religion or

jim

religion or

Post by jim »

I think we the people have been tricked big time into believing in a religion If there was no religion in the world just a belief that we evolved on this planet by some fluke or we where created by some other type of life from space and we than could call that fluke or the other life from space God than maybe we could be going in the right direction
Oscar Namechange

religion or

Post by Oscar Namechange »

jim;1448764 wrote: I think we the people have been tricked big time into believing in a religion If there was no religion in the world just a belief that we evolved on this planet by some fluke or we where created by some other type of life from space and we than could call that fluke or the other life from space God than maybe we could be going in the right direction

Hi Jim

This happens to be something I am very Interested In. I believe I have seen enough evidence that at some point around 4,000 years ago by depictions from the ancients that ' gods' were extra-terrestrial. It's a theory that stacks up far greater for me than the Ideal of an old man sitting on a cloud.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

Everything I read about or search for on the internet leads me to believe that Jesus was a Prince Of Peace and a good man and maybe was the result of an ET visit Also I believe that most of the bible was created to control or police the masses I believe that a lot of the characters in the bible was the result in an ET visit. I also believe that maybe the ET visitors tried to setup laws to govern the people and it came under the heading Religion. Down the line and over the years different humans did not agree with some of these rules and changed them for their own benefit - a new religion

That's why we now need to get rid of religion as it is today and look at life on this planet and universe in a different way
Oscar Namechange

religion or

jim;1448770 wrote: Everything I read about or search for on the internet leads me to believe that Jesus was a Prince Of Peace and a good man and maybe was the result of an ET visit Also I believe that most of the bible was created to control or police the masses I believe that a lot of the characters in the bible was the result in an ET visit. I also believe that maybe the ET visitors tried to setup laws to govern the people and it came under the heading Religion. Down the line and over the years different humans did not agree with some of these rules and changed them for their own benefit - a new religion

That's why we now need to get rid of religion as it is today and look at life on this planet and universe in a different way Similar to what I believe but I believe In the possibility that Jesus was the result of some alien visitation, not to control the masses but to promote peace on earth. I believe the bible to be a true historical account of those times. After all, didn't ' God' say his son was In his Image. ?

I really do believe that there Is enough evidence In the writings of the ancients that there was extra-terrestrial Intervention. Why I don't know... maybe to push the human race forward. Having said that... I'm not a devout Ufologist and believe In the Greys etc... just that the evidence from 4,000 years ago points more to visitations that God per say.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Betty Boop

religion or

Post by Betty Boop »

I agree with the bible being a source of man made control, every time it was re written it was generally to suit whoever was in power at the time. Marriage is a man made restraint so it follows for me that religion is also. I guess those in power felt there had to be some way to enforce control over the masses so they could stay in power. Didn't work very well in the long term though did it :wah:

As for Jesus, maybe he did exist, I don't know, I've not researched enough to have a hard opinion on him or God. I do find it hard to believe in them though.
Oscar Namechange

religion or

Have you heard of Rock 84001 ?

Fossil Life in ALH 84001?
theia

religion or

Post by theia »

jim;1448764 wrote: I think we the people have been tricked big time into believing in a religion If there was no religion in the world just a belief that we evolved on this planet by some fluke or we where created by some other type of life from space and we than could call that fluke or the other life from space God than maybe we could be going in the right direction

I don't think we have been tricked...we can always examine our beliefs and opt to change them if we wish. For me that's the greatest freedom of all.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
tude dog

religion or

Post by tude dog »

What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

tude dog,

It's easy to use pictures created by someone else to try and make a point ?? but when it comes right down to a belief, you have to look into your own head for answers & if there is nothing in it YOUR SCREWED
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

OSCAR,

a rock found in antartica that scientist say is 1.3 million years old and thesr guys are guessing it to be from mars "they think it is from mars"?? no real proof of anything
Oscar Namechange

religion or

jim;1448811 wrote: OSCAR,

a rock found in antartica that scientist say is 1.3 million years old and thesr guys are guessing it to be from mars "they think it is from mars"?? no real proof of anything

There Is more to the rock than that. Inside Is fossillised bacteria... ie life.
tude dog

religion or

Post by tude dog »

jim;1448810 wrote: tude dog,

It's easy to use pictures created by someone else to try and make a point ??

Yup, it is easy. Picture worth a thousand words, so to speak.

jim;1448810 wrote: but when it comes right down to a belief, you have to look into your own head for answers & if there is nothing in it YOUR SCREWED

Uh,

Look below at my signature should look something like this, ,

Dude, those voices are a double edged sword and it takes wisdom to know just how to swing that sword.

Nobody is born with wisdom.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

Hi Oscar, yes the scientists say it has fossillised bacteria but they are just guessing about where it came from I would really think that that would be a very difficult thing to say that it did it came from mars when so many rocks like this hit the earth everyday
Oscar Namechange

religion or

jim;1448825 wrote: Hi Oscar, yes the scientists say it has fossillised bacteria but they are just guessing about where it came from I would really think that that would be a very difficult thing to say that it did it came from mars when so many rocks like this hit the earth everyday

Scientists put the age around 3.6 million.

t’s nearly certain that ALH 84001 is from Mars, even though people have never been to Mars and no rocks have ever been collected on Mars. In fact, there are 11 other meteorites, called the SNCs, that are also almost certain to be from Mars. The strongest evidence for their martian origin is that they, including ALH 84001, contain traces of gas that is just like the martian atmosphere. We know the composition of the martian atmosphere, because the Viking Lander spacecraft analyzed it, on Mars, in 1976. The martian atmosphere is really different from the Earth’s atmosphere, or Venus’, or any other source of gas that’s ever been found.

What is ALH 84001?
Mickiel

religion or

Post by Mickiel »

I think religion is far more powerful than our distain for it. And the history is there to prove it, and there exist no organization or power on earth that I know of which can stop it. I disagree with most of religion, but I know its power; its sheer power. It can change a government or free a country, ( simply look at current world events). Religion can cause war and win a war, or stop a war. If a group wants to end religion, it must have at least the same power of it;

no group has. And Atheism will never even come close to having that kind of power.

I personally think only religion can stop religion. Its going to have to be a religion that is more powerful than religion, that will wipe out religion.

Interestingly the bible predicts as such.
Oscar Namechange

religion or

Mickiel;1448852 wrote: I think religion is far more powerful than our distain for it. And the history is there to prove it, and there exist no organization or power on earth that I know of which can stop it. I disagree with most of religion, but I know its power; its sheer power. It can change a government or free a country, ( simply look at current world events). Religion can cause war and win a war, or stop a war. If a group wants to end religion, it must have at least the same power of it;

no group has. And Atheism will never even come close to having that kind of power.

I personally think only religion can stop religion. Its going to have to be a religion that is more powerful than religion, that will wipe out religion.

Interestingly the bible predicts as such.

Well said,
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

oscar;1448853 wrote: Well said,

Maybe a new religion just for GOD and the only laws would be the ten commandments

no bible just good morals

I guess than we'd be at logger heads with the atheists
Oscar Namechange

religion or

jim;1449075 wrote: Maybe a new religion just for GOD and the only laws would be the ten commandments

no bible just good morals

I guess than we'd be at logger heads with the atheists I am of the belief that something created life on earth. Now with scientific evidence that almino acids, the starting blocks of DNA have been found In Ice cores dating back millions of years In space dust, I believe something kick started life on earth.

If people want to call that something ' God ' then fine. If they want to worship that creator of life, then fine, I have absolutely no problem with any race seeing their God as something other than how I see It.
jim

religion or

Post by jim »

oscar;1449086 wrote: I am of the belief that something created life on earth. Now with scientific evidence that almino acids, the starting blocks of DNA have been found In Ice cores dating back millions of years In space dust, I believe something kick started life on earth.

If people want to call that something ' God ' then fine. If they want to worship that creator of life, then fine, I have absolutely no problem with any race seeing their God as something other than how I see It.

I'm sorry Oscar and whoever else is on this thread but I can not get my statements posted on this site anymore just had a long reply deleted saying couldn't find the page so I'm ending my connection to this now
Oscar Namechange

religion or

jim;1449105 wrote: I'm sorry Oscar and whoever else is on this thread but I can not get my statements posted on this site anymore just had a long reply deleted saying couldn't find the page so I'm ending my connection to this now
Please don;t think that. Unfortunately, on this forum, there are occassional glitches. Send a private message to the site owner Bryn and he'll sort It for you. It's happened to others here from time to time so don't worry.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”