Egypt bans 'inaccurate' Exodus film

gmc

Post by gmc »

BBC News - Egypt bans 'inaccurate' Exodus film

Not being religious it's a film - rather like Noah - that I wouldn't particularly go out my way to see. Does anyone seriously take the story of the exodus as anything except an exagerrated tale?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Nothing can beat Charlton Heston & the amount of times in '10 Commandments' some woman says to him "Moses, Moses, Moses." The Ultimate.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1470226 wrote: BBC News - Egypt bans 'inaccurate' Exodus film

Not being religious it's a film - rather like Noah - that I wouldn't particularly go out my way to see. Does anyone seriously take the story of the exodus as anything except an exagerrated tale?

Egypt knows its history, and the thoughts of unbelievers in that history means nothing to them; which is why the inaccurate portrayal of it insults them; as it insults believers in God having to deal with the growing disbelief that unbelievers have published and had success at doing; this site inparticular; when you go against the tidal wave of confusion, its going to be rejected and expelled; banned from the current human consciousness.

The peer pressure of this world is elite and all engulfing; turn you away from the historical facts, and get you inline with the wave. Go against the biblical truth, and go with the thing that is inaccurate; and any stand against this, will be met with world disapproval. And the truth will be narrowed down and dismissed. And the film will be showed. And the drama of the confused message, will be catered to by the masses;

as it is catered to here.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I bet the makers of the film are rubbing their hands together in delight at all the additional international publicity that what otherwise might be considered a rather mundane production will achieve.

The news item didn't mention who the film makers / publishers are, other than 'Hollywood'. It wouldn't happen to be Sony would it?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

FourPart;1470239 wrote: I bet the makers of the film are rubbing their hands together in delight at all the additional international publicity that what otherwise might be considered a rather mundane production will achieve.

The news item didn't mention who the film makers / publishers are, other than 'Hollywood'. It wouldn't happen to be Sony would it?

It's a Scott Free production, with Ridley Scott directing.

Should be a good flick, regardless of the Historical/Biblical accuracy.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, remaking "The Ten Commandments" is about as smart as remaking "The Sound of Music." The original is so strong as to overshadow the new no matter how good it is. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a classic film remade better than the original. And I'll only need two fingers to do that. So I'll probably see it on On Demand when it goes to cable.

On the other hand, I love a big epic with lots of flashy special effects. Knowing the the producers probably can't ruin the story (probably) is an added bonus, so it may be good.

And thirdly, here we go again, another country objecting to our pop culture. You can't say that America shouldn't be taken seriously as a country then take our pop culture seriously. Pfft.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Are we are talking about....a film...a movie, an entertainment ?

It really doesn't matter.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I wonder if they banned The Life Of Brian. After all, there were attempts to get that one banned over here.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”