Consider The Ant.

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
jones jones

Consider The Ant.

Post by jones jones »

From Proverbs I believe.

Most of us earthlings consider them to be a serious pain in the butt. They’re really tiny but there are more of them on our planet than any other creature including us. For every earthling alive right now there are about 1.6 million ants. Now that’s a real majority.

Ants can easily lift 20 times their own weight. They have two stomachs … one holds their own food and the second holds food to be shared with their brother and sister ants. Sort of like a snug take out which they barf up later for their buddies.

Bummer is they only live for about two months … unless you spray them with insecticide or tramp on them or an anteater nails them.

So if you hate ants move to Antarctica cos it’s the only continent you won’t find them.

Thank you very much for reading.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Consider The Ant.

Post by Lady J »

:):):):)

High hopes (cover) - YouTube
Oscar Namechange

Consider The Ant.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

And the Ant produces Methane Gas

Each termite produces, on average, about half a microgram of methane per day, a seemingly insignificant amount. However, when this is multiplied up by the world population of termites, global methane emission from this source is estimated to be about 20 million tonnes each year.

GreenHouse Gas Online - Greenhouse Gas News, Research and Resources
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
tude dog

Consider The Ant.

Post by tude dog »

I remember back when I was like 8 yrs where we lived a new red ant hole appeared near our house.

Well my parents were conflicted as what to do.

They didn't believe it would work, but I went out and dug the whole thing out. It was really cool, all the chambers, eggs, winged.

Far as I know I killed that colony.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
jones jones

Consider The Ant.

Post by jones jones »

McOscar;1450884 wrote: And the Ant produces Methane Gas

Each termite produces, on average, about half a microgram of methane per day, a seemingly insignificant amount. However, when this is multiplied up by the world population of termites, global methane emission from this source is estimated to be about 20 million tonnes each year.

GreenHouse Gas Online - Greenhouse Gas News, Research and Resources

Ants & Termites are unrelated and are totally different. Although in some countries termites are referred to as "white ants" they may be white but they are not ants.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Oscar Namechange

Consider The Ant.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jones jones;1450906 wrote: Ants & Termites are unrelated and are totally different. Although in some countries termites are referred to as "white ants" they may be white but they are not ants.

Well butter my arsse. I stand corrected. I thought some termites were ants. :o

I like Ants In that marching, colonising, Industrious type kind of way.

At my local Zoo, they had Leaf Cutter Ants. I could stand there all day watching the little fella's go back and forth, back and forth.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

Consider The Ant.

Post by Chloe_88 »

How cool.. I didn't know they had 2 stomachs!

Return to “The Outdoors”