Your latest download...and mine

theia

Post by theia »

Maddy Prior and The Carnival Band - He who would true valour see.

Wonderful :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

theia;1467715 wrote: Maddy Prior and The Carnival Band - He who would true valour see.

Wonderful :-6
And what a national treasure she's been over the years. I confess I've never seen The Carnival Band on stage, I'm not sure why.

Downloads... I really can't remember when last I downloaded any music, I buy CDs and rip them to carry round on my phone. I did download a couple of films this week though, and very much enjoyed watching them. Two versions of A Christmas Carol, to see what Patrick Stewart made of the role I associate with Alastair Sim, and he toned it down admirably - he's the first Ebenezer Scrooge I've seen who showed a rational and less manic element throughout. And the amazing 1945 Ealing Horror film, Dead of Night, which has a number of short stories intertwined, the most memorable being Michael Redgrave's performance as a ventriloquist in an unhealthy relationship. It's a very long time since I last saw it but it stands up perfectly well to the passage of time.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
theia

Post by theia »

FG, it's such an earthy, bold rendition of one of my favourite hymns.

I don't download many tunes, partly because my iPhone, iPod and iPad don't seem to link with one another and iTunes won't work for me on my main computer (yes, of course it's ME...I wouldn't pretend otherwise.)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

theia;1467737 wrote: FG, it's such an earthy, bold rendition of one of my favourite hymns.
And they stick to the wording from the Pilgrim's Progress, I notice. It was shockingly bowdlerized a hundred years ago but at least we Methodists kept the shock of the original all through the years. It's difficult to imagine the words to a different tune but the words were only set to it in the last century, I've no idea what Bunyan would have had in mind at the time.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
theia

Post by theia »

FG;1467741 wrote: And they stick to the wording from the Pilgrim's Progress, I notice. It was shockingly bowdlerized a hundred years ago but at least we Methodists kept the shock of the original all through the years. It's difficult to imagine the words to a different tune but the words were only set to it in the last century, I've no idea what Bunyan would have had in mind at the time.

We always sang Bunyan's wording at school. So I was quite shocked when I looked up the lyrics online and didn't recognise them. I thought it was yet another memory fail for me until I came across the original.

Return to “General Music”