Can you find the cat?

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Get your magnifying glasses out and clean them well ...

Can you spot the cat?

jones jones

Can you find the cat?

Post by jones jones »

In front of the lady in bikini & white hat bottom right.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Way to go, JJ! You got it fast!! :-6

I wasn't able to find it ... I had look it up! :thinking:
YZGI

Can you find the cat?

Post by YZGI »

At the risk of being chastised.

I think I found some bare breasts. Top just left of center.
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Well if anybody could, you could! :yh_star
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What an awful looking beach! It reminds me of Brighton, England. Walking & sitting on rocks, not sand! Rocks! Who does that? & it is more crowded than a subway car during rush-hour! What beach is this, tabs?
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think I traced it to Capetown, S.Africa. Comments, JJ? Is the following in one of your countries languages?:

"Dankie vir jou mooi briefie. Die tannie, die takbokke en al my helpertjies is almal

blakend gesond en hulle laat weet dankie dat jy uitvra na hulle."
LarsMac

Can you find the cat?

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1447678 wrote: What an awful looking beach! It reminds me of Brighton, England. Walking & sitting on rocks, not sand! Rocks! Who does that? & it is more crowded than a subway car during rush-hour! What beach is this, tabs?

I agree. I was spoiled from living in South Florida, and having some wonderful Florida and Caribbean beaches at our disposal.

Even New Jersey and New York have nicer beaches than that. If I lived there, I would NOT be going to that "Beach" I just could not.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1447683 wrote: I think I traced it to Capetown, S.Africa. Comments, JJ? Is the following in one of your countries languages?:

"Dankie vir jou mooi briefie. Die tannie, die takbokke en al my helpertjies is almal

I think it is Afrikaans. I can read part of it, but some of the things I'm not so sure of.

First part is easy: "Dankie vir jou mooi briefie" -> "Thank you for your nice letter (or note)"

Something about everybody being healthy, and what about you?

Thank you for something something.. ????????

Where did you find that text Anne?
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I traced the language above to Afrikaans, & traced the photographer to the language. I don't know for sure, but had assumed the beaches there were sand. Why don't they move the rocks & replace it with sand? Rock beaches are so unpleasant!
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe, see you are here. Is Afrikaans based on Dutch?
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Well I did just find some info on that for you:

" The Cape Dutch dialects of Southern Africa have been standardised into Afrikaans, a mutually intelligible daughter language of Dutch[n 3] which today is spoken to some degree by an estimated total of 15 to 23 million people in South Africa and Namibia. "

Dutch language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a better quote in that article is:

" The largest legacy of the Dutch language lies in South Africa, which attracted large numbers of Dutch, Flemish and other northwest European farmer (in Dutch, boer) settlers, all of whom were quickly assimilated.[62] After the colony passed into British hands in the early 19th century, the settlers spread into the hinterland, taking their language with them. The earlier century-long isolation from the rest of the Dutch-speaking world made the Dutch as spoken in Southern Africa evolve into what is now Afrikaans. "
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I see you answered me already, Chloe!! Here is the link: wait a minute! The photographer, Dimka0o must be talented with languages! I traced him to Poland! peperonity.com/go/profile/3/dimka0‎

but, here is the original link to S. Africa: The Crazy Page

I had traced Zimka0o first to this page, don't remember how I did it, & now I wonder if the Beach is in Poland, not S.A. JJ could confirm if it is, I bet.
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Also found him on Russian site, writing in Russian. Native speaking Russian, not pigeon Russian.
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1447691 wrote: I see you answered me already, Chloe!! Here is the link: wait a minute! The photographer, Dimka0o must be talented with languages! I traced him to Poland! peperonity.com/go/profile/3/dimka0‎

but, here is the original link to S. Africa: The Crazy Page

I had traced Zimka0o first to this page, don't remember how I did it, & now I wonder if the Beach is in Poland, not S.A. JJ could confirm if it is, I bet.

Haha! cool it's a note from santa !

Now i understand better what the note said!

Bennie wrote santa a letter about asking for an x-box and an i-phone.

Santa replied, saying all was well also his helpers etc. Santa thinks bennie spends to much time on videogames and txt messages on his phone.

And because bennie was good this year, santa thinks it would be a better idea to bring him an outdoor toy, so bennie could spend more time playing outdoors!
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Narrowed it down. A S.African site picked up the picture as tabby did, but it appears the photographer lives in Poland & speaks fluent Russian. Beach more probably in East Europe than S. Africa.
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1447692 wrote: Also found him on Russian site, writing in Russian. Native speaking Russian, not pigeon Russian.

:wah:

I'd like to learn Russian one day.

I had 2 asylum seekers as babysitters (she was a eco professor and he was a math professor), they were Russian.

I remember the words, grape, wine, thank you, hello and goodbye in Russian.. that's about it :wah:

At that time I must have been only about 6 years old..

AnneBoleyn;1447694 wrote: Narrowed it down. A S.African site picked up the picture as tabby did, but it appears the photographer lives in Poland & speaks fluent Russian. Beach more probably in East Europe than S. Africa.

You're a real Miss Marple! :D
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

Ohh a bit off topic... but after G & J were aloud to stay in Holland and moved, I stayed at Mama Ruslan's place.

She was from Russia too. OMG the things she cooked! I had no idea (still don't) what it was, but it was the best food ever!

Mum wasn't very happy.. Mama Ruslan would feed me so much at lunchtime that I couldn't eat dinner at home ! :wah:
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Okay, there is another Dimka, Dimka0, he is Polish, but the photographer is Dimka0o, & he is Russian. Now it makes sense to me that the beach pictured is in the Soviet Union (I still call it that sometimes---in my neighborhood we have a Russian restaurant (actually almost every restaurant is Russian, & they call it Back in the USSR
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe_88;1447695 wrote: :wah:

I'd like to learn Russian one day.

I had 2 asylum seekers as babysitters (she was a eco professor and he was a math professor), they were Russian.

I remember the words, grape, wine, thank you, hello and goodbye in Russian.. that's about it :wah:

At that time I must have been only about 6 years old..

You're a real Miss Marple! :D

Yeah, (I mean Da) it's all those Nancy Drew, Girl Detective books I read as a kid! I must be turning into an old biddy noseyparker like Ms. Marple, peeking out behind the lace curtains! Thanks for the compliment, this was fun!
Chloe_88

Can you find the cat?

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1447698 wrote: Yeah, (I mean Da) it's all those Nancy Drew, Girl Detective books I read as a kid! I must be turning into an old biddy noseyparker like Ms. Marple, peeking out behind the lace curtains! Thanks for the compliment, this was fun!

Haha! you're welcome! and yeah this was fun!!
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS--The people have that desperate Russian look.

One time I was at my local beach, also called 'Brighton Beach' where most of the Russians from Odessa live. It's the main population there now, this is the neighborhood right next to mine. Anyhoo, this American Russian woman had her Babushka mother visiting from the Homeland (I'm sure she overstayed her visa & is now collecting Social Security, that's what all the old ones do; on Food Stamps, Medicaid)-----anyhoo, so they bring a CAT onto the beach & I'm speaking to the daughter & she tells me her ma just HAD to see the cat on the beach, so the daughter complied.

Proof Positive!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS, PS

The Russians have tried to re-name Brighton Beach 'Little Odessa' & have gotten away with it. It's UNofficial, but you will find it on tourist maps, etc.

That did not go over well with the natives, even though most of them are children & grandchildren of Immigrant Russians from the early 20th Century.
along-for-the-ride

Can you find the cat?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

jones jones;1447649 wrote: In front of the lady in bikini & white hat bottom right.

JJ, can you find the beach? :wah:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

lol ... I had no idea where the beach was, AnneBoleyn but I'm glad you were able to track down the information! The only rocky beach I've ever visited was in Rhode Island. I prefer the soft sandy ones!
jones jones

Can you find the cat?

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1447683 wrote: I think I traced it to Capetown, S.Africa. Comments, JJ? Is the following in one of your countries languages?:

"Thank you for your nice letter. The auntie, the reindeer and all my little helpers are very healthy and they say thank you for asking."

No this sure as hell ain't a South African beach. I shall post a thread with some beaches.

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Time for a new one!

Bryn Mawr

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1504854 wrote: Time for a new one!

Yes, that's excellent :-)
AnneBoleyn

Can you find the cat?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Found it! Won't say it yet, but I'm a cat finder, because I love all cats, especially my own 2. :-D
Bryn Mawr

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1504874 wrote: Found it! Won't say it yet, but I'm a cat finder, because I love all cats, especially my own 2. :-D

'Twas the second place I looked but the camouflage is very good.
Ahso!

Can you find the cat?

Post by Ahso! »

It's either behind the cross or on top of the curtain rod, right?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Can you find the cat?

Post by spot »

It's obviously in the microwave.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Ahso!

Can you find the cat?

Post by Ahso! »

BTW, Tabby, I had you tagged for a log cabin with one large living area with a fireplace and a smaller, yet still large bedroom.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1504882 wrote: It's obviously in the microwave.

Nah - no kids in the picture :-)
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Ahso!;1504888 wrote: BTW, Tabby, I had you tagged for a log cabin with one large living area with a fireplace and a smaller, yet still large bedroom.

:) It took me a few moments to realize what you're talking about! The "Find the Cat" photo isn't in my house ~~ it's just a random photo floating about in cyberspace!

I don't have a log home but I think I could adjust nicely!

Ahso!

Can you find the cat?

Post by Ahso! »

That's pretty much what I envisioned.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
G#Gill

Can you find the cat?

Post by G#Gill »

Hey, I just found that cat ! It's up a branch-like thing in Minks's avatar ! You check it out ! :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

[img]" alt="" />[/IMG]
Bruv

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bruv »

Got them both.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

Both?? Uh oh ... I only saw one!
Bruv

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bruv »

tabby;1506035 wrote: Both?? Uh oh ... I only saw one!

One in each photo
spot

Can you find the cat?

Post by spot »

I hate to say this but there are actually two in that last photo.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bruv »

You are teasing us aren't you ?
spot

Can you find the cat?

Post by spot »

I'm sure you know me far better than that.
tabby

Can you find the cat?

Post by tabby »

I only see the one and feel lucky to have found that! I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't looking specifically for it. I can't find a second one ... it may be magnifying glass time.
spot

Can you find the cat?

Post by spot »

Up some and right a little.
Bruv

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1506053 wrote: Up some and right a little.

Is it in shadow ?

And I have enlarged it as big as I can already
spot

Can you find the cat?

Post by spot »

It's got a tree behind it, if that helps.
Ahso!

Can you find the cat?

Post by Ahso! »

I can find only one cat.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bruv

Can you find the cat?

Post by Bruv »

spot;1506057 wrote: It's got a tree behind it, if that helps.

It doesn't.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”