Christian. Would you teach your child to use a scapegoat at school?

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

If not, why do you give your child an example of you doing that immoral thing by planning to use Jesus as your scapegoat?

It is a part of your theology and personal plan to try to take advantage of God sacrificing his son, while at the same time telling your children not to do so at school and man up.

Is it moral for you to say to your child, do as I say and not as I plan to do?

In effect, that is what you Christian parents are doing and showing a corrupt double standard of morality.

Is that good parenting to you?

Care to look at the poor justice of such a policy?

Regards

DL
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

You sound like we run around doing immoral things just because we think we can get out of being punished for them. I for one don't think that way. I try to be the best person I can be regardless.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Hope6;1449797 wrote: You sound like we run around doing immoral things just because we think we can get out of being punished for them. I for one don't think that way. I try to be the best person I can be regardless.

I said nothing of anyone "run around doing immoral things".

I speak of the Christian s having to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Most parents would not teach the philosophy that they follow.

That is a sin in my view.

Do you believe in substitutionary atonement?

Should we punish your child for what some other child did?

Would that be the right thing to do?

If not then why id doing it in the case of Jesus the right thing to do?

Christian Justice - YouTube

Regards

DL
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

We were all condemned when Adam and Eve ate that apple. The one rule God gave them and they couldn't even follow that. Believing in Jesus is the one way we can get into heaven after that.

The preacher told a story in church Sunday about a man who operated the bridge in one of those places where you have to raise it up for boats to go under. He had his young son with him. A boat was approaching with a lot of people on it. He had to raise the bridge but he saw that his son had gotten caught up in the gears. He had to make the decision, go save his son and kill all those people on that boat. or raise the bridge and save the people on the boat but kill his son........he raised the bridge.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Hope6;1450103 wrote: We were all condemned when Adam and Eve ate that apple. The one rule God gave them and they couldn't even follow that. Believing in Jesus is the one way we can get into heaven after that.

The preacher told a story in church Sunday about a man who operated the bridge in one of those places where you have to raise it up for boats to go under. He had his young son with him. A boat was approaching with a lot of people on it. He had to raise the bridge but he saw that his son had gotten caught up in the gears. He had to make the decision, go save his son and kill all those people on that boat. or raise the bridge and save the people on the boat but kill his son........he raised the bridge.

Quite sad for sure.

The analogy is quite wrong though as you priest forgot a part.

In your story the child just sort of pops up there in dangers way.

In the story of Jesus, God chose to put him in danger even before creating the bridge and the boat.

He could have chosen many moral ways but instead chose barbaric human sacrifice.

No guilt trip or scapegoat whipping boy Jesus required.

That's why in the O T, which is just a myth, we can call that God a genocidal son murdering prick and God does not get angry. Why should he. It is the truth.

To your first remark.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice.

Need I say more?

Regards

DL
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1450184 wrote:

That's why in the O T, which is just a myth, we can call that God a genocidal son murdering prick and God does not get angry. Why should he. It is the truth.

Regards

DL

Genocidal? Certainly.

Son murdering? Maybe (is it murder when the Son volunteers to be killed by others, to God's plan which says that he won't really die and he is an incarnation of God anyway)?

A prick? Certainly not - that's a personal attack as we get snooty about things like that round here :wah:
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I don't understand you DL. Are you saying there is no God at all? I can certainly understand that sentiment. I'm really not sure where all your anger is coming from or where it's going. Would you enlighten me please? Are you an atheist? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1450187 wrote: I don't understand you DL. Are you saying there is no God at all? I can certainly understand that sentiment. I'm really not sure where all your anger is coming from or where it's going. Would you enlighten me please? Are you an atheist? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Better.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/moder ... anity.html

If you are a woman, gay or a man with morals, you will be a Gnostic Christian.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Bryn Mawr;1450185 wrote: Genocidal? Certainly.

Son murdering? Maybe (is it murder when the Son volunteers to be killed by others, to God's plan which says that he won't really die and he is an incarnation of God anyway)?

A prick? Certainly not - that's a personal attack as we get snooty about things like that round here :wah:

:lips:

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1450297 wrote: Better.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/moder ... anity.html

If you are a woman, gay or a man with morals, you will be a Gnostic Christian.

Regards

DL

I have no desire to be a Christian, Gnostic or otherwise.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn

A shame. Then you will not have the strongest voice to support your emancipation.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1450321 wrote: AnneBoleyn

A shame. Then you will not have the strongest voice to support your emancipation.

Regards

DL

Oh, an anti-semite, hey? ;-)
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1450342 wrote: Oh, an anti-semite, hey? ;-)

:yh_rotfl

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1450321 wrote: AnneBoleyn

Regards

DL

Been thinking this over. Sooooooooo, you want me to imprison myself so I can be emancipated? I'm already there.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1450342 wrote:

Imprison? No.

Activate your social consciousness? Yes.

Have you forgotten that all religions are myths and that being the case, I cannot ask anyone to imprison of lock themselves into a myth.

Regards

DL
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1450298 wrote: :lips:

Regards

DL

How can your lips be sealed if we are having a discussion?

If there is converse then give your opinion, if you are playing games then go away.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Bryn Mawr;1450783 wrote: How can your lips be sealed if we are having a discussion?

If there is converse then give your opinion, if you are playing games then go away.

Ease up chuck.

I meant more like I should not have said something. A close enough emoticon for me but not to you I guess.

Oh well.

Regards

DL
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

It was not murder because Jesus chose to do it. At any time he could have called on God to stop it all.

Matthew 26:48 Now his betrayer had given them a sign, saying: “Whoever it is I kiss, this is he; take him into custody.” 49 And going straight up to Jesus he said: “Good day, Rabbi!” and kissed him very tenderly. 50 But Jesus said to him: “Fellow, for what purpose are you present?” Then they came forward and laid hands on Jesus and took him into custody. 51 But, look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest and took off his ear. 52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than twelve legions of angels?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

So is that what you will teach your child?

That he can let an innocent person taker his blame and punishment, if the other child volunteers. Right?

You would tell that to the other parent, --- if he or she happened to question what you teach your child about responsibility. Right?

Ah. As to Jesus volunteering.

I do my fathers will and not my own.

My Father who --- SENT --- me.

Lord why have you forsaken me.

Those do not sound like what a volunteer would say.

Regards

DL
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

I teach my child to take responsibility for his own actions.

As parents when our children do something wrong sometimes they have to be punished. We all fell from grace when Adam and Eve ate that apple. The one rule God gave them to follow and they couldn't even do that. A belief in Jesus is the way we can be redeemed from sin. I don't know why God chose to do it that way but He did. It's not for us to question.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Hope6;1451494 wrote: I teach my child to take responsibility for his own actions.

As parents when our children do something wrong sometimes they have to be punished. We all fell from grace when Adam and Eve ate that apple. The one rule God gave them to follow and they couldn't even do that. A belief in Jesus is the way we can be redeemed from sin. I don't know why God chose to do it that way but He did. It's not for us to question.

So you teach your children one thing while lining up to profit from the murder of an innocent man by shedding your own responsibilities.

Oh well.

As to your last pathetic statement.

Your bible says to question all concepts within itself.

You may have decided to lie to yourself and close your eyes and call evil good but you should not lie directly about what the bible says.

There was no apple BTW and when you know that it is almost all possible knowledge that is at stake and God wanted to keep man stupid, it sheds a new light on your murderer of a God doesn't it?

Or will you ignore where your bible tell you to test all things?

Yes you will because you are a sheep and sheep do not think.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Regards

DL
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Jesus was created by God from himself specifically for that purpose. A preacher of mine once described it so people could understand. He said, if you take a bucket down to the ocean and dip out a bucket of water, it's separate, but it's still the ocean. That's what Jesus is, part of God.

btw I don't appreciate being called a liar so this is the last comment I will make on this thread
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Hope6;1451535 wrote: Jesus was created by God from himself specifically for that purpose. A preacher of mine once described it so people could understand. He said, if you take a bucket down to the ocean and dip out a bucket of water, it's separate, but it's still the ocean. That's what Jesus is, part of God.

btw I don't appreciate being called a liar so this is the last comment I will make on this thread

Then stop lying or learn what you are reading.

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

DL. You are quite contradictory. You sign off to Hope "Regards", yet your post to her was insulting. You should have at least left off "Regards", as it does not coincide with your words to her. "Regards" is a term of respect which you did not show.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Proverbs 3:12

For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I live by that biblical quote.

If people do not receive what is given as it is meant when given then they should ignore me.

My tough love in dealing with the deluded and immoral I cannot help. I is our duty to correct each other. I use whatever intensity I think is required.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Well, you sure told me! ;-)
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

I said I wasn't coming back here but really. I was never taught that you are supposed to question stuff or try to prove things. Our faith is supposed to be as that of a little child. I don't believe we are supposed to question things or try to prove things, it's an unquestioning faith. Besides I don't need your tough love, thank you, those like you who don't believe are the ones in need of the tough love!

btw Anne! ((((((((HUG))))))) :)
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Hope6;1451549 wrote: I said I wasn't coming back here but really. I was never taught that you are supposed to question stuff or try to prove things. Our faith is supposed to be as that of a little child. I don't believe we are supposed to question things or try to prove things, it's an unquestioning faith. Besides I don't need your tough love, thank you, those like you who don't believe are the ones in need of the tough love!

btw Anne! ((((((((HUG))))))) :)

What does this tell you?

1 Thesalonian 5;21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”