Exercise routines for stomach patients.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I need an exercise routine.

I've been told I have to lose weight. I'm 93 kilos (14 1/2 stone) at the moment and I have to get down to at least 75. It's possible and it should be quick but all the exercise routines I did up until 2 years ago I can't do anymore.

Problem: it can't involve sit ups or strenuous stomach exercises.

If anyone has any suggestions please I'd really appreciate it.

I'm going to use this thread as a diary of the weight loss and the things I'll be doing to lose weight . Hope it helps others as well :)
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Fuzzy, Skipping !!!!!

I skip with a skipping rope every day weather permitting on my patio. You can do It at home, with friends, turn the music up loud, no sit up's no expensive gym fee's either.

I started with about 15 minutes a day and built on that.

The Benefits of Skipping and Jump Rope Benefits - skip-hop
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Not allowed to jump up and down until much later. Not even allowed to do any Pilates.
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1453842 wrote: Not allowed to jump up and down until much later. Not even allowed to do any Pilates. This mat help.... some exercises further down.

http://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/lea ... urgery.pdf
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm allowed to ride a bike and go for walks but no running.

I was thinking more like stretching exercise routines that don't require core/ stomach exertion
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Fuzzy

you can lose a lot of weight by walking.

I've been walking - started March 7th

My body doesn't allow me to crunch & twist much and walking is working.

Good luck

Patsy
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Yeah I've been walking a lot actually . Prefer riding a bike though . I'm saving for a mountain bike so I can ride over the islands and dunes to the beach.

the trouble I was having for awhile was I wasn't eating . I wasn't expending any energy as I used to so I didn't feel hungry ....sometimes going for days without food and it didn't worry me . The doctor said it was part of the problem, my body was storing fats for all the times I wasn't eating . You know when you have one of those "oh yeah that makes sense " moments. And I thought you lost weight when you were stressed.not so apparently.Some of us actually put weight on .

I'm in the middle of moving so taking boxes of booksand so forth upstairs is doing me a world of good :)
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Hi Fuzzy,

You might want to try swimming as it is ideal because it exercises both large muscle groups (arms and legs) and provides cardiovascular benefits. Or you could dance!! Yes, dancing is a form of exercise and you can manage your own moves and burn some calories.

You may also want to look into exercises for a pregnant woman. They are usually adjusted to create very little pressure on the stomach but still strengthen the lower back.

The more cardiovascular the better so keep walking!

Best of luck to you!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Awwwhhh thankyou Lady J I never thought of the pregnancy exercises ... Brilliant !!! swimming? hmmmm nothing close except for the sea and it's a little cold and full of sharks and things.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Well we don't want a shark to get you!

I have also found that eating small meals throughout the day is good. Instead of having a big breakfast, lunch and supper try snacking on healthy tidbits like slices of apple, some fruit and nuts. The right kind of nuts are very good for you. Also never, ever eat late at night.....say after 8:00...9:00PM at the latest. And no alcohol...that has a lot of calories.

I'll be watching to see your progress and I know you will do great!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Great advice lady j thankyou ...

It's funny you know. I used to eat like that. Had a very healthy diet but like my mum after dad died and where her everyday routine was interfered with she'd forgotten how to eat. I think that happened to me after the boys left home. I've just forgotten how to eat as usual. I don't eat late at night and try to get it through to the other half not to either but he doesn't listen. I'm hoping having someone to cook for again brings me back into a routine.

That needs to be looked at very carefully.

All up though I'm extremely unhealthy. Most of it isn't my fault as such, but I think **** happens in life and you eventually have to get on top of it. I've had blood and urine tests and all came back normal............so me feeling unwell and sluggish has got to do with the lack of movement and proper diet.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am in the same position as it happens.

Always cycled to and from work and done a physical job much of my working life. Now I have spent the past twelve months doing nothing and just eating.

Have gained approx 2 stone and now have a pot belly that I have to lift to rinse soap residue when washing (Too much information?)

I have never ever been like this and I hate it.

Hopefully my energy levels will return soon with a little help from myself and some exercise.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

The most difficult part when going alone, Is getting self motivated. Getting a pal along with you helps. Book a set time every day or week.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bruv;1453883 wrote: I am in the same position as it happens.

Always cycled to and from work and done a physical job much of my working life. Now I have spent the past twelve months doing nothing and just eating.

Have gained approx 2 stone and now have a pot belly that I have to lift to rinse soap residue when washing (Too much information?)

I have never ever been like this and I hate it.

Hopefully my energy levels will return soon with a little help from myself and some exercise.

I hear ya mate!!!

I thought of things like parking down the street away from the shops so I have to walk. Because I have a pier and boat ramp near me I've decided when I fish, I walk to it instead of driving the car. I don't like walking with no aim to it . Motivation/having something at the end of it is the key I guess. For me anyway.

The weight gain means you don't sleep properly, you're snoring, hence not getting a good nights sleep...and that in itself makes you gain even more weight because you don't have the energy during the day to exercise. Losing the weight fixes all these problems.

what's really disturbing is I have a closet full of very nice clothing that I haven't worn in over a year, nothing fits. In turn that makes me a home body because I dont' want to go out to nice places because I'll look like a frump ..........I'm not used to that feeling.

The boys left their weights behind so I'm thinking of using the small ones to get some strength back into my arms and lose some of this fat around my under-arms which my partner mistakenly believes is 'larger breasts' when bending forward. I'm walking around like a body builder because my arms aren't positioned close to my body anymore, it's a grosse feeling. And all this may not be apparent to others but I can see it and feel it .
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Come on Bruv do it with me. I'm not exactly running a marathon any time soon . I'm just getting some movement back into this ole body of mine.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1453919 wrote: Come on Bruv do it with me. I'm not exactly running a marathon any time soon . I'm just getting some movement back into this ole body of mine.
Best invitation I've had for ages.

I have been living away from my own house for several years,moved back 12 months ago, and it is in need of some care and attention, and I just haven't been able to do it since.

It's getting me very frustrated, I need to paint and stuff soon.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”