Where do we put our stuff?

Lon

Post by Lon »

having just downsized from a 2,000 square ft home to a two bedroom apartment made me think of this You Tube Video classic by one of my favorite comedians George Carlin

:wah:
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Downsizing is hard work. How are you adjusting to the smaller place?
Lon

Post by Lon »

:wah:You are so right. It is hard work. Lots of stuff given to friends and family since there is really no market for used stuff. I like the new diggs quite well. Age restricted community with large swimming pool, fitness center, business center, activitiesgalore.very close to good shopping, eateries, entertainment. This is the last move before Assisted Living.:wah:
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I'm glad the new place is working out for you.

It took me about a year of spare time just to downsize my music collection. I had more than 250 vinyl albums, lots of CDs, turntables, high end audio equipment, etc. I had resisted going digital until my doctor did a test on my hearing that basically showed me that I could no longer hear the difference between my high end stuff playing vinyl and a good quality mp3. That was almost a relief! Then I could go through the process of capturing my music into a digital library and make it portable.

Books were another big issue, since they consumed a large room of shelving.

I gave away most of the rest.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Wandrin

It took me some time to part with my music collection.

My Nephew has been in a band for years - I finally gave him everything.

I have several collections I've sold to dealers I've dealt with for years.

So, I figures I've down sized. ( for now )

We bought a 2-bed 2-bath home @ 1200 sq. ft. it's a rntal now - We will eventually move into after I continue to down size...:wah:

It's tough to part with a life of memories

George Carlin @ stuff has always been my favorite - too funny..:yh_rotfl

Patsy
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Funny how "stuff" accumulates over the years.

we went from a small (very small) 2 bed flat to a 4 bed house (approx 1084 sq ft)

we didn't have much to fill the house with, but now im frightened to open a cupboard!

we are finding we have a lack of space, or should I say: we have too much "stuff".

time for a clean out I think :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The very best of wishes In your new home Lon.

We went through this some years ago when Illness with both of us saw us downsize to a bungalow. Although the rooms are very big, we were like you with where do we put everything. Worse, was my parents had died and we'd Inherited their stuff followed by my MIL passing and Inheriting her stuff. Then the house we moved to needed major work which took a few years to complete. New bathroom, kitchen, re-wiring, new flooring, re-plumbing, the lot.

We ended up with everything In storage for a few years until finally It was done. It was a nightmare few years

Now, I'm In the process of decorating the entire house.... here we go again !
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”