It never fails to amaze me....

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Peru cocaine arrests: British girls claimed they were 'kidnapped' and 'forced' to smuggle drugs | Mail Online

Why parents, grandchildren etc etc when seeing their family get caught for the drug smuggling scum bags that they are, Insist time and time again that they are Innocent and some nasty anonymous gang or friends held them to ransom.

In this day and age of mobile phones, there Is no excuse to not be able to call family or the cops If they were being blackmailed In a foriegn land and screaming for help.

Now, what's the betting, the family will Insist our government steps In to get them out their ' Hellhole' and expects donations to pay for lawyers?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

That story is as old as the drug trade.

When I was in Majorca in 71, a guy tried to talk us into running some hash for him. He promised a lot of money. He told us it was no big deal. We could tell a story about being forced to carry the stuff, and they'd just let us go.

a couple of the guys we were hanging with fell for it. Most if us said 'no' and went on our way.

Jerry got caught. Last I heard from his parents in 84, he was still in a Spanish prison.

Roy was never heard from again. No idea what happened to him.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

LarsMac;1433542 wrote: That story is as old as the drug trade.

When I was in Majorca in 71, a guy tried to talk us into running some hash for him. He promised a lot of money. He told us it was no big deal. We could tell a story about being forced to carry the stuff, and they'd just let us go.

a couple of the guys we were hanging with fell for it. Most if us said 'no' and went on our way.

Jerry got caught. Last I heard from his parents in 84, he was still in a Spanish prison.

Roy was never heard from again. No idea what happened to him.

Thank goodness you were savvy enough Not to fall for It.

My husband watches a series of docs on Sky called ' Banged up Abroad' but It annoys the hell out of me. They are all guilty as hell but sit there whining about the conditions In some foreign hell hole.... tough.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

Good to see you still believe guilty if arrested no matter what the circumstances. Oh hang on you don't actually know the full story yet do you. Never mind lock them up anyway why waste time and money with trials we can all trust the police to always get it right.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1433697 wrote: Good to see you still believe guilty if arrested no matter what the circumstances. . No, not guilty If arrested.... guilty If caught with 1.5 million of Cocaine on them.
Oscar Namechange

Just about sums It up

JAN MOIR: Yes, their story might be true. But those silly drug girls were their own worst enemies | Mail Online
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I will run with the Jan Moir article........

My view? Quiet despair, number one. Deep alarm about their apparent lack of understanding as to the seriousness of their situation, number two. Head shaking incredulity at their folly and idiocy, number three.

I'll go with that.........................sums up many 19/20 year olds........nothing criminal so far.

The girls were photographed behind bars earlier this week, eating doughnuts and laughing together as if they hadn’t a care in the world.

Sounds right........being a 19/20 year old isn't a crime though.

The drug overlords who tempt and groom gullible mules like this pair are the real villains of the piece. In holiday towns across the globe, they comb the tourist intake for susceptible or vulnerable dupes who will do their bidding.

They have the cash too........and the time........and the thousands of 19/20 year olds to choose from.

We never hear of the clever ones of course.

When we saw these two young women laughing in jail, they seemed to have a very distant relationship with reality and consequence. Yes, they were heard screaming — but only when they found that the water in the showers was cold.

Maybe we should criminalise teenagers for being teenyfied.

I spent yesterday stripping wallpaper off a wall with two very pleasant teens girls, neither is top of the form, neither is flighty or silly.

They chatted about this and that, music, hair, boys, their mothers, their nails, church, school............and as I finished yet another wall to their little bit in the bottom right hand corner opposite me........I thought..........................bloody teenagers.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

gmc;1433697 wrote: Good to see you still believe guilty if arrested no matter what the circumstances. Oh hang on you don't actually know the full story yet do you. Never mind lock them up anyway why waste time and money with trials we can all trust the police to always get it right.

Sorry, but they definitely had the dope on them, so they were caught "red-handed" so to speak. Whether their story rings true or not, of course, is another matter.

I would say that the people moving drugs, these days, are a bit more sophisticated than this. To "force" young folks to try and sneak through customs seems, at best, risky.

Now days the mules swallow the stuff and carry it through to be "relieved" of it later.

This smells of amateur, all the way.

Not to say that there are not amateur gangs out there trying to get in the game.

Their story could be true, I reckon, but unless they can come up with some sort of proof, they are pretty much screwed.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

I agree with you about teenagers. I have spent a week calming down a neighbour trying to explain to her that her sons dippy behaviour Is perfectly normal for a 16 yr old who doesn't put any effort or thought Into his actions and not to be so hard on him.

But hang on.... these girls were supposed to have had guns put to their heads, forced onto planes, threatened, families threatened etc etc.

Anyone, teenager or adult would be absolutely terrified. That Is a major trauma, not something that you'd be laughing up the next day In Jail.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Why not just wait until the full story comes out before you judge. At best they have been very silly and are about to find out the consequences for it at worst they have been coerced. Oscar you've ben judged as a violent criminal without justification I would have thought that experience would make you more sympathetic and less inclined to rush to judgement. Clearly it hasn't.

We have celebrity drug and alcohol addicts that get held up as shining examples of someone coping with adversity everyone else is just a pathetic loser. One persons stupid mistake is either a stupid mistake, a fond memory in later life or a criminal act depending on the consequences or whether they get caught.

On the other hand they are both adult and responsible for their actions even the stupid ones but I'll wait for the whole story before I decide.
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1433728 wrote: Why not just wait until the full story comes out before you judge. At best they have been very silly and are about to find out the consequences for it at worst they have been coerced. Oscar you've ben judged as a violent criminal without justification I would have thought that experience would make you more sympathetic and less inclined to rush to judgement. Clearly it hasn't.

We have celebrity drug and alcohol addicts that get held up as shining examples of someone coping with adversity everyone else is just a pathetic loser. One persons stupid mistake is either a stupid mistake, a fond memory in later life or a criminal act depending on the consequences or whether they get caught.

On the other hand they are both adult and responsible for their actions even the stupid ones but I'll wait for the whole story before I decide.

I still believe they were fully aware of what they were doing and I don't believe for a minute that they were kidnapped and threatened or their families threatened.

It doesn't stack up. For one, laughing It up In prison the day after you have been caught when to be kidnapped, threatened and a gun put to your head etc etc Is a traumatic experience for anyone. For two, If the story that the barons threatened their families was true, the first thing anyone would ask on getting caught Is ' Are my family OK '? From Interviews with the lawyers, It appears neither of them did this.

For three, one of them posted on facebook that they had met a man from London who was a bit dodgy. the police now know him to have a history of drug smuggling. So If you are In a position to post on facebook In Ibiza that you have met some dodgy geezer, you are In a position to ask for help and make contact with police and family.

It's more likely this dodgy geezer police are now looking at did Indeed set them up but they are not children. They may well be Immature and easily duped but you don't get a not guilty verdict for stupidity.

And no. Grabbing the collar of some foul mouthed yob and throwing his bike In the road Is not a violent criminal despite those who write on forums wishing It to be. The evidence being simply, you dont get a discharge from the judge If you are.... so ner.

Seeing as you brought It up:

Top Lawyer Nick Freeman to Defend Woman Charged Over Alleged War Memorial Yob Assault - Freeman & Co Solicitors
Oscar Namechange

So...

They have guns put to their heads, threatened and their families threatened and on arriving In Peru, they go on a three day shopping spree In a taxi laughing and joking.

Peru drug mule girls went on 'three-day shopping spree' | Mail Online

Oh yeah , they must had been absolutely terrified...:wah:
Oscar Namechange

'Yes, I'm guilty': Ibiza drug mule Melissa Reid to admit smuggling cocaine - for six-year jail term (and she'll be out in three) | Mail Online

Return to “People”