Very articulate young man

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

The video really speaks for itself.

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The video really speaks for itself.
Well, yes, it does.

It says that if you go out, looking for trouble, you'll find it.

I don't really see the point in antagonizing police officers, just to make a point.

They have enough to do, and are far too volatile to screw around with. (IMHO)

Yeah, I have a right to walk around in a lot of placed with my .44 strapped to my hip, but there are neighborhoods where the residents don't realize that, and I'm just inviting trouble by doing so.

I have better things to spend my time on than arguing the second amendment with cops.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I just wonder when a 'Right' crosses over to become a 'Wrong' ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

With rights come responsibility.

I think that is too often forgotten.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I think it's just nuts carrying around a gun anyway ...........but good on him he is doing what he's allowed to do .
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

fuzzywuzzy;1432886 wrote: I think it's just nuts carrying around a gun anyway ...........but good on him he is doing what he's allowed to do .

I think he's a troublemaker, trying to provoke & cause disruption. Not impressed.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

How can he be a troublemaker if he's not doing anything wrong? if the law states he's doing what is legal then what do the police have on him? why stop him?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1432894 wrote: How can he be a troublemaker if he's not doing anything wrong? if the law states he's doing what is legal then what do the police have on him? why stop him?

Where I live, folks carry a lot, and none of the locals give it a second look.

But if we are going down to Denver, we leave our guns at home, or concealed, as a guy carrying a gun in Denver tends to make people nervous. And nervous people call the police to report a guy walking around with a gun.

Then the police have to respond and see what is up. Then they have to write a report to explain what the found when they made contact. And they like to know why a guy is walking around with a gun, anyway.

I think this guy knew he would get stopped when he strapped up and walked outside.

That, is "looking for trouble"
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well there you have it, stop making ridiculas laws if people aren't happy with the outcomes. He has still not violated any law.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

fuzzywuzzy;1432900 wrote: Well there you have it, stop making ridiculas laws if people aren't happy with the outcomes. He has still not violated any law.

I don't think anyone ever accused him of breaking any laws.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

He's been stopped under suspician. hence?
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1432897 wrote: Where I live, folks carry a lot, and none of the locals give it a second look.

But if we are going down to Denver, we leave our guns at home, or concealed, as a guy carrying a gun in Denver tends to make people nervous. And nervous people call the police to report a guy walking around with a gun.

Kinda sounds like here, except open carry is not a common sight.

If being an idiot about it, one could and should be cited for disturbing the peace.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Again how are you disturbing the peace if you are going along your lawful way .....if people are worried change the law . The coppers left him alone in the end everyone else should too . You can't have it both ways
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

fuzzywuzzy;1432918 wrote: Again how are you disturbing the peace if you are going along your lawful way .....if people are worried change the law . The coppers left him alone in the end everyone else should too . You can't have it both ways

OK fine, I see somebody acting in a way which concerns me.

Then he attacks me.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I agree with LM & TD. The fact that he was "armed" with the law & "armed" with a recording device shows, to me anyway, that he was deliberately looking for the situation so he could film it & make his point. Childish, IMO; cruisin' for a bruisin' & was lucky to find a reasonable officer to deal with. No harm done, I'm just not impressed with his efforts.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

AnneBoleyn;1432924 wrote: I agree with LM & TD. The fact that he was "armed" with the law & "armed" with a recording device shows, to me anyway, that he was deliberately looking for the situation so he could film it & make his point. Childish, IMO; cruisin' for a bruisin' & was lucky to find a reasonable officer to deal with. No harm done, I'm just not impressed with his efforts.

You nailed it, Anne.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

AnneBoleyn;1432924 wrote: I agree with LM & TD. The fact that he was "armed" with the law & "armed" with a recording device shows, to me anyway, that he was deliberately looking for the situation so he could film it & make his point. Childish, IMO; cruisin' for a bruisin' & was lucky to find a reasonable officer to deal with. No harm done, I'm just not impressed with his efforts.

I have no problem with those who want to normalize open carry. I am all for it.

Just don't be a jerk about it.
gmc

Post by gmc »

What a sick country where people think it OK or even necessary to carry a weapon. My attitude is any sick bastard that wants to be armed with a deadly weapon really needs to be taken off the streets. In this country people like him are regarded as dangerous lunatics. What are you all so afraid of?
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1432950 wrote: What a sick country where people think it OK or even necessary to carry a weapon. My attitude is any sick bastard that wants to be armed with a deadly weapon really needs to be taken off the streets. In this country people like him are regarded as dangerous lunatics. What are you all so afraid of?

All those nutters with guns ?
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1432952 wrote: All those nutters with guns ?

Exactly.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

gmc;1432950 wrote: What a sick country where people think it OK or even necessary to carry a weapon. My attitude is any sick bastard that wants to be armed with a deadly weapon really needs to be taken off the streets. In this country people like him are regarded as dangerous lunatics. What are you all so afraid of?

Thank you for that broad and inaccurate generalization.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Becoming like Chicago or any other large city in America where the overlords prohibit the free exercise of one's Constitutional and inalienable right to bear arms.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Unfortunately GMC due to the society we have become, a society largely bereft of honor and respect, common courtesy and the "golden rule" for our fellow citizens and in many ways life itself Tude is only being prudent and rightly so.

What are we so afraid of? Simply put, the American standing next to us.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Scrat;1432966 wrote:

The guy with a gun you mean ?

Who was it said "We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Scrat;1432966 wrote: Unfortunately GMC due to the society we have become, a society largely bereft of honor and respect, common courtesy and the "golden rule" for our fellow citizens and in many ways life itself Tude is only being prudent and rightly so.

I am sorry, but that America is in the minds of the paranoid.

Even the worst neighborhoods in the US are safer that many entire countries.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1432969 wrote: I am sorry, but that America is in the minds of the paranoid.

Even the worst neighborhoods in the US are safer that many entire countries.

Every time I go to my favorite fishing hole I pass a house where a farmer was murdered in his own home. It was done in broad daylight by a couple of guys on a road trip. The road trip, in their minds was considered employment. Pass a farm house, looks vacant, break in and loot. Simple enough, unless owner comes home.

So fine, paint me paranoid.

Who is hurt as me and millions of other citizens are armed?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Unless they have changed the law, in illinois it is illegal to record the police. Wonder what the deal is in the state he was in.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

tude dog;1432973 wrote: Every time I go to my favorite fishing hole I pass a house where a farmer was murdered in his own home. It was done in broad daylight by a couple of guys on a road trip. The road trip, in their minds was considered employment. Pass a farm house, looks vacant, break in and loot. Simple enough, unless owner comes home.

So fine, paint me paranoid.

Who is hurt as me and millions of other citizens are armed?

I certainly don't care if you're armed or not. I get that stuff happens. I carry a gun on occasion, and have yet to actually harm anyone, except some guy that tried to rob me, who lost a piece of foot for the effort.

I simply disagree with Scrat's appraisal.

Most of the society I wander in is still quite honorable and we we have a healthy respect for each other.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

flopstock;1432984 wrote: Unless they have changed the law, in illinois it is illegal to record the police. Wonder what the deal is in the state he was in.

In Illinois, I can see that being the case. I think that came about after the Chicago '68 fiasco

This guy was in Portland, Maine. Maine has no such law.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1432984 wrote: Unless they have changed the law, in illinois it is illegal to record the police. Wonder what the deal is in the state he was in.I don't know if the law has been changed yet, but it's been found to be a violation of free speechThe U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal of a controversial Illinois law prohibiting people from recording police officers on the job.

By passing on the issue, the justices left in place a federal appeals court ruling that found that the state's anti-eavesdropping law violates free-speech rights when used against people who audiotape police officers.

Supreme Court rejects plea to ban taping of police in Illinois - Chicago Tribune
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Scrat;1432966 wrote: Unfortunately GMC due to the society we have become, a society largely bereft of honor and respect, common courtesy and the "golden rule" for our fellow citizens and in many ways life itself Tude is only being prudent and rightly so.

What are we so afraid of? Simply put, the American standing next to us.Broad generalizations.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Irrelevant. It's a right. It's legal. It is in and of itself completely harmless.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Accountable;1433143 wrote: Irrelevant. It's a right. It's legal. It is in and of itself completely harmless.

Oh dear.....................No problem then.............carry on.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Bruv;1433146 wrote: Oh dear.....................No problem then.............carry on.
I agree. Thank you.
johnmont

Post by johnmont »

Accountable;1432833 wrote: The video really speaks for itself.

pathetic fool!Mour my ass.Bet he recognizes his citizenship when he uses his food stamps.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

johnmont;1433241 wrote: pathetic fool!Mour my ass.Bet he recognizes his citizenship when he uses his food stamps.

Oh no, johnmont, he needs his food stamps. It's all those others who are "welfare cheats"
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

johnmont;1433241 wrote: pathetic fool!Mour my ass.Bet he recognizes his citizenship when he uses his food stamps.

AnneBoleyn;1433263 wrote: Oh no, johnmont, he needs his food stamps. It's all those others who are "welfare cheats"

:confused:

Return to “People”