Stop moaning and make preparations.

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Aerial views show shocking scale of damage as Britain endures worst winter storms for 20 YEARS | Mail Online

Some awesome pics In link of storm damage to the UK and my home City of Brighton.

Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who's homes and business's have been destroyed by the flooding but It's this culture of blaming the government that hacks me off.

In this day and age, we get fairly accurate weather warnings and those flooded prior take preparations. Yet, some people are Insisting because they haven't been flooded before, the government should cough up.

Cameron may be a prick, but why Is this his fault ?

It's weather !!!!!!

All around the world, people cope with far worse storm damage and weather. Look at the snow In America right now, but no, If you're British, stand In a queue, tut, and blame the government.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You have to give The Mail credit for always having lots and lots of stunning photos. I love seeing all the swans. And this photo is particularly beautiful:

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Wow.

Oscar Namechange

Snooz;1443895 wrote: Wow.

Those swans are saying ' Where the **** has our field gone?

That very first pic In the link Is where I'm living. Very badly flooded here but we are quite rural. First time I've seen sheep swimming on what was a rugby pitch as I drove outside Bath the other day.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

This pic Is of Downtown Bristol just where Spot/Tyr lives.... click on pic to enlarge.

Pic curtesy of errrrrr my mate Julie

Attached files
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

You've been stalking spot again, haven't you. tsk tsk
Oscar Namechange

Snooz;1443898 wrote: You've been stalking spot again, haven't you. tsk tsk

Wonder If he's alright... he's such a delicate little soul.. I'd hate the thought of him being swept over the weir by a raging current.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

You know you've got all the doomsday preppers lurking. They think Niburu is on the horizon
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
gmc

Post by gmc »

Don't panic it has nothing to do with global warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/enviro ... jumbo.html

Climate change: this is not science – it’s mumbo jumbo

So that's all right then.

Just for the record nigel lawson was crap as a chancellor and I suspect even worse as an expert on this kind of thing. Sod experts you can look at the evidence yourself and make up your own minds

Haven't seen this but suspect it might be quite interesting to some.

Greedy Lying Bastards
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

looks like the Mississippi and the Missouri rivers every spring.

you folks don't get much flooding?

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

gmc

Post by gmc »

Wolverine;1443950 wrote: looks like the Mississippi and the Missouri rivers every spring.

you folks don't get much flooding?

Not on that kind of scale. Part of the problem is we have deforested most of the country and drained and built on what used to be natural flood plains so when the ground is saturated it has nowhere to go.

I kind of agree with oscar on this one. You have the spectacle of representatives from power companies being asked when power will be restored, they reply asap but we are still finding out which lines are down and where and they taken to task and told it's not good enough ad they should have been able to predict the future and know where. trees fall down and block the railways and people act as if the rail companies are just being vindictive and incompetent.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1443972 wrote: Not on that kind of scale. Part of the problem is we have deforested most of the country and drained and built on what used to be natural flood plains so when the ground is saturated it has nowhere to go.

I kind of agree with oscar on this one. You have the spectacle of representatives from power companies being asked when power will be restored, they reply asap but we are still finding out which lines are down and where and they taken to task and told it's not good enough ad they should have been able to predict the future and know where. trees fall down and block the railways and people act as if the rail companies are just being vindictive and incompetent.

But then you have the Exeter to Taunton line that floods every year because it's in a dip with no defences and, oh dear, there are people stuck on a train overnight - again.

Some things they cannot be held accountable for but others they can :-)
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1443985 wrote: But then you have the Exeter to Taunton line that floods every year because it's in a dip with no defences and, oh dear, there are people stuck on a train overnight - again.

Some things they cannot be held accountable for but others they can :-)

I do believe that In area's of repetitive flooding that affect railways and Motorways, It's Inexcusable and they need to re-Invest In Infrastructure of those area's, I agree.

Those unfortunate to have been flooded on previous occassions, heed weather warnings and take precautions.

Return to “People”