Sorry UK, no Aid for your flood victims... You're all far too rich

What's the weather like today?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

BRITAIN’S Disasters Emergency Committee today ruled out any involvement or help with the UK flooding tragedy, saying its remit was purely for “poorer countries overseas”.

t said it would not be broadcasting one of its appeals for donations to families and communities gripped by the crisis in the South and South West because its charitable objectives barred any action.

Only the Red Cross of its 14 members have offered to help, while another Oxfam said Britain was too rich to justify its aid.

Calls have grown for the DEC to intervene in the way it so famously did for foreign earthquake victims, but a spokesman said its hands were tied.

The DEC, which spent £32million last year, is an umbrella group made up of 14 UK charities which help provide clean water, humanitarian aid and medical care.

Disasters Emergency Committee and Oxfam rule out aid for flood victims as UK too rich | UK | News | Daily Express
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Spot the difference.......

Tsunami 2004

UK 2014
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gmc

Post by gmc »

Bruv;1447913 wrote: Spot the difference.......

Tsunami 2004

UK 2014

The tsunami victims aren't tory voters. Don't know about the home counties but you get the sense that in somerset they want to lynch cameron et al

Seriously though the level of deaths and destruction is just not on the same scale is it now.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

pfff... we'll send in help to the poor countries because it will make us "feel" better, but damn our own... Pfff...

Getting near to my grandma's house though.. Good thing he lives on the top of the hill I guess.

I read the dutch did send in huge water pumps though. Wonder where they think they can pump the water to....

Return to “Weather Station”