God is a good judge! You joke. Right?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows the setting and accepting of a bribe or human sacrifice to corrupt his justice. That justice usually stated that only the punishment of the guilty was acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent. That corruption of his usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

This corrupted judge is the judge you would vote for is it?

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1452267 wrote: God is a good judge! You joke. Right?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows the setting and accepting of a bribe or human sacrifice to corrupt his justice. That justice usually stated that only the punishment of the guilty was acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent. That corruption of his usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

This corrupted judge is the judge you would vote for is it?

Regards

DL

No voting required. He is the judge.

Your mislead opinion of the matter is irrelevant.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1452290 wrote: No voting required. He is the judge.

Your mislead opinion of the matter is irrelevant.

Another who runs from looking at God's lack of morals.

Be he a judge or not maters not.

Is he a moral judge when he sets and accepts bribes and sacrifices?

If you think so then your religion has corrupted your morals.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

"God's lack of morals" ???

You crack me up, brother.

So, you interpret God's morals from what Man has said about him.

Don't you think it might be Man who has the lack of morals?
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

You tell me.

Would a man choose to have his son killed to corrupt the judges verdict when there was absolutely no need for it?

Your God chose to do so and that makes his morals way less than any moral man.

Right?

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1452458 wrote: You tell me.

Would a man choose to have his son killed to corrupt the judges verdict when there was absolutely no need for it?

Your God chose to do so and that makes his morals way less than any moral man.

Right?

Regards

DL

"My God" did no such thing.

My God gave you the world, only to have you beat him, spit on him and curse him as you nailed him to the Cross.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1452459 wrote: "My God" did no such thing.

My God gave you the world, only to have you beat him, spit on him and curse him as you nailed him to the Cross.

:yh_rotfl

Naughty Boy - La La La ft. Sam Smith - YouTube

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, again, you show your true nature.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1452510 wrote: So, again, you show your true nature.
I won't watch the youtube, so tell me, what's his true nature?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1452524 wrote: I won't watch the youtube, so tell me, what's his true nature?

It is really harmless.

The visuals are quite fascinating, actually, but the lyrics are childish.

Nothing harmful to the psyche.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1452530 wrote: It is really harmless.

Does that also describe his 'true' nature?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1452537 wrote: Does that also describe his 'true' nature?
Perhaps so.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1452510 wrote: So, again, you show your true nature.

I have nothing to hide. I am not as Christian and have no need to hide what I am or feel.

We Gnostic Christians know we are are morally a cut above Christians. That is why they hated and continue to hate us.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1452530 wrote: It is really harmless.

If as you describe then there is not a damned thing wrong with my nature is there.

You just like to bitch I guess.

Regards

DL
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I must admit I've always found the demand that all males must sacrifice their foreskins to him a bit 'iffy'. Anyone who made such a demand these days would go straight on the Sex Offenders' Register.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

FourPart;1458012 wrote: I must admit I've always found the demand that all males must sacrifice their foreskins to him a bit 'iffy'. Anyone who made such a demand these days would go straight on the Sex Offenders' Register.

Not all males. Hebrew males. As desert people, the sand would get under the foreskin & irritate. They didn't take daily showers. It, like many or most of the rules, are in regard to health & cleanliness. There were reasons for it back then, & it was like a tribal marking used for identification purposes amongst the Hebrews.

I admit, it's popularization amongst the general male population in modern times has surprised me.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458000 wrote: If as you describe then there is not a damned thing wrong with my nature is there.

You just like to bitch I guess.

Regards

DL

Within the original context of the conversation, it made a point which you now choose to ignore.

You are just here to pick a fight with "Christians" who you feel to be inferior to you. You won't really find many of those here.

I see no point, now, in continuing with you.

Have a nice day.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

FourPart;1458012 wrote: I must admit I've always found the demand that all males must sacrifice their foreskins to him a bit 'iffy'. Anyone who made such a demand these days would go straight on the Sex Offenders' Register.

I agree.

Especially when he put it there in the first place.

Regards

DL
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1452374 wrote: Be he a judge or not maters not.

Regards

DL

"Be he a judge or not maters not"? Then matter the judge that not be or be it the matter of which be judged makes no matter, either whether you judge the matter of which not be judged.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1458013 wrote: As desert people, the sand would get under the foreskin & irritate. They didn't take daily showers. It, like many or most of the rules, are in regard to health & cleanliness.

So too did sand get under the eye lids but removing it would expose the eye itself. The foreskin only reveals man's gift to women during an erection and I wonder what craving would cause man to do the deed during a sand storm. BTW, sand could also get into the vagina and create havoc during the thrust of ecstasy. How would one propose to remedy that? The foreskin is there to protect.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Call it a tribal tattoo then. It wasn't meant for the general population. St. Paul sussed that out.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

High Threshold;1458059 wrote: "Be he a judge or not maters not"? Then matter the judge that not be or be it the matter of which be judged makes no matter, either whether you judge the matter of which not be judged.

Perfect.

You will say anything to not have to speak of morality. That speaks volumes and all will see you run and hide.

Regards

DL
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458159 wrote: Perfect.

You will say anything to not have to speak of morality. That speaks volumes and all will see you run and hide.

Regards

DL

But morality is exactly what I am speaking about. Specifically, your misplaced morality by the spread of disinformation and infectious superstition.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

High Threshold;1458166 wrote: But morality is exactly what I am speaking about. Specifically, your misplaced morality by the spread of disinformation and infectious superstition.

A bold claim and a lie from my point of view.

Put your money where your mouth is and get specific or be seem as a liar.

Regards

DL
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458176 wrote: A bold claim and a lie from my point of view.

Will "your point of view" be specific. Otherwise you will seem as a liar.

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458176 wrote: Put your money where your mouth is

You're talking about "money"??? I thought we talking about spiritual things.

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458176 wrote: and get specific or be seem as a liar.

Hey! I already said that about you!

I don't know if I want to be the one to tell you this but .....

Gnostic Christian Bishop

High Threshold;1458177 wrote: Will "your point of view" be specific. Otherwise you will seem as a liar.

You're talking about "money"??? I thought we talking about spiritual things.

Hey! I already said that about you!

I don't know if I want to be the one to tell you this but .....

Thanks for the chat.

Regards

DL
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1458180 wrote: Thanks for the chat.

Regards

DL

Yes your gnostic money-mouth holiness.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

LarsMac;1452459 wrote: "My God" did no such thing.

Actually, that was before my time...
Ted

Post by Ted »

It was Jesus who was crucified. It is quite clear that he referred to God as his father. "Why do you call me good when only the father is good" paraphrase. Jesus was not God and he refused to be called that. He manifest the true nature of God. He was seen as a God presence but not as God. I think if the historical Jesus could come back he would be appalled at what we have done with him and his name.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485156 wrote: It was Jesus who was crucified. It is quite clear that he referred to God as his father. "Why do you call me good when only the father is good" paraphrase. Jesus was not God and he refused to be called that. He manifest the true nature of God. He was seen as a God presence but not as God. I think if the historical Jesus could come back he would be appalled at what we have done with him and his name.

I agree but if you take the God part out of Jesus, then Christians no longer have a messiah and they are left to take responsibility for their own salvation. They have been sold a savior for too long to, as Jesus said, pick up their own crosses and follow him. They prefer to ride a scapegoat savior and accept an immoral tenet of substitutionary atonement than to face the truth.

Note the subliminal message the church teaches. God died for you and is therefore dead.

That may be why so many Christians divorce and abort. They do not fear God as he died and for there to be a real sacrifice, God must stay dead.

The church may actually be the anti-Christ as many have said.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

The word messiah means the anointed one. There have been many messiahs throughout history. That does not necessarily mean they ore or not God. We saw God manifest in Jesus. That does not mean he was God. Yes there are those who believe that he was God. In fact I don't think God cares.
Ted

Post by Ted »

First of all messiah means the anointed one it does not mean the anointed one is God. There have been several messiahs in history and maybe even today. Here I really don't think God cares what people think. I firmly believe that Jesus was a fully human being in whom we see the true nature of God. The idea of an anti-Christ is a non-starter as far as I am concerned.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485266 wrote: The word messiah means the anointed one. There have been many messiahs throughout history. That does not necessarily mean they ore or not God. We saw God manifest in Jesus. That does not mean he was God. Yes there are those who believe that he was God. In fact I don't think God cares.

One of the Jesus' did manifest Godlike qualities but the one most have read certainly did not as much of his teachings are useless rhetoric and much, like his divorce policy is immoral and anti-love.

That one certainly did not have Godlike qualities yet is the one most churches preach about.

That is why I place morals as the purpose of religions and find the mainstream homophobic and misogynous religions lacking in morals.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485268 wrote: The idea of an anti-Christ is a non-starter as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps that is why it is planned to take that term out of the bible.

Self protection for the church perhaps.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Whatever. I do not subscribe to the idea of the anti-Christ. I do not accept the theory of duality. I believe in one state religiously, No Satan, no devil etc All nice myths or inventions to try to explain the inexplicable
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485356 wrote: Whatever. I do not subscribe to the idea of the anti-Christ. I do not accept the theory of duality. I believe in one state religiously, No Satan, no devil etc All nice myths or inventions to try to explain the inexplicable

It must be hard for you to sit and listen to lies from your priest.:-3

I do not think that religions invented their theologies to explain the inexplicable.

You forget the Noble Lie.

They were invented and used by governments for social manipulation and control.

That and a part of governments circuses as in bread and circuses. Man's two main raison d'être.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

I think what you are calling lies is simply not what is meant by what you are trying to say. Yes I have no doubts that many folks lie but In my view the clergy I have known, studied under believe what they are teaching. Lies, absolutely not. And I will not judge them any more than I judge you. That is not my role. If you feel you have the authority then you are claiming what most folks would laugh at. It is not you per se but your thinking. I do not believe for one moment that anyone has the sole handle on the truth no matter the faith. At best we have some pointers. I would also say that any one who thinks they have more than some hints of nature of the divine or that they have a good handle on the truth are simply delusional. God is the great mystery behind the universe. To err is human. It amazes me that people judge God when they simply want a scapegoat. There's that bitching and complaining because folks don't get it their way. We are supposed to take what comes and deal with it.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485461 wrote: I think what you are calling lies is simply not what is meant by what you are trying to say. Yes I have no doubts that many folks lie but In my view the clergy I have known, studied under believe what they are teaching. Lies, absolutely not. And I will not judge them any more than I judge you. That is not my role. If you feel you have the authority then you are claiming what most folks would laugh at. It is not you per se but your thinking. I do not believe for one moment that anyone has the sole handle on the truth no matter the faith. At best we have some pointers. I would also say that any one who thinks they have more than some hints of nature of the divine or that they have a good handle on the truth are simply delusional. God is the great mystery behind the universe. To err is human. It amazes me that people judge God when they simply want a scapegoat. There's that bitching and complaining because folks don't get it their way. We are supposed to take what comes and deal with it.

Exactly right.

So is this.

"God is the great mystery behind the universe.".

One cannot know anything about that great mystery and to say that one does the way priests and imams do shows clearly that they are lying for money.

Even if the priest or imam is as devout as a saint, he is lying and should admit that he does not know if the so called truth he is spouting is a truth or not. If he calls it truth then he is an idol worshiper and cannot be trusted to make true statements as all he is showing is his bias and delusion.

To me, it is analogous to the murderer who said God told him to kill. His delusion to him is true but you and I cannot believe him if we have to put him on trial. Priests and imams do not kill but history shows how they are responsible for many killings by those who believed their lies to be true.

To not call lies lies, even delusional ones, would be dishonest. The moment anyone says a fact about God, he is lying.

This is irrefutable unless God pops up and says it is a truth.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

It seems to me that you exhibit a rather strange thinking about lies. As far as the truth goes there are many truths and each valid for the folks involved. We do not know the absolutely truth of God ar any divinity. It is all supposition on our part and we have o real way of sorting it out. Like I said there are many truths. Your truth is your truth and my truth is my truth and they may not coincide. That does not mean you re lying or that I am. It is simply the way it is. You cannot judge any following in the spiritual realm. That is God's role If he judges. Perhaps he leaves the judging of individuals up to each person.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485532 wrote: It seems to me that you exhibit a rather strange thinking about lies. As far as the truth goes there are many truths and each valid for the folks involved. We do not know the absolutely truth of God ar any divinity. It is all supposition on our part and we have o real way of sorting it out. Like I said there are many truths. Your truth is your truth and my truth is my truth and they may not coincide. That does not mean you re lying or that I am. It is simply the way it is. You cannot judge any following in the spiritual realm. That is God's role If he judges. Perhaps he leaves the judging of individuals up to each person.

Sure, individual truths are important to people. We allow all people their benign truths if they do not harm.

Collective and real truths are better as that is what is important to a community and in community is where we all live.

"We do not know the absolutely truth of God or any divinity."

Correct. And that is why all that is said to be a truth about God or divinity is a lie.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted

Interpret this for me please.

Jesus speaking.

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

Rather simple. No one or object can affirm itself. Ie. Just because the Bible says all scripture is from God does not make it so. We need others to make that affirmation.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Ted;1485684 wrote: Rather simple. No one or object can affirm itself. Ie. Just because the Bible says all scripture is from God does not make it so. We need others to make that affirmation.
You try telling Pahu that.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I suppose I could claim to be God too.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1486039 wrote: I suppose I could claim to be God too.

That would be more right than to believe in a guy in the sky.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1485684 wrote: Rather simple. No one or object can affirm itself. Ie. Just because the Bible says all scripture is from God does not make it so. We need others to make that affirmation.

Jesus was speaking of himself, not the bible as it did not yet exist.

Because of that, I do not accept your view.

I can affirm myself. So can you.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

So that means the Bible can affirm itself. That is not correct under the rules of logic. Should add that I do not believe in a god in the sky. I'm a panentheist.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1486203 wrote: So that means the Bible can affirm itself. That is not correct under the rules of logic. Should add that I do not believe in a god in the sky. I'm a panentheist.

The bible cannot affirm itself as it was never meant to be a book and is just a combination of books.

Each author would have to affirm his own small bit.

As to panentheist. A mindless God is not worthy of much respect. Might as well call your God nature.

At least the God I believe in can think.

Regards

DL
Ted

Post by Ted »

My experience as a panentheologist is that God is anything but mindless.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Ted;1486210 wrote: My experience as a panentheologist is that God is anything but mindless.

A mind that is spread out throughout the universe cannot communicate or think.

It is mindless and cannot have a mind thanks to the speed of light.

If you want to believe in the supernatural then go ahead but do not expect that I will join you in a delusion.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”