God will not return until we admit that we cannot love him just as he cannot love us.

Gnostic Christian Bishop

God will not return until we admit that we cannot love him just as he cannot love us.

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

That would kill our free will.

If we collectively admitted that truth, we could create the end times and elect a new God the way Jesus did via reinterpretation of the law.

St. James said that faith must be shown by works and deeds to be true faith.

I say that those same conditions apply to love. Love must be shown by works and deeds to be true love. Love must be expressed this way from both parties as reciprocity is a sign of love and is also a high moral tenet. Love to be a true love must be shown somehow and God cannot ruin man’s free will by doing so.

Do you agree?

Part two.

We all have a system of governance that we follow be we believer or atheist. Believers will name their system God non-believers will be (name of political party). We all give the mental tag or name of (Ideal) to whatever God or political system we all follow.

In terms of moral leadership, even atheists and the weirdest fundamental will have an Ideal in governance that he will follow. We all love our Gods as an Ideal. So to speak.

If the bible and St. James are correct, not only is it impossible for God to love us, --- it also means that none of us can have a reciprocal relationship with our various beloved Gods, and that means we cannot ever truly love God.

Do you agree?

If you agreed, then what are we all going to do about that truth? Are we ready to stop living the lie that we can have a relationship with a God who cannot ever do so?

If so, should we elect a new and real live God figurehead to love? That is what Jesus said would happen.

I will have to choose the honest route and admit that this clip is speaking truth and that God has broken his covenant with man and all the Abrahamic based religions. He did so because he had no choice.

God on Trial: The Verdict - YouTube

Jesus knew this and that is why he took the right hand of God. He was to be God’s last taste of sacrificial blood sacrifice. This is how Final Judgement is returned to men and women.

All we need do is step up and take it as Jesus did.

Are you ready for this? Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli - YouTube

Are you ready to name your God, --- “I am”, and mean yourself?

If so, and a large enough number are, then world peace and prosperity is at hand. More importantly, --- we all gain the personal relationship we crave with God. All you need do is choose now as the end time, do the deeds and works required to unify the rest of the elect, and you are there and so would be God.

Regards

DL
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Your Bishopsty ... Whilst I appreciate the trouble you have gone to bring these words to us .... Be advised that the Chosen does not in any form, shape or whatever concur with your treatise ...

The facts sir and nothing but the facts ...

Which are that there is and never has been a God ...

He was invented to explain how, where & when ...

Anyone with half a brain in the 21st C who still believes in a God ... well ...

As for the bible ... a work of fiction written by the Catholic Church for their own reasons
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

God left? Really? I just talked to Him this morning....

But seriously, I don't want to create the "End Times." Humanity is pushing forward, curing diseases, fighting poverty and war, there's a really bright future ahead. Why quit now? If life is God's greatest gift, shouldn't we be concerned with living more of it and making it more enjoyable and peaceful for everyone?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

jones jones;1444672 wrote: Your Bishopsty ... Whilst I appreciate the trouble you have gone to bring these words to us .... Be advised that the Chosen does not in any form, shape or whatever concur with your treatise ...

I agree that none has ever showed up and that to believe that the bible God exists would be quite stupid.

That aside.

If you do not want to sound as foolish as those who say there is a God, then you should rephrase and rid your language of it's logical fallacy.

You will sound more exact and accurate.

Regards

DL
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Would you care to explain this in more detail captain?

"If you do not want to sound as foolish as those who say there is a God, then you should rephrase and rid your language of it's logical fallacy."
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Saint_;1444673 wrote: God left? Really? I just talked to Him this morning....

But seriously, I don't want to create the "End Times." Humanity is pushing forward, curing diseases, fighting poverty and war, there's a really bright future ahead. Why quit now? If life is God's greatest gift, shouldn't we be concerned with living more of it and making it more enjoyable and peaceful for everyone?

No argument against for sure but if the religious and the brighter non-believers got their act together to elect a new Ideal to lead us, peace and prosperity would follow in quick order.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

jones jones;1444680 wrote: Would you care to explain this in more detail captain?

"If you do not want to sound as foolish as those who say there is a God, then you should rephrase and rid your language of it's logical fallacy."

Aye mate but let me be lazy, I am a two finger typist, and save us both some time.

Argument from ignorance [mirror] - YouTube

Regards

DL

P.S. I am please that my critique did not piss you off.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444682 wrote: Aye mate but let me be lazy, I am a two finger typist, and save us both some time.

Argument from ignorance [mirror] - YouTube

Regards

DL

P.S. I am please that my critique did not piss you off.

Sergeant ... The Chosen is equally lazy yet he is tolerant of all opinions whether or not that differ from his own or nay ... A for YouTube ... Ptooie!! I spit on it and do NOT watch it so alas I am no wiser than before.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Can you be wise and also religious?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1444700 wrote: Can you be wise and also religious?

Yes, I think you can.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

jones jones;1444672 wrote: Your Bishopsty ... Whilst I appreciate the trouble you have gone to bring these words to us .... Be advised that the Chosen does not in any form, shape or whatever concur with your treatise ...

He was invented to explain how, where & when ...

Anyone with half a brain in the 21st C who still believes in a God ... well ...

As for the bible ... a work of fiction written by the Catholic Church for their own reasons

You're saying what is known to Christians as the "Old Testament" was written by the Catholic Church?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It was not God who broke the covenant.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

AnneBoleyn;1444742 wrote: Yes, I think you can.

I would say not. Following any religion without question does not suggest a person capable of thinking for themselves or rather willing to think for themselves.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1444744 wrote: You're saying what is known to Christians as the "Old Testament" was written by the Catholic Church?

I should rather have said "re-written" Annie to suit their own ends.

Apart from those books in which there are seemingly endless reverences to Abrahams ancestry etc, the old testament was an attempt to explain the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, earthlings and everything else on this planet.

Today we know better ... in fact the average primary school child knows far more about our universe than the wisest men of the old testament time did.

QED.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Those qualities are judgement calls that we all make of those we encounter.

The answer then can only be yes and no.

Religions, to my mind, relates to tribalism more than spirituality. Spirituality is superior to religiosity. I do recognize the benefits of tribalism.

A king can be wise and have a strong tribal nature but not be what we usually think of as religious.

I do not think that a religiously controlled person can be wise.

One must grow out of religion and into spirituality. Only the spiritual can be wise.

Something Joseph Campbell speaks to in this short clip.

Joseph Campbell--On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

Even as I make these statements, you should know that they are just speculations and I do have doubts in my own judgement, --- as all judgements of religiosity intensity and levels of wisdom are subjective.

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Maybe I'm confusing terms of religious & spiritual. And what precisely does 'wisdom' mean? It's hard to judge another. If their actions appear 'wise'----how can we judge another's inner thoughts?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1444754 wrote: It was not God who broke the covenant.

Would a creator God who made a love covenant with baby souls torture one for 6 full days before finally killing it? All because he was angry with King David.

You love that God. I hope your name is not David, or you might have to cheer your God on as he slowly kills your own son. Or wife or whoever. It is God's :-4 and justice.

:-5:-5:-5:-1:-1

Regards

DL
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

jones jones;1444763 wrote: I should rather have said "re-written" Annie to suit their own ends.

No. The Old Testament, as the Xians have named it, is Not different from the Hebrew version--Only in the way the chapters/books are divided. Except for this minor thing, they are identical, & not written by the Catholics.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

AnneBoleyn;1444778 wrote: Maybe I'm confusing terms of religious & spiritual. And what precisely does 'wisdom' mean? It's hard to judge another. If their actions appear 'wise'----how can we judge another's inner thoughts?

This Bishop speaks to those terms and perhaps putting spirituality back into religion.

Controversial retired bishop John Spong on religion. full sh - YouTube

Religions are a governance tool of Governments. The Noble Lie was never repealed.

Spirituality is the free man or spirit in you. It is also the spark of God within you. Both resent needing governance in the first place, --- from either Government or Religion. It is the seat of our morality and as Jesus says, the kingdom of God is within us.

You are I am if you choose to be.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The first problem with your opening line is that God has never left us. So, from where would God return?
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1444793 wrote: The first problem with your opening line is that God has never left us. So, from where would God return?

From behind the religions that have shielded the truth from your eyes for your coin.

To perhaps reawaken your spirituality.

Religions are a governance tool of Governments. The Noble Lie was never repealed.

Spirituality is the free man or spirit in you. It is also the spark of God within you. Both resent needing governance in the first place, --- from either Government or Religion. Our spiritual nature is the seat of our morality and as Jesus says, the kingdom of God is within us.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It is the religious pedants who have done more to separate Man from God than any other.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Why not? My experience has been religious folk tend to value and exercise wisdom.

jones jones;1444763 wrote: I should rather have said "re-written" Annie to suit their own ends.

Apart from those books in which there are seemingly endless reverences to Abrahams ancestry etc, the old testament was an attempt to explain the earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, earthlings and everything else on this planet.

Today we know better ... in fact the average primary school child knows far more about our universe than the wisest men of the old testament time did.

QED.

I would hope the average primary school child would know more of the Tanak (Old Testament) than you just demonstrated. Unfortunate, unless home schooled or sent to private school, it is unlikely.

Tanakh, to paraphrase others is a collection, library, Written by many over a long period of time. Many, if not most have more than one author, spanning a long period of time. This is not to mention alterations by scribes or other sources. On top of all that some is indecipherable.

Lest I forget, I am talking of the Masoretic Text, not something dug whole out of the sand.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1444778 wrote: Maybe I'm confusing terms of religious & spiritual. And what precisely does 'wisdom' mean? It's hard to judge another. If their actions appear 'wise'----how can we judge another's inner thoughts?

Forgive me for this comparison, but it was Karl Marx who said "religion is the opiate of the people".

Karl's problem with religion of the day it interfered with the concepts he promoted. That idea comes to me whenever I hear somebody knocking religion.

I don't see religion and spirituality as exclusive. Some people in our tradition want more than traditional rituals and look towards Hasidism, or Kabbalah etc. Then, many I suspect are just plain not that interested in either religion or spirituality.

Nobody is born wise. Usually we learn wisdom, usually form our elders. It is one thing to be know wisdom, another to act wisely.

We can only judge a person by his/her action, not on their heart or thoughts.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1444817 wrote: It is the religious pedants who have done more to separate Man from God than any other.

I would say the religious who push for converts instead of just living their religions and converting just by their example. If they have a better system, it will automatically grow if it is truly superior.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Who can rightly say what God cannot do?
Singh-Song

Post by Singh-Song »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1445085 wrote: I would say the religious who push for converts instead of just living their religions and converting just by their example. If they have a better system, it will automatically grow if it is truly superior.

Regards

DL

If people know about it. But how will they know if no-one tells them? And the notion of 'religious supremacy' was one spawned by the Abrahamic religions, the 'God's chosen race' mentality inherited from Judaism by Christianity and Islam to justify their own ends of forced conversion and religious genocide in every other culture that they came into contact with. Humanity as a whole always has, and always will, tend towards corruption and selfish aspirations, with individuals looking out for number one. As such, the world's largest religions didn't grow to their current size due to being truly superior, or being closer to the truth- they grew because they could either entice people with promises of rewards in this world (wealth, lower taxes etc.) and the next (heaven and the infinite pleasures of the afterlife), or by beating all those who worshipped other faiths into submission, committing cultural, religious and racial genocides and motivating the survivors to convert through fear.
Singh-Song

Post by Singh-Song »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1444799 wrote: From behind the religions that have shielded the truth from your eyes for your coin.

To perhaps reawaken your spirituality.

Spirituality is the free man or spirit in you. It is also the spark of God within you. Both resent needing governance in the first place, --- from either Government or Religion. Our spiritual nature is the seat of our morality and as Jesus says, the kingdom of God is within us.

Regards

DL

Your profile name implies that you're Christian; you cite the word of Jesus in the Biblical scriptures (in spite of also arguing in a few threads that only a fool would give even an ounce of credibility to the text you use to back up your own claims). Yet still you assert that neither governments nor religions should have any say in our spiritual lives. All well and good, and you're entitled to your opinions, but how is it possible to put this into practice? Every form of society, even the most anarchic cult conceivable, is still a form of government. Only a solitary hermit could escape governance- and given the limited terra nullius remaining on the surface of the planet, they could only escape being under the jurisdiction of a government in the real world by living in international waters or in the freezing wastes of Antarctica.

As for religion, what is religion? This can be best summarised as 'a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things', and by this token, religion is a trait which I believe is shared by all sentient, self-conscious individuals. Even the most adamant atheist's fierce opposition to the whole concept of sacred things, deities or spirituality of any kind still constitutes a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to them; and for even the most immovable agnostic, the mere notion of existence can be defined as a 'sacred thing', one which all must believe in to be truly sentient beings.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Mickiel;1445881 wrote: Who can rightly say what God cannot do?

Correct. No one can.

No one can speak for God yet so many including you do just that.

But that aside.

This O P is more about how you cannot love an absentee God as you cannot do the reciprocity that is a part of love.

You can write chapters on how you believe that God is not absentee but it is demonstrably so in the fact that he is not here making himself known.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Singh-Song;1445913 wrote: If people know about it. But how will they know if no-one tells them? And the notion of 'religious supremacy' was one spawned by the Abrahamic religions, the 'God's chosen race' mentality inherited from Judaism by Christianity and Islam to justify their own ends of forced conversion and religious genocide in every other culture that they came into contact with. Humanity as a whole always has, and always will, tend towards corruption and selfish aspirations, with individuals looking out for number one. As such, the world's largest religions didn't grow to their current size due to being truly superior, or being closer to the truth- they grew because they could either entice people with promises of rewards in this world (wealth, lower taxes etc.) and the next (heaven and the infinite pleasures of the afterlife), or by beating all those who worshipped other faiths into submission, committing cultural, religious and racial genocides and motivating the survivors to convert through fear.

It is a well known fact that the bible God is a God of war. That is why he was chosen by Rome as state religion. Crushing the opposition, right or wrong, is what Christianity is all about. Satanic morals. All the Abrahamic cults started that way. War is king to the Christian God. It is also why they killed their betters. The Gnostic Christians.

They will regret that bit as the thinking man's Christianity starts to awaken.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Singh-Song;1445915 wrote: Your profile name implies that you're Christian; you cite the word of Jesus in the Biblical scriptures (in spite of also arguing in a few threads that only a fool would give even an ounce of credibility to the text you use to back up your own claims). Yet still you assert that neither governments nor religions should have any say in our spiritual lives. All well and good, and you're entitled to your opinions, but how is it possible to put this into practice? Every form of society, even the most anarchic cult conceivable, is still a form of government. Only a solitary hermit could escape governance- and given the limited terra nullius remaining on the surface of the planet, they could only escape being under the jurisdiction of a government in the real world by living in international waters or in the freezing wastes of Antarctica.

As for religion, what is religion? This can be best summarised as 'a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things', and by this token, religion is a trait which I believe is shared by all sentient, self-conscious individuals. Even the most adamant atheist's fierce opposition to the whole concept of sacred things, deities or spirituality of any kind still constitutes a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to them; and for even the most immovable agnostic, the mere notion of existence can be defined as a 'sacred thing', one which all must believe in to be truly sentient beings.

I agree completely. Many will not as they live within their own parameters. I could have said small delusions.

"Yet still you assert that neither governments nor religions should have any say in our spiritual lives. "

They cannot know what it is except for what I tell them and show then through my actions. If they cannot know it, then they cannot directly have a say in it. They can try to guide and that is what they are paid and invented by us to do, but that is all. It is to each of us to internalise our laws, not to just lay down and accept what someone would force on us.

That is what Jesus suggested. Write the laws on your heart.

I am insulted by every form of governance that works on me. The fact that it has to means that I am not intelligent enough to be able to live without it. That means that my tribe is not either and that is a fundamental flaw. Expand that now to the whole world.

Those systems were invented to teach us and instead have slaved us to them as they continue to dumb us down.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1445974 wrote: Correct. No one can.

No one can speak for God yet so many including you do just that.

But that aside.

This O P is more about how you cannot love an absentee God as you cannot do the reciprocity that is a part of love.

You can write chapters on how you believe that God is not absentee but it is demonstrably so in the fact that he is not here making himself known.

Regards

DL

You have made yet another error in judging me; I do not believe God is here; I in fact have a thread, Living without God, which explains that. And one here called the times when it seems God is not here, where I state over and over again that he is not here.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Mickiel;1445987 wrote: You have made yet another error in judging me; I do not believe God is here; I in fact have a thread, Living without God, which explains that.

There you go. Speaking for a God that you cannot know.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1445989 wrote: There you go. Speaking for a God that you cannot know.

Regards

DL

I speak only for myself; in fact I challange you to find anywhere in these archives going back as far as you like, where I ever stated that I speak for God;

your judgement of me is fabricated and false; simply in error.
Singh-Song

Post by Singh-Song »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1445989 wrote: There you go. Speaking for a God that you cannot know.

Regards

DL

Can you know him? Can anyone? I thought that Gnostic Christians were supposed to believe that the Supreme God is beyond human knowledge. However, surely this leaves the whole faith in something of a quandary; If a God is completely unknowable by humanity, without exception, how would it be possible for a faith worshipping that God, or even acknowledging that God's presence, to exist? How could a logical, thinking individual have any confidence in that religion, any faith in that faith's teachings? The Gnostic scriptures are attributed to the Apostles; weren't they human? As such, doesn't one of the central tenets of your religion render the entirety of your own scriptures, and of Gnostic teachings and practices, fundamentally illegitimate? It just strikes me as somewhat, contradictory. Incohesive...
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

The idea of a BIG GOD (of the Universe) appeals to me. It seems to me that people of my own religion sometimes put to many restraints and limits on God, especially when I imagine the sheer size and complexity of just our little galaxy.

But I see no reason why an omniscient, all-pervasive, all-powerful being couldn't communicate with every single one of His creations, or interfere directly (if subtly and with finesse) in their daily affairs.

It certainly would explain some of the inexplicable trillions-to-one coincidences I've seen and lived through...

See what i mean about neural tissue? This is an image of the newest picture of dark matter in the large scale structure of the Universe....

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Singh-Song;1446090 wrote: Can you know him? Can anyone? I thought that Gnostic Christians were supposed to believe that the Supreme God is beyond human

knowledge. However, surely this leaves the whole faith in something of a quandary; If a God is completely unknowable by humanity, without exception, how would it be possible for a faith worshipping that God, or even acknowledging that God's presence, to exist? How could a logical, thinking individual have any confidence in that religion, any faith in that faith's teachings? The Gnostic scriptures are attributed to the Apostles; weren't they human? As such, doesn't one of the central tenets of your religion render the entirety of your own scriptures, and of Gnostic teachings and practices, fundamentally illegitimate? It just strikes me as somewhat, contradictory. Incohesive...

That may be because you are looking for history and finding myth.

You are supposed to internalise the myth to find God and that tells you what to believe of all the ancient writings.

How can God be beyond our understanding if we are to emulate him or her?

Are we to do things that seem immoral to us the way bible God does?

Christians say that God is unfathomable. Gnostic Christians do not. God and his morals can easily be understood when not thinking within the confines of faith or literalism.

The Gospel of Thomas 1/3 - YouTube

The beginning of this clip says it all. Reign over all means understand all to me. You may have some other view of that.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I personally don't know God, but I would like to. I think that would be quite something; to know him on a personal level; and I think its possible for humans now, but I just personally doubt that anyone now knows him personally. I am just supersticious in that area; I kind of get the sense that God is hiding himself personally from humans now.

And I got some of that sense from the bible.

I think God is real for sure, I don't doubt that; but I certainly don't believe that ANY religion on earth now represents him by HIS authority, just their own. I don't think God likes any religion that is on earth now. But that is just my personal opinion. And the people who do not believe in God now, I view even that as God's responsibility; they would NOT be like that if God did not allow it.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Saint_;1446094 wrote: The idea of a BIG GOD (of the Universe) appeals to me. It seems to me that people of my own religion sometimes put to many restraints and limits on God, especially when I imagine the sheer size and complexity of just our little galaxy.

But I see no reason why an omniscient, all-pervasive, all-powerful being couldn't communicate with every single one of His creations, or interfere directly (if subtly and with finesse) in their daily affairs.

It certainly would explain some of the inexplicable trillions-to-one coincidences I've seen and lived through...

See what i mean about neural tissue? This is an image of the newest picture of dark matter in the large scale structure of the Universe....

Why would a God bother hiding if he wants recognition and relevance to people?

Why not step up?

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Mickiel;1446103 wrote: I personally don't know God, but I would like to. I think that would be quite something; to know him on a personal level; and I think its possible for humans now, but I just personally doubt that anyone now knows him personally. I am just supersticious in that area; I kind of get the sense that God is hiding himself personally from humans now.

And I got some of that sense from the bible.

I think God is real for sure, I don't doubt that; but I certainly don't believe that ANY religion on earth now represents him by HIS authority, just their own. I don't think God likes any religion that is on earth now. But that is just my personal opinion. And the people who do not believe in God now, I view even that as God's responsibility; they would NOT be like that if God did not allow it.

A God of the gaps is a useless construct.

Regards

DL
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1446107 wrote: A God of the gaps is a useless construct.

Regards

DL

A gap without God is a useless space.

Peace.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Be kinder to your head.

Regards

DL
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1446106 wrote: Why would a God bother hiding if he wants recognition and relevance to people?

Why not step up?

Agreed. It is logical.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1446111 wrote: Be kinder to your head.

Regards

DL

Your tendency to insult people is bothersome to me; I will only tolerate it again for so long.
Singh-Song

Post by Singh-Song »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1446107 wrote: A God of the gaps is a useless construct.

Regards

DL

If God is infinite and omnipresent- or indeed, if you believe in the notion of 'space-time'- then there is no such thing as a 'gap'. The fabric of existence permeates all. Besides, you already said that; you don't need to do it again unless you're goading someone. And if you do deem your God to be nothing more than a human construct, why should there be any more cause to revere him than any other hand-crafted idol? Worshipping such a God would be just as illogical as worshipping Stonehenge; another human construct laid down by the ancients, its true cause or purpose beyond the knowledge of any human in the present day...
Singh-Song

Post by Singh-Song »

Saint_;1446113 wrote: Agreed. It is logical.

But why would an infinite, all powerful, all knowing God seek out recognition and relevance to us? Why would this be a pressing concern? Would any person in their right mind feel a pressing need to go out of their way to communicate and converse with bacteria or amoebae? Of course not. So why would God be mentally unstable enough to concern himself with us, unless we come to him?
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Singh-Song;1446142 wrote: If God is infinite and omnipresent- or indeed, if you believe in the notion of 'space-time'- then there is no such thing as a 'gap'. The fabric of existence permeates all. Besides, you already said that; you don't need to do it again unless you're goading someone. And if you do deem your God to be nothing more than a human construct, why should there be any more cause to revere him than any other hand-crafted idol? Worshipping such a God would be just as illogical as worshipping Stonehenge; another human construct laid down by the ancients, its true cause or purpose beyond the knowledge of any human in the present day...

I agree that there is no good reason to love and honor man made Gods.

Even the Godhead I found does not have such a need. If it had indicated it had I would have rejected it as a devil. Except I do not believe is such as they to are man-made.

Regards

DL

Return to “General Religious Discussions”