foodworldnews.com

FG-administator

foodworldnews.com

Post by FG-administator »

I'm puzzled by a website, maybe some of you can offer potential answers.

The site is foodworldnews.com

The writing style is, at a guess, Asian. The site has the feel of something out of either the Philippines or Singapore but that's subjective opinion on my part. It's registered through a US cut-out PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC to prevent the ownership from being easily established. It has an About Us page which is utterly uninformative.

The oddest thing is inserted into its Terms and Conditions...This Site is offered and made available only to users 13 years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions ("U.S.") and certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration and newsletter signups) may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. If you are not yet 13 years old or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site immediately or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age or other required greater age for certain features and meet any other eligibility and residency requirements of the Site.

Food World News

I'll make no comment on the quality of the articles but I'm bemused by the conditions they're trying to force on people with browsers. Is this a trend, or simple prattishness. or what?

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Bryn Mawr

foodworldnews.com

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FG;1467585 wrote: I'm puzzled by a website, maybe some of you can offer potential answers.

The site is foodworldnews.com

The writing style is, at a guess, Asian. The site has the feel of something out of either the Philippines or Singapore but that's subjective opinion on my part. It's registered through a US cut-out PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC to prevent the ownership from being easily established. It has an About Us page which is utterly uninformative.

The oddest thing is inserted into its Terms and Conditions...This Site is offered and made available only to users 13 years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions ("U.S.") and certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration and newsletter signups) may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. If you are not yet 13 years old or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site immediately or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least 13 years of age or other required greater age for certain features and meet any other eligibility and residency requirements of the Site.

Food World News

I'll make no comment on the quality of the articles but I'm bemused by the conditions they're trying to force on people with browsers. Is this a trend, or simple prattishness. or what?

If they were serious about the location part then surely they'd put in an IP Address check in the same way as the BBC do to protect their licensing agreements.
LarsMac

foodworldnews.com

Post by LarsMac »

Interesting site, indeed.

The language is puzzling.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
FG-administator

foodworldnews.com

Okay... there's a cluster of websites listed from the same holding office, by the look of it, of which this is just one. I wonder what the full set would have in common beside ownership.

If you click to the homepage of each they all have the same weird layout, the same non-US capitalization, the same lack of native-speaker fluency. The registrar, Perfect Privacy, may or may not be big, but all these sites claiming one physical address and the same registrar? They're under a common admin, that's my interpretation.

The holding-office location is 33 Whitehall St. 7th Floor , New York, New York 10004.

Food World News Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

Gamenguide Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

ENSTARZ Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

Headlines & Global News Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

:: 33 Networks :: Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

Science World Report Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

TravelersToday.com - Get Latest Travel News, Guides and Tips Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

University Herald Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

Music Times Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC

- and the address is shared with LaBranche Financial Services, LLC and INTERRELATE GROUP - Commercial Real Estate Services (Registrant Name also PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC)

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

foodworldnews.com

Post by Bruv »

Have you got too much time on your hands ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FG-administator

foodworldnews.com

Bruv;1467609 wrote: Have you got too much time on your hands ?
Lordy no, I'm solidly balls-to-the-grindstone and just occasionally ripping the tab off a Pepsi Max out the fridge and taking five at my screen. There was a definite physical sense of pain associated with writing that sentence, I'm not sure why I did it.

It's a puzzle, I wondered who could contribute to my understanding.

☎|||||||||||

Bruv

foodworldnews.com

Post by Bruv »

I feel your pain too, thought you were on something.

Have you considered they are not related but just a collection of foreign built sites, a port folio sort of thing.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
FG-administator

foodworldnews.com

Bruv;1467612 wrote: I feel your pain too, thought you were on something.

Have you considered they are not related but just a collection of foreign built sites, a port folio sort of thing.

That would mean the staff writers would be different. These sites all feel as though they're skim-edited with minimal human intervention from hundreds of newspapers and auto-formatted into a house style which happens to include this bizarre capitalization. I've only posted ten or so, there may well be hundreds in the same pack of sites.

☎|||||||||||

LarsMac

foodworldnews.com

Post by LarsMac »

I think I will turn on Wireshark before my next visit just to see what kind of stuff they might be running behind the scenes.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Societal Issues News”