Have you been ?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Just been and plonked my cross on the ballot sheet.

Living next door to the Polling Station, I can report a steady trickle which will probably Increase when people finish work.

Just had a set to with some dozy bird who thought because she was voting, she could park her car In my private drive.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Have your been ?

I have been and put my cross, somewhere I have never put it before.

Bet I know where yours went, mine didn't.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455037 wrote: Have your been ?

I have been and put my cross, somewhere I have never put it before.

Bet I know where yours went, mine didn't.

If you bet you know where mine went and you're wrong, then yours may not have gone where mine didn't but not where you didn't want to put yours unless you're right and yours went where you wanted It to.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

I don't mind saying, as a protest rather waste my vote or spoil the paper........ this time I went Green.

I haven't adopted the smug look yet.......it might happen soon though.
gmc

Have you been ?

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1455042 wrote: I don't mind saying, as a protest rather waste my vote or spoil the paper........ this time I went Green.

I haven't adopted the smug look yet.......it might happen soon though.

So did I. I refuse to vote libdem again. tory and labour are a bunch of crooks and I'm not sure about the SNP. The christan coalition fell apart after the catholics refused to stand at the door as the protestants and the wee frees thought standing in the rain would be too much fun and wen home in protest.
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Bugger me......we will have wind farms everywhere.
LarsMac

Have you been ?

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1455069 wrote: Bugger me......we will have wind farms everywhere.

With all the hot air, that can't be a bad thing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Don't know why they have elections, they just should use the public opinion polls and save us all having to go out in the rain.

Labour councilors Up

Tories Down

LibDems Down

UKIP Up

Think BNP have disappeared without trace?
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455114 wrote:

Think BNP have disappeared without trace? You wish :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Have you been ?

Post by G#Gill »

I think the BNP have obtained far too much iffy baggage over time, to ever be able to persuade most people that they are a viable party to vote for. Also their so-called titular head has made too many mistakes and said too much that is far too controversial. If they removed NG from his present position and replaced him with somebody with a lot more nouse and common sense and a lot less 'putting foot-in-mouth' diseaase, then maybe more people would treat the BNP a little more seriously. Unfortunately there will always be the memory of association with the National Front and it's thoroughly undesirable racist inclinations, however hard the BNP protest that they are totally divorced from this particular association ! I have a feeling that the BNP is now a spent force. They have tried to make an impact on British politics and for various reasons have failed, where possibly UKIP are making strides forward.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455117 wrote: You wish :yh_rotfl

I don't have to wish.........not with Nick in charge.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455121 wrote: I don't have to wish.........not with Nick in charge. What gets me when folks like you, swop from one Party to the next, Is where Is the courage of your convictions?
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455114 wrote:

Think BNP have disappeared without trace? One of the first results In... You were saying ????

Breaking news. Stunning BNP victory in the most intensely contested election in the country. | National News | British National Party
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455124 wrote: What gets me when folks like you, swop from one Party to the next, Is where Is the courage of your convictions?

Tactical voting?

What gets me about folks like you, the willingness to accept the unacceptable in exchange for a few items with which you agree.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455127 wrote: Tactical voting?

What gets me about folks like you, the willingness to accept the unacceptable in exchange for a few items with which you agree. Better the totalitarian dictator you know than vote for someone you ' hope ' will change the present failure.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Britain turns to the ' racist' Far Right.

Results so far In... UKIP take over 140

'The Ukip fox is in the Westminster hen house': Jubilant Farage taunts Cameron, Clegg and Miliband after his party takes council seats from Tories in the south and Labour heartlands in the north | Mail Online
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Deputy PM Nick Clegg reflected on a "mixed night" after his party suffered big losses in council elections.

The Lib Dem leader said he would not be resigning and said a "very strong anti-politics mood" was behind the results.

With 142 councils declared, his party had lost more than a third of the seats it was defending, down 257 councillors.

BBC News - Nick Clegg: I won't resign despite election losses

A strong Anti- politics mood ? I think you'll find that's a strong anti- you vote.... Shut the door on your way out Clegg and turn the lights off.
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Labour is the largest winner.

UKIP are not in control of any councils.

BNP Councilors are down.

Mid term results are invariably protest votes.

The Latest Results
LarsMac

Have you been ?

Post by LarsMac »

So do you get data on voter turnout for these elections?
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Have you been ?

Post by G#Gill »

Oscar Sellotape;1455126 wrote: One of the first results In... You were saying ????

Breaking news. Stunning BNP victory in the most intensely contested election in the country. | National News | British National Party

But that is only one councillor ! :-2
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

LarsMac;1455140 wrote: So do you get data on voter turnout for these elections? It's abit early yet Lars but Yes, we will get turn out stats shortly.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

G#Gill;1455141 wrote: But that is only one councillor ! :-2 It's not a competition Gill. Frankly, we don't give a FF. UKIP has the same policies as the BNP and I recognise many ex BNP members who have stood for UKIP this time around because they believe they have a better chance of being returned.

There's nothing wrong In that. The main Issue Is that Britain has turned to the Far Right whatever name It goes under. The Issue Is to get your policies Implemented and people who think the way you think, Into Parliament. It's not about personalities. No-one should be voting on personality.

What these gains to UKIP do show Is that country Is turning... that's the Important thing.

We haven't any Euro MP's declared yet.. that will come Sunday.

As an example...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... lal-banned
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455144 wrote: It's not a competition Gill. Frankly, we don't give a FF. Yes it is a competition, what else would you call it?UKIP has the same policies as the BNP and I recognise many ex BNP members who have stood for UKIP this time around because they believe they have a better chance of being returned.Where are the principles you spoke of earlier ?

There's nothing wrong In that. The main Issue Is that Britain has turned to the Far Right whatever name It goes under. The Issue Is to get your policies Implemented and people who think the way you think, Into Parliament. It's not about personalities. No-one should be voting on personality.

What these gains to UKIP do show Is that country Is turning... that's the Important thing.

We haven't any Euro MP's declared yet.. that will come Sunday.

Britain has NOT turned to the far right, a small percentage of local councils have a larger proportion of UKIP councilors, there are NO UKIP MP's elected as far as I know.

This has to be replicated in the next General Election......
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455150 wrote: Yes it is a competition, what else would you call it?Where are the principles you spoke of earlier ?

Britain has NOT turned to the far right, a small percentage of local councils have a larger proportion of UKIP councilors, there are NO UKIP MP's elected as far as I know.

This has to be replicated in the next General Election......

Of course there are no UKIP MEP's elected...EU seats are not declared yet and all results won't be known until Sunday or later. Yet the Gains In UKIP Council's are an Indication. We'll see.
Snowfire

Have you been ?

Post by Snowfire »

I like what Oliver Duff, in the i newspaper said today

Guessing election results is foolish, since every party spends the days before a poll trying to lower expectations, briefing journalists that they expect to lose big. We can be fairly confident, though, that the British National Party is about to be voted out of office and lose its seat in the European Parliament.

More of his short editorial here....

i Newspaper | News | UK and Worldwide News | Newspaper

Made me chuckle
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Snowfire;1455152 wrote: I like what Oliver Duff, in the i newspaper said today

Made me chuckle Why are they omitting the other BNP MEP Andre Brons? Although he did resign.. It was still a second seat.
Snowfire

Have you been ?

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar Sellotape;1455153 wrote: Why are they omitting the other BNP MEP Andre Brons? Although he did resign.. It was still a second seat.

He can't be a BNP MEP if he resigned from the BNP

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Need confirmation but I have It on good authority

Humiliation for George Galloway as his Respect Party lose all their seats they previously held on Bradford Council.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Snowfire;1455154 wrote: He can't be a BNP MEP if he resigned from the BNP True.

Still... there Is a god.

Confirmed

Labour gains control of Bradford as Respect fails | UK news | theguardian.com
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455151 wrote: Of course there are no UKIP MEP's elected...EU seats are not declared yet and all results won't be known until Sunday or later. Yet the Gains In UKIP Council's are an Indication. We'll see.

I said MP's........ No UKIP MP's ..........so no policy changes other than what day of the week the bins are emptied.

Strange that the anti EU UKIP will probably return several MEP's, more pigs around the trough?

Along side the nationalist Brit rubbing shoulders with all those foriegners at the cash tills
fuzzywuzzy

Have you been ?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

So? who won? and could someone explain all these parties?
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

fuzzywuzzy;1455179 wrote: So? who won? and could someone explain all these parties? Well, so far, we've only had the Council seat results so far.

The Euro MEP's will be announced Sunday.

Conservative's...Bloodbath

Liberal Democrat's.... Bloodbath

Labour... Gains

UKIP ... Gains

BNP..... Losses

Only 36 % Turn out.
Snowfire

Have you been ?

Post by Snowfire »

Snowfire;1455152 wrote: I like what Oliver Duff, in the i newspaper said today

Made me chuckle

In Mr Griffin’s case, biologists finally learn that evolution can reverse direction. The rest of us – and British politics – move on.

:wah:

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Snowfire;1455232 wrote: :wah: I wouldn't be surprised If UKIP see him lose his seat... they are the new kids on the block now.
fuzzywuzzy

Have you been ?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oscar Sellotape;1455183 wrote: Well, so far, we've only had the Council seat results so far.

The Euro MEP's will be announced Sunday.

Conservative's...Bloodbath

Liberal Democrat's.... Bloodbath

Labour... Gains

UKIP ... Gains

BNP..... Losses

Only 36 % Turn out.

Don't you have to vote in England?
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1455238 wrote: Don't you have to vote in England?

By Law do you mean?

No.
fuzzywuzzy

Have you been ?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

**** I did not know that . Voting is compulsory here. Well I get away with it because back in the olden days it wasn't illegal 'not to register' but that's all changed.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

36 % Turn out... Disgusting !!!

Of course when Farage has stopped welfare cheques to women, they'll all be moaning....
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455274 wrote: 36 % Turn out... Disgusting !!!

Of course when Farage has stopped welfare cheques to women, they'll all be moaning....

I have more chance of being PM
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455282 wrote: I have more chance of being PM One word..... Coalition
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455283 wrote: One word..... Coalition
One word.......no chance.......ok two words.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455287 wrote: One word.......no chance.......ok two words. You reckon ?????

Cameron under pressure to strike deal with Ukip as jubilant Farage boasts 'we're heading for Euro triumph' | Mail Online
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

Oscar Sellotape;1455290 wrote: You reckon ?????

Cameron under pressure to strike deal with Ukip as jubilant Farage boasts 'we're heading for Euro triumph' | Mail Online

The Daily Mail reports Farage boasts Euro Triumph ?

What has that to do with a General Election that is nearly a year away, and the timing of which is determined by the party in power?
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455301 wrote: The Daily Mail reports Farage boasts Euro Triumph ?

What has that to do with a General Election that is nearly a year away, and the timing of which is determined by the party in power? So you think Cameron's aides advising him he may need to seek a UKIP coalition next year has nothing to do with It ?

Do you think those aides are saying ' don't worry Dave, It's a year away and no-one will remember or UKIP will lose their popularity by then'

Or do you think his aides know that as an Indication of how a GE will go In a years time, The Tories haven't a hope In hell of a clear majority and are panicking right now?
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

How come you have all the inside knowledge of both BNP and Conservatives inner sanctum?

In the mean time George Osborne denies any talk of coalition.......BBC News Today.

Wait a week or two and a scandal or two either side and things might change massively.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Bruv;1455313 wrote: How come you have all the inside knowledge of both BNP and Conservatives inner sanctum?

In the mean time George Osborne denies any talk of coalition.......BBC News Today.

Wait a week or two and a scandal or two either side and things might change massively.

He won't be saying that In a years time If UKIP announce gains In MEP's.... of course he won't be saying that now... the results are not In yet.... and why would they admit It and risk losing Tory Voters?
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Oh Dear... I could almost laugh out loud.

Nigel Farage reveals he'll quit politics once he's got the UK out of the EU | Mail Online
LarsMac

Have you been ?

Post by LarsMac »

Oscar Sellotape;1455126 wrote: One of the first results In... You were saying ????

So they get to keep one seat, and call that a "Stunning victory" ?
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Have you been ?

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1455458 wrote: So they get to keep one seat, and call that a "Stunning victory" ?

Our resident Political Pundit is away right now, but her favoured party the BNP have been labouring under a leader out of touch with the times.

Meanwhile a new kid on the block has honed in on the general discontent throughout the country with our involvement with the European Union.

We joined that club The European Common Market some years ago as a Trading group of nations, but over time it has evolved into a grouping of countries with the intention of finally becoming a single unit similar to the United States of America, with a single currency and a federal government, and it's name changed to the European Union.

The BNP rose rapidly, but it had been formed from the remnants of a racist party, and so the relatively easy going Brits rejected them, to be replaced by the covertly racially motivated, but electorally intelligent UKIP or United Kingdom Independance Party, wanting independance from the EU.

UKIP have this weekend, swept the board in the UK European elections, joining a massive European swing to the right.

When we say right wing in Europe, remember Hitler and Mussolini were that way inclined.

So for a continent that is struggling with immigration from many of the constituent countries former colonies and internal movement from member countries, plus the ongoing financial crisis affecting each country differently.......times are difficult.
Oscar Namechange

Have you been ?

Yes, Nick Griffin has lost his seat and the BNP have made losses. Maybe now he'll concentrate on being the Chairman.

Nick Griffin concedes European parliament seat as BNP votes fall away | Politics | The Guardian

MEP Results In so far...Gains For UKIP..... who Nick Is now calling racist :wah: Still, I'm happy, they're all mad but at least It's a lean to the Far Right.

Lib Dems In 5th place...... they are finished.

A good year for the Right and Far Right and I believe Indicative of how a GE will swing.

BBC News - UKIP heading for clear victory in UK European elections

Return to “General Chit Chat”