Germany and Home Schooling

Bruv

Post by Bruv »

A German family that was threatened with deportation after losing an appeal for asylum in the U.S. because they wanted to home school their children has been granted permission to stay in the country indefinitely, a family attorney said.................The devoutly Christian Romeike family fled to the United States in 2008 from southwest Germany after the German government threatened them with legal action for homeschooling their children, which has been banned in Germany since 1918.

I am amazed that Germany bans Home Schooling, but also amazed that that is a basis to claim asylum so far away from Germany.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1449763 wrote: A German family that was threatened with deportation after losing an appeal for asylum in the U.S. because they wanted to home school their children has been granted permission to stay in the country indefinitely, a family attorney said.................The devoutly Christian Romeike family fled to the United States in 2008 from southwest Germany after the German government threatened them with legal action for homeschooling their children, which has been banned in Germany since 1918.

I am amazed that Germany bans Home Schooling, but also amazed that that is a basis to claim asylum so far away from Germany.

Having a problem with your link, but have read of the case. I am also amazed that they had to travel so far away. I suspect there is a little more to this story.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.

Return to “Societal Issues News”