I don't believe it!

Chloe_88

I don't believe it!

Post by Chloe_88 »

I don't believe it!

my mum just called and said she was walking the dogs in the park, a known antisocial dog owner's dog attacked a woman's dog.

She yelled at him to get his dog off. Out of nowhere he started punching the woman with both fists.

My mum ran over, the man left. and urged the woman to call the police and handed her a mobile phone.

The woman called the police and I don't believe it, the police said: sorry we wont be coming out for something small like this, but you can press charges if you come down the station tomorrow. My mum said she'll go down and put in a statement.

But really, I don't believe it, the police wouldn't come out?! the woman's face is a mess and bloody. Police are real s.hit around here. No wonder people take matters into their own hands.
Bryn Mawr

I don't believe it!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chloe_88;1450076 wrote: I don't believe it!

my mum just called and said she was walking the dogs in the park, a known antisocial dog owner's dog attacked a woman's dog.

She yelled at him to get his dog off. Out of nowhere he started punching the woman with both fists.

My mum ran over, the man left. and urged the woman to call the police and handed her a mobile phone.

The woman called the police and I don't believe it, the police said: sorry we wont be coming out for something small like this, but you can press charges if you come down the station tomorrow. My mum said she'll go down and put in a statement.

But really, I don't believe it, the police wouldn't come out?! the woman's face is a mess and bloody. Police are real s.hit around here. No wonder people take matters into their own hands.

Make sure that plenty of photo's are taken tonight and, if you have an equivalent to the Independent Police Complaints Commission, that you make your feelings about the Police response known.
Oscar Namechange

I don't believe it!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

That's lousy policing.

My husband was assaulted In a road rage Incident a few years ago. It was summer so the windows were down and this guy just reached In through the drivers window and grabbed him by the throat. We were In a jam but I just dialled 999 and said my husband had been assaulted ( road rage ) and gave the location. Talk about over-kill... within 30 seconds we could hear two squad cars screaming the blue's and sirens down the road. They pincered his car and dragged him out. Being the nice kind of gal I am, I talked my husband Into dropping the charges and we parted with a handshake. The police were not happy lol
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Hope6

I don't believe it!

Post by Hope6 »

I can't believe the police wouldn't come out! It sounds like someone needs to look into the workings of that police department!
Chloe_88

I don't believe it!

Post by Chloe_88 »

Neh.. the police never come out here, unless someone is being stabbed. If you're lucky that is.

For some reason it only seems to be the police here in this town, that are so lazy..

Police did nothing much about a dog being kicked and stabbed to death by 2 "dogsitters" last christmas.. when a witch hunt started, they only then started protecting.. the murderers that is!
gmc

I don't believe it!

Post by gmc »

oscar;1450091 wrote: That's lousy policing.

My husband was assaulted In a road rage Incident a few years ago. It was summer so the windows were down and this guy just reached In through the drivers window and grabbed him by the throat. We were In a jam but I just dialled 999 and said my husband had been assaulted ( road rage ) and gave the location. Talk about over-kill... within 30 seconds we could hear two squad cars screaming the blue's and sirens down the road. They pincered his car and dragged him out. Being the nice kind of gal I am, I talked my husband Into dropping the charges and we parted with a handshake. The police were not happy lol

Why did you not press charges? No wonder the police get pissed off at people wasting their time. I don't care what the provocation, imagined or otherwise anyone who will assault an elderly man while he is unable to defend himself is dangerous. What did those around you do?
Oscar Namechange

I don't believe it!

gmc;1450202 wrote: Why did you not press charges? No wonder the police get pissed off at people wasting their time. I don't care what the provocation, imagined or otherwise anyone who will assault an elderly man while he is unable to defend himself is dangerous. What did those around you do?

It happened outside my Turkish pals take away In a slip road. As we were In a jam, him and his workers had already seen what he'd done through the shop window and rushed outside.

It happened because In this slip road, there was one empty car parking space further up that the aggressor could see. He couldn't understand why my husband wasn't moving to take that place and just sitting there. He didn't know that my husband knew the empty spot was for disabled and It was before my husband got his disabled badge and wouldn't take It.

As soon as I'd called the police and half a dozen burly Turkish guys had rushed out, I went to his window and explained the slot was for disabled. He Immediately began apologising. If he had been some yob who continued with the aggression, I'd have let the police nick him but believe It or not, he was a middle aged man who just momentarilly lost It.... I'm sure many people have done that. He was genuinely sorry, that was the thing especially when I told him the old man he's assaulted was recovering from advanced cancer at the time. He then said ' OMG I'm going to lose my job over this and my wife Is pregnant'.... I thought he was genuine and I like to think he learnt lessons that day.... that's why. The police commended me on my errrr calmness :wah: I think the local police who attended and knew me, thought I'd have laid him out by the time they got there.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

I don't believe it!

Post by Chloe_88 »

I can understand why you didn't press charges. Everybody has a silly moment every now and then in their life (the road rage guy i mean)..
Oscar Namechange

I don't believe it!

Chloe_88;1450354 wrote: I can understand why you didn't press charges. Everybody has a silly moment every now and then in their life (the road rage guy i mean)..

I thought he was genuine and genuinely mortified at his outburst however awful It was for my husband. But I'm not a vindictive type and wouldn't ruin someone's career and life just for the sake of It.... although one officer just kept on and on at me saying ' Just say the word and I'll bang him up on Trinity Hill' ( The local nick )...Nah :wah:

Translation... Just say the word and I'll take the gentleman Into custody.
Lady J

I don't believe it!

Post by Lady J »

It's called common sense....not too many people have it now a day....knowing how to 'read' others and make your point while making the best of an incident. Kudos!

errrrrr. btw ~~ what is a Slip Road?
Oscar Namechange

I don't believe it!

Lady J;1450395 wrote:

errrrrr. btw ~~ what is a Slip Road? :wah:

slip road - definition of slip road by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Sellotape;1450091 wrote: ..... I talked my husband Into dropping the charges and we parted with a handshake. ....

No wonder the police are reluctant to come out.
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Sellotape;1450397 wrote: :wah:

slip road - definition of slip road by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You managed to avoid that one, eh. Take the slip road out did you?
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

Lady J;1450395 wrote: errrrrr. btw ~~ what is a Slip Road?

A minor road, often parallel to a major thoroughfare (such as a motorway), used to reach destinations not in proximity to motorway exists or to circumnavigate motorway repairs or traffic collisions.
devist8me

I don't believe it!

Post by devist8me »

Conceal and carry. Who else is going to protect you?
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
FourPart

I don't believe it!

Post by FourPart »

High Threshold;1455762 wrote: A minor road, often parallel to a major thoroughfare (such as a motorway), used to reach destinations not in proximity to motorway exists or to circumnavigate motorway repairs or traffic collisions.
That reminds me of a time when I was working as a Car Delivery Driver, working with Trade Plates.

I had just picked up a car from a farm in the middle of nowhere, after having walked for miles down a muddy old dirt track, and it was getting late. The farmer pointed out a short cut out & told me that there was a roundabout just down the bottom & to the right, where I could easily get back to where I needed to go.

Anyway, having picked up the car, off I pootled, and sure enough there was the main road right in front of me & just as he had said, in the distance, to the right, I could just about make out the roundabout, so off I went.

Suddenly, in the opposite lane there was another car flashing its lights & peeping its horn at me. I just assumed it to be some Wide-Boy idiot. Then, just as I was approaching the roundabout I realised that the road I was on was actually a Motorway & I was going in the wrong direction. The problem was that there were trees on the Central Reservation, so the opposite lanes weren't visible, plus it was a very dark night, with no moon & no street lights, except on that roundabout.

Fortunately, being in the middle of nowhere & being so late, that car that had been flashing & peeping at me was the only other vehicle I came in contact with.

You'd have thought the farmer might have thought to tell me that the road the track led to was a motorway.
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

FourPart;1461241 wrote: That reminds me of a time when I was working as a Car Delivery Driver, working with Trade Plates.

I had just picked up a car from a farm in the middle of nowhere, after having walked for miles down a muddy old dirt track, and it was getting late. The farmer pointed out a short cut out & told me that there was a roundabout just down the bottom & to the right, where I could easily get back to where I needed to go.

Anyway, having picked up the car, off I pootled, and sure enough there was the main road right in front of me & just as he had said, in the distance, to the right, I could just about make out the roundabout, so off I went.

Suddenly, in the opposite lane there was another car flashing its lights & peeping its horn at me. I just assumed it to be some Wide-Boy idiot. Then, just as I was approaching the roundabout I realised that the road I was on was actually a Motorway & I was going in the wrong direction. The problem was that there were trees on the Central Reservation, so the opposite lanes weren't visible, plus it was a very dark night, with no moon & no street lights, except on that roundabout.

Fortunately, being in the middle of nowhere & being so late, that car that had been flashing & peeping at me was the only other vehicle I came in contact with.

You'd have thought the farmer might have thought to tell me that the road the track led to was a motorway.

Jesus wept! :yh_nailbi

I'm sure ol' MacDonald didn't think it were necessary to tell you that he does the journey by foot, or on push bike.

:yh_cow:yh_chickn:yh_pig

Mooo! Cluck! Oink!
Atlynox

I don't believe it!

Post by Atlynox »

Hello Forum,

If you run or walk(fast) or swim the same distance, you loose the same energy.

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

Atlynox;1467952 wrote: Hello Forum,

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox

My guess is FALSE. Whether I am right or wrong I can motivated my answer if necessary.
Bryn Mawr

I don't believe it!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox

That has to be false. The energy required is related to the resistance to the movement so for swimming it is obviously higher. For running and walking it increases with the square of the speed so the faster you go the more energy you consume.
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

Bryn Mawr;1467956 wrote: That has to be false. The energy required is related to the resistance to the movement so for swimming it is obviously higher. For running and walking it increases with the square of the speed so the faster you go the more energy you consume.

My theory is much simpler. If you walk, you use only as much energy require to traverse your course in the direction towards point B. Once you've arrived, the energy you've exerted drops “nearing zero” rather quickly. If you run, once you've arrived at point B your body will not reach zero exertion for some time. So in essence, your body is exerting itself (requiring energy) beyond what is necessary to reach your goal in both instances - but running requires more EXCESS enegery than walking. You may tear my theory apart if you like. It's just an unqualified thought I had.
LarsMac

I don't believe it!

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1467958 wrote: My theory is much simpler. If you walk, you use only as much energy require to traverse your course in the direction towards point B. Once you've arrived, the energy you've exerted drops “nearing zero” rather quickly. If you run, once you've arrived at point B your body will not reach zero exertion for some time. So in essence, your body is exerting itself (requiring energy) beyond what is necessary to reach your goal in both instances - but running requires more EXCESS enegery than walking. You may tear my theory apart if you like. It's just an unqualified thought I had.

Well, they say that the brain consumes 25-30 percent of the energy you use. So, I just think about walking 4 miles, and use up as much energy as I would walking a mile. Simple, eh?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

I don't believe it!

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1467959 wrote: Well, they say that the brain consumes 25-30 percent of the energy you use. So, I just think about walking 4 miles, and use up as much energy as I would walking a mile. Simple, eh?

Hmmmmmm. 25-30 percent of used energy is consumed by the brain is it? So one ought to be able to calculate the energy needed to walk those 4 miles of yours and compare it with the amount of energy needed to travers 4 miles by telekinetic energy. Fascinating. :thinking:
LarsMac

I don't believe it!

Post by LarsMac »

High Threshold;1467960 wrote: Hmmmmmm. 25-30 percent of used energy is consumed by the brain is it? So one ought to be able to calculate the energy needed to walk those 4 miles of yours and compare it with the amount of energy needed to travers 4 miles by telekinetic energy. Fascinating. :thinking:

Works even better if I am walking the mile, while thinking about the four. :)
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

I don't believe it!

Post by FourPart »

Mathematically it's true, as to move a mass from point 'a' to point 'b' uses up 'x' amount of energy, regardless of the amount of time it takes. For example, Da Beasty needs filling up about every 3 - 4 days, with a daily run of 7.5 miles & back (75 miles / week). However, if I were to only make the journey once a week then t would take me 5 weeks to use the same amount of fuel.

However, there is also the question of efficiency. Going faster is less efficient as it generates excess heat, which is wasted. The same would apply to fuel for the bike (or a car). keeping the speed down lessens fuel consumption.
LarsMac

I don't believe it!

Post by LarsMac »

True or false?

Greeting,

Atlynox

false.

Try swimming a mile.
- DH Lawrence
dkmonline

I don't believe it!

Post by dkmonline »

i dont like such hotel..
High Threshold