10 years old Puppy

Discussions about your pets!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

My Puppy ~~ Zeus!

Yesterday was his annual physical and it was determined his heart is strong, eyes bright, ears good, teeth white and no signs of hip or joint problems!

He has been having an issue with his paw (from all the ice and snow) and he did let the vet examine it and nothing serious.

Our vet was impressed cuz he is 10 years old and in great shape! I hope he lives forever :-4

Weigh in at 107.5 pounds!

Attached files
Snooz

10 years old Puppy

Post by Snooz »

That's a good looking little man, you obviously take great care of him.
Mustang

10 years old Puppy

Post by Mustang »

Beautiful pup you have there, Lady J. :yh_smiley

Have you tried doggy booties for his paws? We had a dog that had problems from the ice and snow too, so we bought the booties. Worked pretty well, after he got use to them being on in the house.
Wandrin

10 years old Puppy

Post by Wandrin »

He is a handsome guy!
Oscar Namechange

10 years old Puppy

Post by Oscar Namechange »

He's a beauty R... Love love love big dogs and congrats on 10 years old.

Tomorrow Is boy dog, Mulder's Birthday and he'll be 16.

I baked him a cake... Flavour bacon, filling, bacon, topping, bacon, decs, bacon.

Happy Birthday Zeus.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

10 years old Puppy

Post by G#Gill »

I love German Shepherd dogs ! We adopted one from the RSPCA Animal Shelter when he was 8 years old and we thought that at that age and with no knowledge of his life up to then most people would fight shy of taking on such an unknown. We felt that he may never find a 'forever family'. But we had seen him and I said to my hubby that he had a 'kind eye' let's take a chance ! We did, and he became such a wonderful and gentle dog (except if he thought that there may be somebody trying to do his pack members any harm !). He always growled a warnng on the rare occassions that he had doubts, and we would take appropriate actions. He had been named Rex at the animal shelter, so we kept that name for him.

The only person he ever bit, and he didn't break the skin, was my adult son Andy and Andy admitted that it wasn't the dog's fault - he was just confused by all the strangeness of his surroundings and strange people making sudden movements, and it was on the first day that we had him ! We persevered with lots of TLC, walks and fun and good food - never tinned dog muck ! We fed him cooked chicken and cooked turkey with mixer biscuits (which he insisted he ate in a separate dish !). At 8 years old he was surprisingly easy to train to routines and he was naturally obedient, which helped ! We were also lucky that he was house trained, so we didn't have to worry about that !

Rex gave us about 8 years of love, loyalty and joy ! Yes I think German Shepherds are gorgeous !

Lady J. Your 'puppy' looks absolutely wonderful, sitting there on the weighing machine. Our Rex used to go straight into the Vet's room no hassles and straight onto the weighing machine, knowng that it was what he should do on these occasions! :wah:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

10 years old Puppy

I've had many a rescue In my time but this was one of the best behaved.

I rescued ' Wolfy ' back In the early 80's... dig those groovy flared denims...

He was just enormous but so well behaved and a dream to exercise.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

10 years old Puppy

Post by Chloe_88 »

Lady J;1448697 wrote: My Puppy ~~ Zeus!

Yesterday was his annual physical and it was determined his heart is strong, eyes bright, ears good, teeth white and no signs of hip or joint problems!

He has been having an issue with his paw (from all the ice and snow) and he did let the vet examine it and nothing serious.

Our vet was impressed cuz he is 10 years old and in great shape! I hope he lives forever :-4

Weigh in at 107.5 pounds!

He is beautiful! Congrats on the 10 years! :D

My mum's beagle just passed his annual physical. He is now blind in both eyes, he can only see light and dark most likely, he does have some fatty lumps which have been tested and are just fatty lumps..

For the rest he's in great shape.. he's 13, will be 14 in may.

Vet said: he hasn't ever seen beagles his age so fit, eventhough he is in great shape, the vet said to enjoy his company as much as possible as he is on borrowed time.

This is him (benny) in sept '13:

AnneBoleyn

10 years old Puppy

Post by AnneBoleyn »

These puppies & kittens, dogs & cats, enrich our lives so much. Inter-species communication. Love it!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

Snooz;1448702 wrote: That's a good looking little man, you obviously take great care of him.

Thanks Snooz...Yes he is my everything.

You should see him with my cat, Scooter. He is such a wimp! He will approach her, she hisses and he backs away! :wah:

Now how can you not love that face!

Attached files
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

Mustang;1448704 wrote: Beautiful pup you have there, Lady J. :yh_smiley

Have you tried doggy booties for his paws? We had a dog that had problems from the ice and snow too, so we bought the booties. Worked pretty well, after he got use to them being on in the house.

Thank you for the great suggestion Mustang but Z is not good with anything touching his paws. When the problem first showed up and I would try to see....he would mouth my hand and make all kinds of noises! Now with the medicine he hands me his paw! He is sooooo smart! He understands what makes him feel better.
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

Wandrin;1448709 wrote: He is a handsome guy!

Thanks Wandrin for the comment!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1448711 wrote: He's a beauty R... Love love love big dogs and congrats on 10 years old.

Tomorrow Is boy dog, Mulder's Birthday and he'll be 16.

I baked him a cake... Flavour bacon, filling, bacon, topping, bacon, decs, bacon.

Happy Birthday Zeus.

Whoa Hoa!!

Happy Birthday Mulder!!

16 is a Big age for a dog.

Let's have a party!!

Oscar....You must know what dogs luv! Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!!!

Have you ever seen a commercial for Beggin Strips and the dog runs around yelling "oh Boy It's Bacon!!!"

Beggin' Strips Commercial ITS BACON! - YouTube

Attached files
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

Chloe_88;1448721 wrote: He is beautiful! Congrats on the 10 years! :D

My mum's beagle just passed his annual physical. He is now blind in both eyes, he can only see light and dark most likely, he does have some fatty lumps which have been tested and are just fatty lumps..

For the rest he's in great shape.. he's 13, will be 14 in may.

Vet said: he hasn't ever seen beagles his age so fit, eventhough he is in great shape, the vet said to enjoy his company as much as possible as he is on borrowed time.

This is him (benny) in sept '13:

Gotta luv him Chloe....Benny is doing wonderful for his years and will love you and your mom and recovering dad! That is the magic of dogs! Luv the images of him! Benny looks quite happy running around!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

G#Gill;1448712 wrote: I love German Shepherd dogs ! We adopted one from the RSPCA Animal Shelter when he was 8 years old and we thought that at that age and with no knowledge of his life up to then most people would fight shy of taking on such an unknown. We felt that he may never find a 'forever family'. But we had seen him and I said to my hubby that he had a 'kind eye' let's take a chance ! We did, and he became such a wonderful and gentle dog (except if he thought that there may be somebody trying to do his pack members any harm !). He always growled a warnng on the rare occassions that he had doubts, and we would take appropriate actions. He had been named Rex at the animal shelter, so we kept that name for him.

The only person he ever bit, and he didn't break the skin, was my adult son Andy and Andy admitted that it wasn't the dog's fault - he was just confused by all the strangeness of his surroundings and strange people making sudden movements, and it was on the first day that we had him ! We persevered with lots of TLC, walks and fun and good food - never tinned dog muck ! We fed him cooked chicken and cooked turkey with mixer biscuits (which he insisted he ate in a separate dish !). At 8 years old he was surprisingly easy to train to routines and he was naturally obedient, which helped ! We were also lucky that he was house trained, so we didn't have to worry about that !

Rex gave us about 8 years of love, loyalty and joy ! Yes I think German Shepherds are gorgeous !

Lady J. Your 'puppy' looks absolutely wonderful, sitting there on the weighing machine. Our Rex used to go straight into the Vet's room no hassles and straight onto the weighing machine, knowng that it was what he should do on these occasions! :wah:

Ahhhh Gill...You have experienced the richness of a GS. I am partial to them cuz of their intelligences and loyalty. My Z does the same thing in the vet's office...he wonders all the round....as much as my lead lets him and his favorite spot was on the weighting machine! :wah:

thanks for sharing Gill....enjoyed seeing this!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1448714 wrote: I've had many a rescue In my time but this was one of the best behaved.

I rescued ' Wolfy ' back In the early 80's... dig those groovy flared denims...

He was just enormous but so well behaved and a dream to exercise.

Gotta luv them Oscar! Wolfy looks like part Sheppard?

That would explain why he was a dream to exercise.....Zeus is all play even at his age!
Lady J

10 years old Puppy

Post by Lady J »

AnneBoleyn;1448723 wrote: These puppies & kittens, dogs & cats, enrich our lives so much. Inter-species communication. Love it!

Anne I just wish we could all get along like this.....Sigh.

Lady Jj
Oscar Namechange

10 years old Puppy

Lady J;1448747 wrote: Whoa Hoa!!

Happy Birthday Mulder!!

16 is a Big age for a dog.

Let's have a party!!

Oscar....You must know what dogs luv! Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!!!

Have you ever seen a commercial for Beggin Strips and the dog runs around yelling "oh Boy It's Bacon!!!"

Beggin' Strips Commercial ITS BACON! - YouTube That's hilarious.

We do have some bacon flavoured treats In the UK for dogs but Mulder and Rosie like the real thing better... they loved their cake today by the way.
tabby

10 years old Puppy

Post by tabby »

Good job, Lady J ... he's a beautiful dog!

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”