hello

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
redspider

hello

Post by redspider »

Hello everyone!

New to forum. Would like advice. Is it safe to trim my hydrangea, for it is blocking sun

from my peony.
Týr

hello

Post by Týr »

We are, I foresee, about to have an innuendo masterclass.

Perhaps you could post photos, madam.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
fuzzywuzzy

hello

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

seasonly you can.
jones jones

hello

Post by jones jones »

Well it probably depends on how often you have trimmed your hydrangeas in the past and also the actual size of your peony.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

hello

Post by LarsMac »

I suggest moving your Peony
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

hello

Post by Oscar Namechange »

All Hydranga's can benefit from a good hard prune once a year around October after flowering has finished. Take down to just above an offshoot and It will be fine.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
jones jones

hello

Post by jones jones »

I don't think this post is actually about gardening ... or is it? Well this is Forum Garden, however ....

Compliments of Wikipedia: "A euphemism is a generally innocuous word or expression used in place of one that may be found offensive or suggest something unpleasant.] Some euphemisms are intended to amuse, while others use bland, inoffensive, and often misleading terms for things the user wishes to dissimulate or downplay. Euphemisms are used for dissimulation, to refer to taboo topics (such as disability, sex, excretion, and death) in a polite way, and to mask profanity. The opposite of euphemism roughly equates to dysphemism."
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Týr

hello

Post by Týr »

jones jones;1437523 wrote: I don't think this post is actually about gardening ... or is it?

The benefit of the doubt always stands with the newbie. It's a rule.

Beyond that, consider: although your mind is capable of extracting double entendre from the opening post, you have no good reason to believe the poster was aware of the possibility. I, on the other hand, was more than able by post #2 to guarantee that some people on this board would be making hay from it.
jones jones

hello

Post by jones jones »

Týr;1437527 wrote: The benefit of the doubt always stands with the newbie. It's a rule.

Beyond that, consider: although your mind is capable of extracting double entendre from the opening post, you have no good reason to believe the poster was aware of the possibility. I, on the other hand, was more than able by post #2 to guarantee that some people on this board would be making hay from it.

Of course ... But then you have the "Wow" factor have you not? Clever man. I am soooo impressed .... not.
Týr

hello

Post by Týr »

jones jones;1437530 wrote: Of course ... But then you have the "Wow" factor have you not? Clever man. I am soooo impressed .... not.

So long as the newbie ends up believing you're polite, all's well. Surely you can at least fool the newbies, JJ.
jones jones

hello

Post by jones jones »

Týr;1437538 wrote: So long as the newbie ends up believing you're polite, all's well. Surely you can at least fool the newbies, JJ.

Moi? The Chosen One? I am the epitome of politeness Sir... to oldies and newbies alike but naturally always with the proviso that I am afforded the same courtesy in return and am not hunted down, singled out and given any special treatment for past mistakes I made and for which I have apologised. Many people are by nature unforgiving; I am not among them. Even condemned murderers are sometimes paroled.

Whilst most of my threads here on Forum Garden are retro/vintage in content, in my dealings with members I hold no grudges, harbour no grievances of past hurts and often injustices perpetrated against me by anyone who may still be a member today.

Perhaps many of those I hurt feel the same ... I have no way of knowing.

As we speak the member known as Jj bears little or no resemblance to the person who began posting here in 2008. I have only a handful of cyber friends on FG and communicate with them mostly by way of threads in the Forums. I simply wish to post threads which are usually & mostly without much text as well as the odd one which bears my own stamp of eccentric quirkiness.

I am well aware that none of us can be liked by every person we come into contact with and it is for this reason I try not to interact with members who do not like me and who dislike what I post in my threads. I do not use the ignore button simply because even though I do not usually reply to threads posted by people who dislike me, I still read them if the subject matter interests me.

However I am not prepared to be insulted, belittled, threatened or given a cyber-slap across the face by anyone who erroneous believes I may a soft target and I will respond. I will if I choose, take on anyone in a cyber battle of wits and I will be armed to the teeth, believe me.

Dredging up their cyber past and using this as weapon against anybody is in my books not on. I am always up for a fair cyber fight as long as its "mano-a-mano" and about a thread or the reply to a thread and not personal.

I apologise to redspider for using her thread in such an off-topic way.
Týr

hello

Post by Týr »

Call that a "Wow" factor by all means. I'll forbear to offer alternative descriptions.
YZGI

hello

Post by YZGI »

I reckon that happens a lot with small peonies.
Oscar Namechange

hello

YZGI;1437553 wrote: I reckon that happens a lot with small peonies. Everyone trims their bush from time to time.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

hello

Post by Snooz »

I didn't know I was supposed to. :/
Oscar Namechange

hello

SnoozeAgain;1437571 wrote: I didn't know I was supposed to. :/ Well, you wouldn't want your Peony to shrivel up.

Return to “Gardening Forum”