is becoming a court reporter in my mid-50's a bad idea

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Kathysusan

Post by Kathysusan »

Hi, just need some feedback from current court reporters. I am an empty nester as of this year and am looking for something to fill my time.

Years ago I was interested in court reporting but never pursued it. I remember at that time I was told the machine was expensive.

Is it worth doing something like this at my age ?
FG-administator

Post by FG-administator »

If you can get work with it, the machine will pay itself off quite quickly. If it were me I'd check first that there's a local market you can fit into before buying it and training yourself.

You might like to compare the pros and cons mentioned by Val and Patty in http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/elect ... anted.html and http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/work- ... rting.html

Do let us know which machine you're considering and how the prospect pans out.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathysusan;1467685 wrote: Hi, just need some feedback from current court reporters. I am an empty nester as of this year and am looking for something to fill my time.

Years ago I was interested in court reporting but never pursued it. I remember at that time I was told the machine was expensive.

Is it worth doing something like this at my age ? I always admire anyone who follows a new path. If It's something you have always wanted to do, then follow your heart. The fact that you are still thinking about doing It, should tell you that this role Is meant for you.

Very best of luck.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Work Employment”