Errrrrr I don't think so

Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by Oscar Namechange »

London council advises residents troubled by urban foxes raiding bins to shoot them - London - News - London Evening Standard

How about this Wandsworth Council.?

Before you even contemplate slaughtering Innocent life for merely attempting to find food to survive. why don't you clean up your filthy borough ?

I go through Wandsworth on my travels and It's a filthy s.hit hole of a tip.

Invest In clean, efficient, upvc wheelie bins as other parts of the country have that Foxes find It Impossible to get In to.

Do what my council does and heavilly fine those people who over fill bins and leave black sacks of waste rotting on pavements and streets.

Heavilly fine those who toss rotting filled nappies outside their homes In carrier bags as I have witnessed.

Impose restrictions and fines on those take aways and food outlets who leave rotting left over waste food In accessable bins for days waiting for bin men rather than pay for a service that deals In food waste.

Open a 24 hour free amenities tip and encourage householders to use It.

Clean up your stinking borough and the Foxes will disappear.

Mother Nature controls Fox populations. She does not allow Fox populations to multiply In an area where there Is not enough food to support the population.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
FourPart

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by FourPart »

Absolutely. Another case of blaming it on the foxes instead of looking at their own shortcomings.

It seems so bizarre that they're in favour of the additional expense of fox control, as with the traps etc., but are not prepared to take pre-emptive preventative steps such as you say, which would not only greatly reduce the problem (as it's unlikely to totally solve it), but would have the added advantage of benefiting the city in other ways, thus solving 2 problems with 1 budget - as well as probably being at a lower cost - especially if, as suggested, heavy fines are imposed for non-compliance.
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

FourPart;1467870 wrote: Absolutely. Another case of blaming it on the foxes instead of looking at their own shortcomings.

It seems so bizarre that they're in favour of the additional expense of fox control, as with the traps etc., but are not prepared to take pre-emptive preventative steps such as you say, which would not only greatly reduce the problem (as it's unlikely to totally solve it), but would have the added advantage of benefiting the city in other ways, thus solving 2 problems with 1 budget - as well as probably being at a lower cost - especially if, as suggested, heavy fines are imposed for non-compliance.

The way of thinking Is a knee jerk reaction as usual. The cost of slaughtering Badgers In Somerset given the numbers shot, worked out at £3,600 per Badger. The exercise has been deemed a total failure even If the Sabs played no part.

Australia has been Investing and dealing with Bovine TB for years quite efficiently but our government Instead of spending the money to research Bovine vaccinations to help farmers they would rather shoot the animals.

Australian Bovine Tuberculosis Surveillance Project : Animal Health Australia

The reason Foxes are even In High Streets In London Is due to property boom post war and mass building In the surburbs. Time and time again, they fail to research Fox behaviour. If they did, they would understand that Alpha's are extremely territorial and rarely, but can fight to the death over a territory If there Is a vital food supply there. If they were to shoot a Fox, within 4 days, that Fox would be replaced by a newly ousted cub moving In on the territory. These morons believe that If they shoot a Fox, the Fox population will go away. They also fail to grasp that due to the Fox territorial nature, just because they've built houses on that land, the Foxes dissapear. they don't... They merely adapt to their new surroundings.

If Take aways etc have bins of food waste rotting at the backs of High street shops for days on end... hey, guess what ? You're going to have Foxes. They only survive where the food supply can support the population.

Same goes for householders. Leave rotting nappies and food waste sprawling outside your house for days and the Foxes will be attracted,

Dear God, It's not rocket science Is It ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tude dog

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by tude dog »

Oscar Namechange;1467879 wrote: The way of thinking Is a knee jerk reaction as usual. The cost of slaughtering Badgers In Somerset given the numbers shot, worked out at £3,600 per Badger. The exercise has been deemed a total failure even If the Sabs played no part.

That was bass ackwards.

The way we take care of badgers here is trapping and selling the pelts.

Badger Top_Prices

Carcass Unskinned Top_Prices

Skinned Top_Prices

Select Finished Comments

Heavy $ 12 $ 12 $ 12 N/A

Semi-heavy $ 8 $ 8 $ 8 N/A

Southern $ 0 $ 0 $ 1 N/A

KanOkla Fur Company

State makes money selling licenses, Resident Furharvester: $20.50-Nonresident Furharvester: $252.50. Harvester makes money and somebody gets a pelt to sell or use.

Creating jobs and tax revenue for the state and local communities.

System works for all kinds of pests.

WIN WIN WIN all around.:D
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

tude dog;1467906 wrote: That was bass ackwards.

The way we take care of badgers here is trapping and selling the pelts.

Badger Top_Prices

Carcass Unskinned Top_Prices

Skinned Top_Prices

Select Finished Comments

Heavy $ 12 $ 12 $ 12 N/A

Semi-heavy $ 8 $ 8 $ 8 N/A

Southern $ 0 $ 0 $ 1 N/A

KanOkla Fur Company

State makes money selling licenses, Resident Furharvester: $20.50-Nonresident Furharvester: $252.50. Harvester makes money and somebody gets a pelt to sell or use.

Creating jobs and tax revenue for the state and local communities.

System works for all kinds of pests.

WIN WIN WIN all around.:D

Even though you're a hunter and I am a protector, I respect your opinion.

The difference between your system and ours, Is that you have an end result and even as an animal rights activist, I get that. Yet, just shooting an animal to appease residents who have created the filthy hole that they are attracted to In the first place, makes no sense. It's nothing more than appeasement when the authorities should be fining the residents for creating the s.hit hole In the first place.

We don't use their pelts nor do we eat them.

"The English country gentleman galloping after a fox - the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible."

Oscar Wilde

Amen
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

Right... I am now on a mission.

I have phoned Wandsworth Council In the hope they would listen to someone who knows about Fox activity and Interaction. They don't want to speak to me and listen. All I wanted to do was explain that for every dead Fox, a newly ousted young cub will move In on the territory as they did within 4 days after the cull In 1940.

Nothing for It now... I've called In the troops... Demo coming at the council offices... bring It on
Victoria

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by Victoria »

Mum lives in wandsworth...

Talking to the council is worse than beating your head against a brick wall. Her area is now full of forgien students. Time after time she has had to call the police because the students are having all night parties, fights , stabbings,robberies etc they leave baths and sinks to overflow and mum has been flooded several times from the flat above. Her once lovely street now has residents who throw bags over rubbish over the upstairs balcony into the grass below. Complaints to wandsworth council are a waste of time because they do nothing.

Its not the foxes that are the problem, its years of council cuts in caretaking and cleaning and residents who seem unable to behave in a civilised manner. Any cull should begin with local council managers and carry on to antisocial residents. The area mum lives in which used to be a town planners pearl is now a slum and that is 100% the fault of humans..
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

Victoria;1467950 wrote: Mum lives in wandsworth...

Talking to the council is worse than beating your head against a brick wall. Her area is now full of forgien students. Time after time she has had to call the police because the students are having all night parties, fights , stabbings,robberies etc they leave baths and sinks to overflow and mum has been flooded several times from the flat above. Her once lovely street now has residents who throw bags over rubbish over the upstairs balcony into the grass below. Complaints to wandsworth council are a waste of time because they do nothing.

Its not the foxes that are the problem, its years of council cuts in caretaking and cleaning and residents who seem unable to behave in a civilised manner. Any cull should begin with local council managers and carry on to antisocial residents. The area mum lives in which used to be a town planners pearl is now a slum and that is 100% the fault of humans..

Thank you for your honest reply Victoria.

Your Mum has my deepest sympathy.

We have family In London and we go through Wandsworth on our travels. I totally agree with you, It has become a slum.

My council In South Gloucester are Nazi's when It comes to waste. If I left one black sack outside my house for 3 days, I'd be fined. Yet, then, we have a brilliant Tip where you can dump anything, free of charge. Fly tippers are heavily prosecuted also.

As for blaming the Foxes, the RSPCA carried out an Investigation some years ago when residents were complaining,. They Installed camera's In one street for weeks and the evidence showed, the main culprits of ripping black bags open, was In fact, cats.

All I wanted to do was hopefully, talk to someone at Wandsworth Council and explain culling would have no effect. I don't know It all, but I have had a life time of sabbing and studying their behaviour and life cycles along with years of Interacting with them In rescue. I've extensively researched Vulpes Vulpes also but I tried again today and no-one will speak to me.

I messaged Brian May last night after he was so active In our Somerset Badger Culls and If Wandsworth won't speak to us, then bring It on, they're going to have a Demo on their council offices.

Wandsworth Is filthy. We have Urban Foxes here that we feed and not one bag gets ripped open or pet rabbit In a garden bothered. The staple diet of Fox Is earth worms. In built up area's where they can not dig, the second staple diet Is rodents. It's the filth In Wandsworth that attracts rats and Mice and naturally, the Foxes will go after them.

Clean up the Borough and you won't see many Foxes because Mother Nature will not allow population to outweigh food source.
Peter Lake

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by Peter Lake »

Oscar Namechange;1467934 wrote: Right... I am now on a mission.

Nothing for It now... I've called In the troops... Demo coming at the council offices... bring It on

Oh god.
FourPart

Errrrrr I don't think so

Post by FourPart »

Peter Lake;1467972 wrote: Oh god.
Women, eh?

You might consider one of there...

Scold's bridle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

At last I have got somewhere.

After getting the run around by a switchboard operator **** for two days who guarded the Pest control department like some hag round a couldren, refusing to let me speak to someone or get them to phone me back, all she kept repeating was ' phone the press department'. It was only when I threatened a demo that I was put through.

No-one at the press department wanted to speak to me either for two days but this morning I finally got through to the head of pest control and he afforded me a long chat on the phone.

The upshot Is, they are as appalled at the article as I was. Residents were complaining about the Urban Foxes and rang Wandsworth Council for a statement. They gave a statement saying residents could go to their website for advice on how to deter them and this was advice on cleaning up their waste and mess. Yet, typical of gutter press and pro hunt lobby, they took the part that was advised to Farmers from other websites and to get a story, they printed that residents In Wandsworth could shoot them also.

This Is not the case. As he said, Wandsworth Is so built up that If someone did take aim, they will shoot through someone's window and take out a neighbour.

They recognise the problem Is food waste and the Foxes are after the rodents more than the waste.

He claims that wheelie bins are Impossible In some area's as there Is not enough pavement space for them.
Oscar Namechange

Errrrrr I don't think so

So now the gutter press claim It Is Wandsworth Council who have backed down. That's not what I was told.

Wouldn't It be lovely to think that my threat of a mass demo on their doorstep and complaint to the press complaints commission caused this ?

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson- ... igned=true

Return to “Current Events”