RIP Hanna Montana

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

She was a nice young girl, whom many parents liked as a role model for their female offspring.

Dashed on the rocks of new-found fame by the "New Miley Cyrus" in an attempt to destroy any remaining image of wholesomeness that may have plagued the young celebrity.

I really never even met the young Hanna, and from what I have seen recently, have no desire to meet her successor.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

How long is it since the last of the Hannah Montana series came out? Three years? She's fictional, she's in the past, she's not the actress who portrayed her.

Donny Osmond wrote five years ago about what's happened this month:I guarantee there will be many bumps in the road ahead. One of them, especially for somebody who acts and sings on her own TV show, is that your image becomes cryogenically frozen into a specific stereotype. Within three to five years, Miley will have to face adulthood. Fans grow up, and their youthful interests quickly dissolve. Her challenge will be overcoming the Hannah Montana stereotype. Miley's fans are not thinking about the fact that she will grow up too. As she does, she'll want to change her image, and that change will be met with adversity.

Miley Cyrus - The 2008 TIME 100 - TIME

... and this sums the problem up pretty well, as far as responsibility goes:

there are few bad directions to move in from the pointedly bland, agency-free life of a Disney starlet.

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/08/26 ... ntana-was/

Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Snooz

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Snooz »

I'm not the target audience, I don't have a family member that is and I've never seen the show but my general impression is that the entire family is pretty sleazy so her recent performance isn't particularly surprising. I AM surprised that she thought that tongue was in any way erotic or attractive.
tude dog

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1435150 wrote: She was a nice young girl, whom many parents liked as a role model for their female offspring.

Dashed on the rocks of new-found fame by the "New Miley Cyrus" in an attempt to destroy any remaining image of wholesomeness that may have plagued the young celebrity.

I really never even met the young Hanna, and from what I have seen recently, have no desire to meet her successor.

From what I know, you nailed it.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

SnoozeAgain;1435163 wrote: I'm not the target audience

That, I fear, was already apparent without being stated. You'd need a seance with someone from Disney to find out whether I qualify though. The entire notion of Disney is repugnant from start to finish.
gmc

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1435150 wrote: She was a nice young girl, whom many parents liked as a role model for their female offspring.

You do know she was not a real person don't you? Harry Potter isn't real either and I hate to ask what you think of batman:sneaky:
Snooz

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Snooz »

gmc

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by gmc »

I can never understand why people get so worked up about pop stars just don't listen to the music or watch them if it bothers you.
Snooz

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Snooz »

And stay out of religious threads if they bother you. Yeah yeah.
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

gmc;1435171 wrote: I can never understand why people get so worked up about pop stars just don't listen to the music or watch them if it bothers you.

I'm pleased to note that I've never, in so far as I know, seen an episode of Hannah Montana, heard a track from any associated CD or watched any video segment on which Miley Cyrus performs, though I did once buy a Hannah Montana merchandised guitar.
Bruv

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Bruv »

Týr;1435176 wrote: I'm pleased to note that I've never, in so far as I know, seen an episode of Hannah Montana, heard a track from any associated CD or watched any video segment on which Miley Cyrus performs, though I did once buy a Hannah Montana merchandised guitar.

Me neither.......................but then again I have no opinion about any of it.

Just don't care enough.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

Bruv;1435180 wrote: Me neither.......................but then again I have no opinion about any of it.

Just don't care enough.

On the other hand - though this may be the wrong thread to mention it - I've recently come across Jack Boner. Rarely have I been more impressed.

You would??

Hang on....

Nobody Loves a Fairy When She's Forty - YouTube
Bruv

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Bruv »

Týr;1435187 wrote: On the other hand - though this may be the wrong thread to mention it - I've recently come across Jack Boner. Rarely have I been more impressed.

You would??

I wouldn't personally......but feel free.

I am not easily swayed.
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

Bruv;1435189 wrote: I wouldn't personally......but feel free.
I'm no more capable of holding back on a post like that than I am of breathing underwater.
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

Týr;1435156 wrote: How long is it since the last of the Hannah Montana series came out? Three years? She's fictional, she's in the past, she's not the actress who portrayed her.

Donny Osmond wrote five years ago about what's happened this month:I guarantee there will be many bumps in the road ahead. One of them, especially for somebody who acts and sings on her own TV show, is that your image becomes cryogenically frozen into a specific stereotype. Within three to five years, Miley will have to face adulthood. Fans grow up, and their youthful interests quickly dissolve. Her challenge will be overcoming the Hannah Montana stereotype. Miley's fans are not thinking about the fact that she will grow up too. As she does, she'll want to change her image, and that change will be met with adversity.

Miley Cyrus - The 2008 TIME 100 - TIME

Well, she certainly has done that.

Týr;1435156 wrote:

... and this sums the problem up pretty well, as far as responsibility goes:

there are few bad directions to move in from the pointedly bland, agency-free life of a Disney starlet.

Miley Cyrus’ VMAs performance just goes to show how problematic Hannah Montana was | National Post

There is the school of thought that any change is an improvement, but I would argue that is not so.

It think she was trying to get on the same genre as Madonna and Lady Gaga, but failed miserably. [IMHO, of course] Those ladies actually have some class.

My only concern is that my 12-yr-old granddaughter was a big fan of the former ms Cyrus, and actually watched some of that new Ms Cyrus (before her mother could recover from the shock and shut it down.)

I see therapy in her future.
- DH Lawrence
along-for-the-ride

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by along-for-the-ride »

RIP Sally Field's Gidget

RIP Patty Duke's Patty from the Patty Duke Show

RIP Lucille Ball's Lucy Ricardo from I Love Lucy

Let's see, who else?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

along-for-the-ride;1435215 wrote: RIP Sally Field's Gidget

RIP Patty Duke's Patty from the Patty Duke Show

RIP Lucille Ball's Lucy Ricardo from I Love Lucy

Let's see, who else?

Well, yes, they are gone, too, but not dashed on the rocks of ambition with so much vulgar enthusiasm.
- DH Lawrence
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

LarsMac;1435206 wrote: There is the school of thought that any change is an improvement, but I would argue that is not so.
There is, I think, a worse scenario. Consider the alternative of Ms Cyrus continuing to act in aspic as Hannah Montana for the next sixty years. The prospect surely sickens. Drawing a line under her Disney career has to be healthy for her.
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

I have, by way of a distressing hour on Youtube, tracked down the cultural influence which gave rise to this performance. Ms Cyrus has been learning the Mapouka.

Dance Has Africans Shaking Behinds, and Heads - NYTimes.com
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

Týr;1435223 wrote: There is, I think, a worse scenario. Consider the alternative of Ms Cyrus continuing to act in aspic as Hannah Montana for the next sixty years. The prospect surely sickens. Drawing a line under her Disney career has to be healthy for her.

You make a good point, i fear. It would be sad if the young lady felt she only had the two choices:

To remain as she was, or to transform into something so vastly opposite that it destroyed all vestiges of the old.

That industry can be a vile beast.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Snooz »

Ryan Gosling was a Mouseketeer and he managed to transition into an adult with a successful acting career without acting like an idiot. It's possible.

AnneBoleyn

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1435163 wrote: I'm not the target audience, I don't have a family member that is and I've never seen the show but my general impression is that the entire family is pretty sleazy so her recent performance isn't particularly surprising. I AM surprised that she thought that tongue was in any way erotic or attractive.

I don't really care about Miley or anything she does or does not do, but I wanted to comment that I enjoyed Snooze's post above. Especially the tongue factor.
YZGI

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by YZGI »

Týr;1435223 wrote: There is, I think, a worse scenario. Consider the alternative of Ms Cyrus continuing to act in aspic as Hannah Montana for the next sixty years. The prospect surely sickens. Drawing a line under her Disney career has to be healthy for her.

Like Annette Funicello?
Týr

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Týr »

YZGI;1435325 wrote: Like Annette Funicello?

Good lord I used to walk out with a woman called Annette Funicello. What are the chances, eh?
YZGI

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by YZGI »

Týr;1435332 wrote: Good lord I used to walk out with a woman called Annette Funicello. What are the chances, eh?

The photos I've seen of you didn't resemble Frankie Avalon.
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

Well, yes, many former child stars struggle to put their past behind them and find a way to be taken seriously in an adult career. Many fail miserably, and never shed the past.

The young Ms Cyrus has manged to deliver the death blow to Hannah, and at this point, anything she does with her life will be an improvement.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1435334 wrote: Well, yes, many former child stars struggle to put their past behind them and find a way to be taken seriously in an adult career. Many fail miserably, and never shed the past.

The young Ms Cyrus has manged to deliver the death blow to Hannah, and at this point, anything she does with her life will be an improvement.

For an Alcoholic there is AA. Where can Ms Cyrus turn, especially since I hear her dad doesn't see a problem with her career move.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
gmc

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by gmc »

Christine aguuilera got the same criticism when she changed her image. Justin Timberlake did not. Britney spears got a lot of criticism as well. Talent will out no matter what.
K.Snyder

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by K.Snyder »

Miley Cyrus' performance is or is not as vulgar as the garbage shows that have taken the time slots of Hannah Montana?

Getting rid of the garbage currently shown to today's teenagers will relieve our anxieties about what these kids see when they reach the age of Miley Cyrus.
Bruv

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by Bruv »

Have we all seen this yet ?

AnneBoleyn

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What's up with the Outrage? Who really gives a f##k?
flopstock

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by flopstock »

Bruv;1435969 wrote: Have we all seen this yet ?

I liked this much better then the one I saw on TV that night.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Isn't she worth over a billion dollars? That bothers me more than anything else about her.
tabby

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by tabby »

YZGI

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by YZGI »

Bruv;1435969 wrote: Have we all seen this yet ?

No, I hadn't seen it but thank you..The song wasn't bad either.
gmc

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by gmc »

Well she's got you all talking about her so she probably has succeed in what she sat out to do.
LarsMac

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by LarsMac »

Sadly, I suspect that Hannah Montana stretched her talent to the breaking point.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

RIP Hanna Montana

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1436220 wrote: Sadly, I suspect that Hannah Montana stretched her talent to the breaking point.She really hasn't though. Listen to the new song without watching the video.

she just needs to be knocked upside the head a couple of times, she'd be fine.:lips:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”