Calling American members. Is this true ?

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

For some reason, I just don't believe sources I am seeing.

Can any of you offer If this Is true or not?

Georgia: Bill to Replace Electric Chair With Guillotine | Prophecy

Fact Check: Did Georgia Pass A Law Allowing Guillotines To Be Used For Executions? « Irregular Times
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Getting ready for when BNP sweep to power ?

Got to be more humane than iffy medication or dodgy electrics.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1463232 wrote: Getting ready for when BNP sweep to power ?

Got to be more humane than iffy medication or dodgy electrics.

Now you're just being silly.

Everyone know the BNP want public hangings :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

I'll wait to see If anyone knows this Is true or not.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I seem to remember this story doing the rounds a while ago and it was a myth then so I reckon its a myth now.

The regular press would sniffed it out by now if there was any truth in it. There would have been at least something out there
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1463235 wrote: I seem to remember this story doing the rounds a while ago and it was a myth then so I reckon its a myth now.

The regular press would sniffed it out by now if there was any truth in it. There would have been at least something out there That's my logic also but I just want to know for sure.

I saw an article some time ago that the USA had ordered Gillo's
theia

Post by theia »

Guillotine or gallows, I bet there would be crowds wanting to watch, as in the old days. Though I suppose internet viewing would save travelling.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Oscar Namechange

theia;1463241 wrote: Guillotine or gallows, I bet there would be crowds wanting to watch, as in the old days. Though I suppose internet viewing would save travelling.

Most States of America have audiences to watch the lethal Injection. Victims get Invited.

I've watched some on Sky but then, having watched beheadings In Iraq recently, America seems positively civilised.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

I've always favored hanging or any other "humane" means where the murderer suffers at least just a bit.

Georgia death penalty provision sees new challenge

A Georgia death row inmate on Friday filed a new challenge to the state’s requirement for defendants to prove intellectual disability beyond a reasonable doubt to be spared execution on those grounds.

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

The guillotine may be messy, but it's quick, reliable & cheap, as well as having the benefits previously specified.

Perhaps the condemned could be given the option of the method which they would prefer?
Oscar Namechange

tude dog;1463244 wrote: I've always favored hanging or any other "humane" means where the murderer suffers at least just a bit.

Georgia death penalty provision sees new challenge

So what's he saying Tude?

Is he saying that Intellectual disability excuses them from execution?

ie... If they are below average Intelligence, they are excused. Or am I being thick here?
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1463246 wrote: So what's he saying Tude?

ie... If they are below average Intelligence, they are excused. Or am I being thick here?
You're excused.

Yes, that is the case. If they can be proved to have an IQ below a certain level, then they're exempt from Capital Punishment. However, this always seems to me to be a bit of a Catch 22 situation. If they don't challenge it, they get executed. If they do challenge it, they have demonstrated intelligence & can be executed.
Oscar Namechange

FourPart;1463247 wrote: You're excused.

Yes, that is the case. If they can be proved to have an IQ below a certain level, then they're exempt from Capital Punishment. However, this always seems to me to be a bit of a Catch 22 situation. If they don't challenge it, they get executed. If they do challenge it, they have demonstrated intelligence & can be executed.

And If they are on death row, then they killed, maimed or hurt another human being.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

One could ask if someone whose intelligence level required for execution was really capable of assisting in their own defense in the trial.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Namechange;1463228 wrote: For some reason, I just don't believe sources I am seeing.

Can any of you offer If this Is true or not?

Georgia: Bill to Replace Electric Chair With Guillotine | Prophecy

Fact Check: Did Georgia Pass A Law Allowing Guillotines To Be Used For Executions? � Irregular Times

Well, reading some of the other articles on that first site seemed to answer the basic question.

Were I to be convicted of something dastardly enough to warrant my untimely departure from this world at the hands of the authorities, I think I would prefer something like Madam Guillotine to those drug cocktails they have come up with of late.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

theia;1463241 wrote: Guillotine or gallows, I bet there would be crowds wanting to watch, as in the old days.

Do you really think so? How ghastly!

theia;1463241 wrote: Though I suppose internet viewing would save travelling.

Yes, the Internet would certainly cut costs.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1463250 wrote: And If they are on death row, then they killed, maimed or hurt another human being.

According to the percentages of innocent charged (by way of DNA testing) it is being calculated that upwards of 50% of Death Row inmates didn't do the crime.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1463246 wrote: So what's he saying Tude?

Suffice it to say you are safe.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

FourPart;1463247 wrote: You're excused.

Oh for goodness sake. It is the legal representatives making the challenge, not the inmate.

And NO, there will be no beheadings in American 'justice.' Oscar, I'm surprised you take a "woo-woo" source seriously.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1463267 wrote: According to the percentages of innocent charged (by way of DNA testing) it is being calculated that upwards of 50% of Death Row inmates didn't do the crime.

Proof, please. Some link, something.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1463267 wrote: According to the percentages of innocent charged (by way of DNA testing) it is being calculated that upwards of 50% of Death Row inmates didn't do the crime.

There has been some convictions reversed due to DNA evidence exonerating people previously convicted. However, I would suggest that 50% is extreme.

Having said that, I think just one person being put to death for crimes he/she did not commit is too many.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

AnneBoleyn;1463276 wrote:

And NO, there will be no beheadings in American 'justice.' Oscar, I'm surprised you take a "woo-woo" source seriously.

Posted by Oscar Namechange

Please read my OP again.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I honestly don't understand how we have drugs that put our pets to sleep instantly and painlessly but seem unable to find one for ourselves.
Oscar Namechange

Saint_;1463307 wrote: I honestly don't understand how we have drugs that put our pets to sleep instantly and painlessly but seem unable to find one for ourselves.I think you'll find this vets report of Interest Saint and may answer that question.

Our Pets Are Euthanized Humanely — Why Aren’t Death Row Inmates?

http://www.csg.org/pubs/capitolideas/en ... e65_4.aspx
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1463277 wrote: Proof, please. Some link, something.

I've seen 2 documentary films that say the same thing. I'll try to find at least one of them.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

A method of a "Death Penalty" is decided state by state.

I heard of bringing the guill back for use?

If any one has been back in the hills "Ozark" area well, it's a eye for a eye and it may be a blessing to have the guill. The guill would attract attention like the old days - no doubt in my mind.

If there's a car wreck people stop and nearly create another wreck just to look.

A lethal injection doesn't always work as quickly and painless as described.

I believe a inmate survived @ 2 hours before being announced deceased.

Patsy
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

You are ending another human beings life..............why worry about a few moments of discomfort or even pain.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1463316 wrote: You are ending another human beings life..............why worry about a few moments of discomfort or even pain.

Because the Constitution demands it ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Snowfire;1463317 wrote: Because the Constitution demands it ?

No don't be silly .......that's shooting each other.

(Hope I abort before hitting post......that replies even making me cringe)
Oscar Namechange

I'll probably get grief for this so what the heck.

If I'm up late, I watch a lot of American crime on Sky channels.

I sit and watch and listen to stories of depraved, torture, rape and murder of children, woman and Innocent human beings who just happened to be In the wrong place at the wrong time.

So do I care If they suffer for a few minutes before departing this life? Nope,
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

I also watch a lot of the shows on satellite # 285

I have also experienced enough of pain torture and murder within my own family.

Do I care if "they" suffer before death - NO

and I don't care who jumps my butt for stating the above..

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

Patsy Warnick;1463322 wrote: Oscar

I also watch a lot of the shows on satellite # 285

I have also experienced enough of pain torture and murder within my own family.

Do I care if "they" suffer before death - NO

and I don't care who jumps my butt for stating the above..

Patsy

Me neither Patsy.

My only critisism of the penal system In the USA Is the amount of time they sit on death row, sometimes years, eating and breathing at the tax payers expense.

If we had your system In the UK, I would have started with Sydney Cook, Ian Huntly, The Phillpott's and kept going.

In fact, I'll go one further... Instead of testing on animals, why don't we test on convicted child killers?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Perhaps you two ladies would like to plunge rusty skewers or some non lethal pointed implement into the convicted person so that blood poisoning sets in slowly ?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1463324 wrote: Perhaps you two ladies would like to plunge rusty skewers or some non lethal pointed implement into the convicted person so that blood poisoning sets in slowly ?

Thanks for the Idea. I'll put that to the Chairman when I see him :rolleyes:

Now you're being childish.

Let's throw this back to you then?

What exactly do you do with a person who has committed crimes of the most depraved nature, Is so dangerous, he can never be let loose In society ever again ... what do you suggest ? Basket weaving classes? A stress ball In his cell ? Therapy ?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Namechange;1463327 wrote:

What exactly do you do with a person who has committed crimes of the most depraved nature, Is so dangerous, he can never be let loose In society ever again ... what do you suggest ?

Brainwipe. Limited Lobotomy.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1463327 wrote: Thanks for the Idea. I'll put that to the Chairman when I see him :rolleyes:

Now you're being childish.

Let's throw this back to you then?

What exactly do you do with a person who has committed crimes of the most depraved nature, Is so dangerous, he can never be let loose In society ever again ... what do you suggest ? Basket weaving classes? A stress ball In his cell ? Therapy ?

Who is being childish, me or you ?

My opinion on the taking of another human beings life is that, if it's wrong for the murderer it is wrong for the authorities.

Lock em up for life, I will pay the bill.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1463331 wrote: Who is being childish, me or you ?

My opinion on the taking of another human beings life is that, if it's wrong for the murderer it is wrong for the authorities.

Lock em up for life, I will pay the bill.

Have you ever had a child, raped, tortured and murdered ?

It's all very easy to play at being nice but until you have ever had the misfortune to be In that position, then we can only Image.

A few years ago, I had the misfortune to sit through a murder trial.

It got to the day, when photographs In graphic detail of the victim's Injuries were shown to the court and Jury. The Injuries were described by the prosecution as being on par with a car crash victim at high speed wearing no seat belt.

In the public gallery sat the victims Father. I looked at his face. The only way I could ever describe that look was to say ' Haunted'.

From the safety of our own homes, It's not that easy until you have ever been In that position.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

And that is why we entrust justice to a jury and don't hand over the criminal to the victims family.

Killing is wrong......unless the Law does it.

Discuss
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Oscar

I'm all for testing on death row inmates. I don't suppose the UK has this option - here in the U.S. you get paid good money for donating your body to experimental drugs - so some people would be out a income.:-2

I have a ex-sister-in-law I'd watch on the guill today.

Bruv

And until you do experience a horrible harm or a brutal killing in your Family - well maybe you can understand my bitterness.

Blood poisoning would be too slow for me.

Patsy
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's all very well to suggest that innocents are being executed unjustly. Of course, there is that probability. However, due to the increased level of forensic science that probability is getting smaller all the time.

Now take the other side of the coin. If there is that "shadow of doubt", is letting one serial murderer / paedophile / rapist, etc. back on the streets one too many as well, even if they are known to have a previous record?
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1463337 wrote: And that is why we entrust justice to a jury and don't hand over the criminal to the victims family.

Killing is wrong......unless the Law does it.

DiscussWhere did I say anything about hading criminals over to the victims family ?

You're twisting my words.

Families of murdered loved one's need closure and I am saying unless you have ever walked a mile In their shoe's, you can not possibly understand. Even I can't because no-one In my family has been murdered.

I don't buy all this softly softly approach If the killer Is below a certain Intelligence. I have a neice who's thick as pig shyte but she's kind to others and knows right from wrong.

It's just more claptrap from the Liberal hand wringing Lefties who probably have the luxury of tucking all their children up safely In bed at night.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Fourpart

Previous record of the same crime?

Patsy
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

On almost everything, I'm very liberal. Live and let live. But paradoxically, I am for the death penalty in the most extreme cases. We put down incurable rabid dogs for the safety of the whole community. There are human beings who are incurable rabid dogs.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Namechange;1463341 wrote: Where did I say anything about hading criminals over to the victims family ?

You're twisting my words.

Families of murdered loved one's need closure and I am saying unless you have ever walked a mile In their shoe's, you can not possibly understand. Even I can't because no-one In my family has been murdered.

I don't buy all this softly softly approach If the killer Is below a certain Intelligence. I have a neice who's thick as pig shyte but she's kind to others and knows right from wrong.

It's just more claptrap from the Liberal hand wringing Lefties who probably have the luxury of tucking all their children up safely In bed at night.

All people need closure when death touches them.

Most people of my age have been touched by death of a loved one.

My philosophy is that there are two events of value in a persons life, birth and death, all the rest is incidental..... overly blaise perhaps ?
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Fourpart

You coin flip is too vague for me.

besides there are plenty & plenty "Shadow of Doubt" out walking around now.

Patsy
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I believe some States allow the Jury to define sentence. Perhaps this is the best solution all round, as it counters the possibility of a too harsh or too lenient judge. However, once the Jury have reached a verdict they should be made aware of any previous convictions before determining sentence.
Oscar Namechange

I've also seen cases of where criminals have been released, only to go straight back out and kill another Innocent again.

In this day and age, with the advancements In DNA profiling, they can be sure. I do agree that In cases of doubt, then Imprisonment until that doubt has been proved either way.

I was watching very recently the advancements In DNA. Where they needed half a spoon of blood before to get a profile, now they need not even a speck, just a presence of body fluid. They can now get DNA from the victims skin.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Oscar Namechange;1463353 wrote: I've also seen cases of where criminals have been released, only to go straight back out and kill another Innocent again.

In this day and age, with the advancements In DNA profiling, they can be sure. I do agree that In cases of doubt, then Imprisonment until that doubt has been proved either way.

I was watching very recently the advancements In DNA. Where they needed half a spoon of blood before to get a profile, now they need not even a speck, just a presence of body fluid. They can now get DNA from the victims skin.
Don't forget they got the kid who nicked Da Beasty on DNA evidence taken from where he had hot wired it. No blood - just the evidence of his having touched it.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Oscar Namechange;1463287 wrote: Posted by Oscar Namechange

Please read my OP again.

OOPS! There I go again! Apologies Madame!
Oscar Namechange

AnneBoleyn;1463356 wrote: OOPS! There I go again! Apologies Madame!

No worries Anne.

Fourply.... Yes, saw that.... they can now get a DNA profile from sweat from your fingers on any Inanimate object.... that's just a trace of sweat. You don't have to have sweated like a glassblowers arsse while carrying out the crime.

Have you seen the latest ???? Actual facial recognition profile from a bead of DNA
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

So no good for a driveby shooting with no gun then ?

Return to “Social Human Rights”