I can't believe....

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

I can't believe it has already been a year ago.. Feels like yesterday..

RIP Oscar..

Oscar - YouTube
Snooz

I can't believe....

Post by Snooz »

That's a beautiful tribute to him, I love your choice of song.
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

SnoozeAgain;1439055 wrote: That's a beautiful tribute to him, I love your choice of song.

Thanks Snooze. I can't take credit for it as my mum chose the music & pictures, I just helped putting it together.

Time does fly.. :(
tabby

I can't believe....

Post by tabby »

Lovely tribute, Chloe!
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

tabby;1439072 wrote: Lovely tribute, Chloe!

Thanks Tabby :)

I had a lovely dream of him last night.. :)
Arena

I can't believe....

Post by Arena »

My sympathy (and empathy)

Our best boy (Go-go) died 12 Feb. 2004.

We still cry but more and more they are tears of joy at what he gave us rather than tears of what we miss...

Arena
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

Arena;1439126 wrote: My sympathy (and empathy)

Our best boy (Go-go) died 12 Feb. 2004.

We still cry but more and more they are tears of joy at what he gave us rather than tears of what we miss...

Arena

Thank you, and what you've said is so true.. It just takes me a while :)

I'm glad to read Go-go has given you wonderful memories :)
Oscar Namechange

I can't believe....

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Very moving.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Arena

I can't believe....

Post by Arena »

Here's a pictutre of Go-go and family. I had to teach him to swim and he came to love the water...........

Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

Arena;1439239 wrote: Here's a pictutre of Go-go and family. I had to teach him to swim and he came to love the water...........

Great photo! :)
AnneBoleyn

I can't believe....

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe, your tribute to your beautiful dog was so moving I couldn't watch. Got all teared up, throat felt all lumpy. Still does! Am very sorry for your loss.
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

AnneBoleyn;1439267 wrote: Chloe, your tribute to your beautiful dog was so moving I couldn't watch. Got all teared up, throat felt all lumpy. Still does! Am very sorry for your loss.

Thank you Anne.. He was a wonderful friend.

Just to add in there.. the second picture (the one in the forrest) was 1 month after we got him, he was emaciated, shot through the ear and beaten.. The shelter said if he died within a week or 2, we could have our money back.. Within a couple of months you would've said there was never anything wrong with him.. He bounced back so well.

The thought just struck me; the last pictures of him in the bubble bath (for his hips) where taken like 3-4 months before he died.. He still looked so young in those pictures..

The thing is with Oscar, i've made peace with the fact that he is not with us anymore simply because he made it clear to us that it was his time to go. It still upsets me at times, I must admit..

The picture of him running through the frost hangs proudly above my kitchen door.
Chloe_88

I can't believe....

Post by Chloe_88 »

In my case it would be dog or cat.. But I think it says it all.

Just a Dog

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

Authored by Richard A. Biby
phiferindia

I can't believe....

Post by phiferindia »

Wow.... Great experiance here....
Environment friendly [link removed do not put it back] from phiferindia

Return to “Pets Animals”