Pool Safety

Peg

Pool Safety

Post by Peg »

They're talking on the news about pool safety. From the time my children could walk, they had no fear at all of the water which made me nervous. Some fear, or should I say respect for the water, is good. One thing I learned is this. Those rubber inflatable rings they make for kids, that they just step into, are dangerous. My son had his on, jumped in, and went face down in the pool. It held him down. Luckily, we were there every second they were near the pool, and got him out. If your child is going to wear one, make sure it is the kind that is open in the back so they can just shove it off. Practice with them getting it off. On top of this, even though they could swim when they were toddlers, we still made them take swimming lessons. With summer coming, remember, never take your eyes off of them for a minute.
lady cop

Pool Safety

Post by lady cop »

you are so right...i had a pool at my house, and never stopped worrying....they are considered by law an "attractive nuisance". have to have a locked fence.
john8pies

Pool Safety

Post by john8pies »

I have heard of several deaths by drowning of infants in swimming pools at the parents` home and would urge everybody to take all possible precautions and ensure safety is taken into consideration all the time.
Philadelphia Eagle

Pool Safety

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

It's State and Federal law in the USA that all home pools must have a locked fence surround.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
capt_buzzard

Pool Safety

Post by capt_buzzard »

We have lots of pools right now in our back yard. IRISH RAIN pools
robinseggs

Pool Safety

Post by robinseggs »

And this is really scary...I just read a news report about a mom that laid down to take a nap while her 3 yr old and 2 month old were napping. When she woke she couldn't find the infant. When she asked the 3 yr old, he (or she) told the mom that the baby wanted to go swimming. The infant was found to be drowned in a small kiddie pool in backyard! The article only stated that foul play had been ruled out, so I assume this was truly an accidental tragedy..... just one more angle I don't think I ever considered.
Nature laughs Last
Leroy M. Williams

Pool Safety

Post by Leroy M. Williams »

Well I was thinking that this thread is about some pool safety suggestion.. Anyhow I know its very old thread but i want to share that the pool alarms are best now for save our children from any accident. They are quite cheap and they alarm you by sound when alarm sensor feel any movement in water.
Týr

Pool Safety

Post by Týr »

I had no idea such devices existed. I wonder where I might buy one.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Oscar Namechange

Pool Safety

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Týr;1454220 wrote: I had no idea such devices existed. I wonder where I might buy one.

Safety Angel - Swimming Pool Alarm or Anti-Lost Alarm | eBay
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Kids Family”