Any experience?

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

So my dad is being take to court this monday, to a cantonal judge (i think that's the right translation).

His employer wants to sack a sick employee within 2 years of being sick.

He got welders lung whist working there and had a heart attack 5 weeks ago.

All contact went by email, threating emails, demaning proof of medical issues and doc appointments, the employer was even stalking my dad outfront of his house.

The employment office ruled in my dad's favour, twice.

So there is enough great evidence againt the employer..

My dad put in his written objection a few weeks ago.. My mum will do all the talking on monday in the courtroom, i'll be there for support.

But really I have no fricking clue how this works... ?

Has anybody here have any experience in this field????
Bryn Mawr

Any experience?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1451002 wrote: So my dad is being take to court this monday, to a cantonal judge (i think that's the right translation).

His employer wants to sack a sick employee within 2 years of being sick.

He got welders lung whist working there and had a heart attack 5 weeks ago.

All contact went by email, threating emails, demaning proof of medical issues and doc appointments, the employer was even stalking my dad outfront of his house.

The employment office ruled in my dad's favour, twice.

So there is enough great evidence againt the employer..

My dad put in his written objection a few weeks ago.. My mum will do all the talking on monday in the courtroom, i'll be there for support.

But really I have no fricking clue how this works... ?

Has anybody here have any experience in this field????

No, and I suspect that UK or US Employment Tribunals would be sufficiently different to Dutch ones as to render it useless.

But the very best of luck on Monday - I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Bryn Mawr;1451004 wrote: No, and I suspect that UK or US Employment Tribunals would be sufficiently different to Dutch ones as to render it useless.

But the very best of luck on Monday - I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

I suspect so aswell.. but no harm in asking :)

And thanks Bryn.. I'm worried about my dad.. even 5 weeks after his heart attack, he is still in a lot of pain (pains in the chest), keeps breaking out in a sweat and can't breathe, evertime he does something or thinks about this court thing.. The hospital is fitting him with a monitor for 48 hours next week friday.

I'm real worried he'll drop dead in the courtroom..

I have watched my dad go from being able to lift a car, to being weak old and frail within a year. To be honest even when this court thing is over, he'll never be the same again.
AnneBoleyn

Any experience?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe, I'm so sorry to hear what your dad has gone through & is going through. You wrote: "The employment office ruled in my dad's favour, twice.

So there is enough great evidence againt the employer.."

I think this is great evidence. I have every hope he will win his case, and my thoughts & love are with your lovely family.
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1451009 wrote: Chloe, I'm so sorry to hear what your dad has gone through & is going through. You wrote: "The employment office ruled in my dad's favour, twice.

So there is enough great evidence againt the employer.."

I think this is great evidence. I have every hope he will win his case, and my thoughts & love are with your lovely family.

Thanks Anne...

We do have great evidence (all written), all the lies, threats, demands of medical evidence etc.. Apart from the employment office being on our side, there are about 5 other companies on our side (mediators, buisiness expert (? hope thats the right translation), company doc etc etc.) Also all of them have written to my dad, saying that they were on our side. The grand thing is, the employer threatened the employment office.. that also is in writing..
Bryn Mawr

Any experience?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1451007 wrote: I suspect so aswell.. but no harm in asking :)

And thanks Bryn.. I'm worried about my dad.. even 5 weeks after his heart attack, he is still in a lot of pain (pains in the chest), keeps breaking out in a sweat and can't breathe, evertime he does something or thinks about this court thing.. The hospital is fitting him with a monitor for 48 hours next week friday.

I'm real worried he'll drop dead in the courtroom..

I have watched my dad go from being able to lift a car, to being weak old and frail within a year. To be honest even when this court thing is over, he'll never be the same again.

I've seen people in his condition come back to full fitness after surgery so keep the faith. Stand at his side during the the hearing (as we will in spirit) and let the hospital work their magic :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Any experience?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Chloe, if your dad is a welder he'd be in an appropriate Union wouldn't he? Why aren't they involved? this is exactly their job.
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

fuzzywuzzy;1451089 wrote: Chloe, if your dad is a welder he'd be in an appropriate Union wouldn't he? Why aren't they involved? this is exactly their job.

Nope he isn't.

Anyway it's been and gone and we got him (the employer) by his privates.

Ruling will be on the 14th this month.. but I even got the employers lawyer to stagger and stumble over the documents en protest I had written up.

Even the judge was well impressed with the protest I had written for my dad :)

eventhough the circumstances were not nice for being in court.. I still enjoyed the experience very much.

So much that I have enrolled in a course to learn more about employment rights/laws.
Bryn Mawr

Any experience?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1451257 wrote: Nope he isn't.

Anyway it's been and gone and we got him (the employer) by his privates.

Ruling will be on the 14th this month.. but I even got the employers lawyer to stagger and stumble over the documents en protest I had written up.

Even the judge was well impressed with the protest I had written for my dad :)

eventhough the circumstances were not nice for being in court.. I still enjoyed the experience very much.

So much that I have enrolled in a course to learn more about employment rights/laws.

Now there is a service that you could provide that would be very worthwhile.

BTW, congratulations on your successful day in court.
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Bryn Mawr;1451327 wrote: Now there is a service that you could provide that would be very worthwhile.

BTW, congratulations on your successful day in court.

Thanks Bryn :)
fuzzywuzzy

Any experience?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Chloe_88;1451257 wrote:

So you're going to be a unionist ? woohoo!!! I knew I liked you .
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Well... we won! :yh_bigsmi
Bryn Mawr

Any experience?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1451886 wrote: Well... we won! :yh_bigsmi

Congratulations :-6
Chloe_88

Any experience?

Post by Chloe_88 »

thanks Bryn :)
AnneBoleyn

Any experience?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised, as you had ALL the Evidence! But I am so GLAD (all over!)

Return to “Work Employment”