Dog Park #1

Discussions about your pets!
Lady J

Dog Park #1

Post by Lady J »

Have you ever journeyed down a road whose aura captures you? The sensations engulf you? It exists to be your favorite as it connects you to some where special.

Is it the change in temperature, the dancing shadows of the trees, the winding of the narrow road, and the anticipation of adventure? I don’t have the answer but I have found such a road and it leads to the Dog Park.

Every dog knows this road and with its head out the car window, its nose collects every single scent and that feeling of freedom; uncontrollable happiness sends abundant joy radiating in every tail thump and spin around in the back seat!

We are off to the Dog Park.

A new life event is unfolding; today was my first day on the job as a Dog Park Attendant.

Come travel with me and experience what I am learning and what I have to share.

It begins here……RULE #1: The Dpk (Dog Park short language) is County owed and came with a set of rules. Too boring to go into but you will learn them as they are enforced. One thing that is enforced is your dog must have either a rabies tag, County dog tag (you can’t get that without a rabies certificate) or a Worthington dog park tag (for that you must have both, rabies and County tag). That is the fact, Jack…no acceptations to the rule as it protects the dogs and humans alike.

RULE #2: Yeah, this is a real dog park. This is an off-leash dog park so the Owners must monitor their dogs. We have the 6’ high chain link fences, stinky trash cans, Mutt Mitts, wresting, packing, chasing, barking, slobbering and a ton of dog fun. But not every day is a good day. Not every dog is having his/her day every day so there are fights, bites, blood, screaming and hollering. My job is not to monitor the dogs as much as to monitor their Owners. I sometimes wonder who should be the one on a leash.

Just a touch of what is to come and I hope you will join me at The Dog Park (Dpk) and learn things you thought you already knew!

This is a blog I have written about my life experiences as a dog park attendant. When my main job lacked in payment I found this as a part time job....a blessing.

I hope You will enjoy the read.

Lady J
jones jones

Dog Park #1

Post by jones jones »

We don't have dog parks where I live but it sounds like an interesting experience Lu.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Lady J

Dog Park #1

Post by Lady J »

:-4 thanks Baby for the comment.

It is a great concept and I am glad to be part of it!

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”