his hand.

LarsMac;1472702 wrote:

Sure, the cop should have been more in control of the situation.

Duh.

LarsMac;1472702 wrote: This guy seemed at a near panic.

No argument from me.

LarsMac;1472702 wrote: That disturbs me a bit.

A bit? I was hoping you'd say A LOT.

LarsMac;1472702 wrote: I expect a lot more self control from the officers in my community. He should go find a job where he does not get to carry a gun.

Now you're talking.
High Threshold

Another Cop shooting

Post by High Threshold »

If the U.S. is so keen on having its citizens legally arm themselves, then the police ought to cease freaking out and shooting people who own firearms. He's got a gun! But the Constitution says we have a right to own them! Bang! Oh well! He had several traffic violations anyway.
flopstock

Another Cop shooting

Post by flopstock »

Here is what is really sad and yet we are unable to get a sustained public conversation going on it:

Black journalist shuts up NBC panel: Let’s not pretend cops killing blacks is the problem - BizPac Review

It suggests that we don't really care that Americas blacks are dying in disproportionate numbers and that the news coverage of a death at the hands of a cop is just a ratings grabbing.

Ahso!

Another Cop shooting

Post by Ahso! »

The South Jersey Times reported this week that residents had filed seven municipal court complaints against Days since 2013 and two against Worley in that span for alleged abuses of power; all the complaints were dismissed.

Video shows man shot by New Jersey police raising his hands

This looks more and more like a hit as time passes. The only problem is that the guy was not supposed to exit the car thus making the shooting appear less obscure. Days, being an amateur hit man screwed up by shooting anyway. No biggie though - just another black (Days) off the streets anyway. Win - win!

This is Jersey; That place where the elected governor is a mafioso wannabe bully, don't forget.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Another Cop shooting

Post by Ahso! »

It seems to me that the first thing police do when they sense a dangerous situation is remove the suspects from the vehicle, handcuff them and them go about their normal business. Why wasn't that done here, I wonder.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Another Cop shooting

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1472724 wrote: Here is what is really sad and yet we are unable to get a sustained public conversation going on it:

Black journalist shuts up NBC panel: Let’s not pretend cops killing blacks is the problem - BizPac Review

It suggests that we don't really care that Americas blacks are dying in disproportionate numbers and that the news coverage of a death at the hands of a cop is just a ratings grabbing.The video cuts off as the "black journalist" is still talking and I don't watch MTP, so can't comment on that. However, addressing your link and that individual: No, it does nothing of the sort. What it does do is once again blame liberals for all the misfortunes the country suffers with conservatives sucking all the oxygen out of the room while pontificating their wrongheadedness. Once others on the panel have had enough lecturing and try to interject anything they are seen as stifling the loudmouth know-it-all conservative. A "sustained public conversation" means both sides exchange views and possibly come to a meeting of the minds - or agree to disagree. A difficult task for most conservatives, I'm sure.

If black-on-black killing of one another is in fact the issue then simply allow them to kill each other off and be done with it because the tone seems to be that there's no controlling it anyway.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Another Cop shooting

Post by FourPart »

I notice the Ferguson-like riots are conspicuous by their absence, and in this case there is even video evidence, rather than speculative, hearsay evidence at best.
Ahso!

Another Cop shooting

Post by Ahso! »

FourPart;1472782 wrote: I notice the Ferguson-like riots are conspicuous by their absence, and in this case there is even video evidence, rather than speculative, hearsay evidence at best.Law enforcement representatives have gone to great lengths recently to read the riot act to the nation via national television (i.e."STFU and obey or commands or else"). Conservatives, never ones to pass a good violent act by condoning it (as long as it's done by whites or police/military action) have been echoing the marching orders to the cops' cadence.

IOW, people are becoming scared to speak out. Hell, in writing this post I might be taking a chance. I'll let you know if I start getting pulled over regularly.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
FourPart

Another Cop shooting

Post by FourPart »

Ahso!;1472788 wrote:

IOW, people are becoming scared to speak out. Hell, in writing this post I might be taking a chance. I'll let you know if I start getting pulled over regularly.
They're arming Police in the Isle of Wight????
Bruv

Another Cop shooting

Post by Bruv »

FourPart;1472792 wrote: They're arming Police in the Isle of Wight????

Beat me to it.....

Return to “Societal Issues News”