Red Neck Day, Racist?

tude dog

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by tude dog »

One would think considering the history of the United States the election of a our (first?) Black, Negro, African American would be something to celebrate.

To bad we elected Barack Hussein Obama II who seems hell bent on making race issues a crisis, something to create which should never go to waste.

Can't give that Barack guy all the credit. It would be unfair to not give his lapdog Eric Holder his share of shame.

Feds investigate Redneck Day at Arizona high school, have nothing better to do

The U.S. Department of Education has officially opened an investigation into allegations that an Arizona high school’s campus-wide “Redneck Day” amounted to a federal civil rights violation.

The kerfuffle giving rise to the investigation arose back in May at Queen Creek High School on the outskirts of Phoenix. The student council hatched a plan to energize students for prom week that included a faculty adviser-approved “Redneck Day.” The point was to dress like – and spoof – “Duck Dynasty,” an A&E reality TV show which follows a wealthy, eccentric Louisiana family.

RED NECK DaY
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Racism by definition Is a hatred for another based of colour of skin, country of origin and even religion so how can a lifestyle be racist?

We call them Chavs here.

Urban Dictionary: chavs

How Is a Red Neck different to White Trailer Trash ?

They are lifestyles, not race, colour, creed so It can't be racist.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Wandrin

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Wandrin »

The term "red neck" dates back to Scotland in the 1600s and was used in the early US colonies as a term of derision for the Scots immigrants in English colonies. It had something to do with the Bishops War and the red scarves the rebels wore around their necks.

So, if it is a derisive term, we can blame England and Scotland for it. :-3
LarsMac

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by LarsMac »

Well, there was an accusation of racism, and I suppose the feds have to follow up with an investigation.

I will wait to see what the investigation turns up before sharpening my pitchfork.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Accountable

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Accountable »

Nah, they don't have to follow up with an investigation. How many accusations must they get? I'd say in the thousands every year.

This is Chicago politics. The whole Obama administration is saturated in the stink of corruption.
gmc

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by gmc »

I think you need to remember your history even the bits you might like to pretend never happened.

Redneck day - is that really any different from having a black history day or native american day?
Oscar Namechange

Red Neck Day, Racist?

gmc;1432459 wrote: I think you need to remember your history even the bits you might like to pretend never happened. Redneck day - is that really any different from having a black history day or native american day? Ironic that the UK has a Black Pride Day yet a White Pride day Is dismissed as racist.

UK Black Pride joins forces with Pride in London | Gay Star News
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Snooz »

We used to call it Sadie Hawkins Day and we'd dress up in our Southern California interpretation of hillbilly clothes. I don't remember anyone having a problem with it
Snooz

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Snooz »

Here's an example from the 50s:

tude dog

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by tude dog »

We had "Mass Paddy Day"

Last day of a semester, especially at the end of the school year.

It was a time for coloreds to jump white kids after school, as if that was any different than any other day.

Always cool to have a race riot at school, faculty hiding behind locked doors.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Ahso!

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Post by Ahso! »

tude dog;1432476 wrote: We had "Mass Paddy Day"

Last day of a semester, especially at the end of the school year.

It was a time for coloreds to jump white kids after school, as if that was any different than any other day.

Always cool to have a race riot at school, faculty hiding behind locked doors.Ah! I see!

Web therapy, anyone?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Red Neck Day, Racist?

Attached files

Return to “Social Human Rights”