Flying Cars Reportedly Still Decades Away

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

SEATTLE - It's a frustrated commuter's escapist fantasy: literally lifting your car out of a clogged highway and soaring through the skies, landing just in time to motor into your driveway.

Researchers stress that the ultimate dream — an affordable, easy-to-use vehicle that could allow regular people to fly 200 miles to a meeting and also drive 15 miles to the mall — is still probably decades away.

But engineers at NASA (news - web sites), Boeing Co. and elsewhere say the basis for a flying car is there. People have been building, or trying to build, such vehicles for decades.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Can you imagine the accidents? I bet a "fender bender" turned into a "blade bender" would be something you wouldn't walk away from.

So, how do I fly this thing while talking on my cellphone, putting on makeup, drinking my coffee, eating my snack, and chatting with my friends?

It will also bring into focus the lack of maintenance most people perform on their cars? Oil low? Who cares! Oops. Wait. I'm flying at 3000 feet, I do care.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Science”