Thanks for our freedoms

Bruv

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Bruv »

Russia's lower house of parliament, the Duma, has passed a law imposing heavy fines for providing information about homosexuality to people under 18

Some of the world is going forward, the rest is going backward.

It is hard to know..............sometimes........which is which.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Scrat

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Scrat »

Going backwards or holding their own standards? It's common knowledge that as a whole the MAJORITY of Russians do not approve of homosexuality, mainly due to family oriented issues which in themselves are definitely not irrelevant to them for many reasons. Who are we to tell them what to do?

I do think that in a couple generations the Russians will come along with the rest of the world but not in the near future.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Going forward ? You're having a laugh. The UK becomes more of a police state every day.

Police State UK: The Rights You Didn’t Know You’d Lost | Scriptonite Daily
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1429644 wrote: Going forward ? You're having a laugh. The UK becomes more of a police state every day.

I shall repeat then.........It is hard to know..............sometimes........which is which.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

Bruv;1429650 wrote: I shall repeat then.........It is hard to know..............sometimes........which is which.

You can say that again.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by gmc »

Scrat;1429633 wrote: Going backwards or holding their own standards? It's common knowledge that as a whole the MAJORITY of Russians do not approve of homosexuality, mainly due to family oriented issues which in themselves are definitely not irrelevant to them for many reasons. Who are we to tell them what to do?

I do think that in a couple generations the Russians will come along with the rest of the world but not in the near future.

It always comes back to the same question how does allowing homosexuals and others the right to pursue their lives as they wish so long as it does not impact on others etc prevent the religious from following their own religion or way of life? You never get a rational answer do you?

posted by oscar

Going forward ? You're having a laugh. The UK becomes more of a police state every day.

That's a bit rich coming from someone who wants to see the european court of human rights "interfering" in british justice.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

gmc;1429736 wrote:

posted by oscar

That's a bit rich coming from someone who wants to see the european court of human rights "interfering" in british justice. Don't know where you've got that from.

I've always posted that I want UK courts and UK appeal court to deal with UK Issue's and not be over-ruled by the ECHR...
Scrat

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Scrat »

Take a look at this.

You Be The Jury: Should boys be able to wear makeup in school? - The Dori Monson Show - MyNorthwest.com

Martin's two moms think the school shouldn't dictate gender roles. They started an online petition to get the school to teach LGBT history, host gay-straight alliance clubs, and allow boys to wear makeup just like girls.

Remember when they taught reading writing and arithmetic in school? Science? How about wood shop and metal shop? What about the basics. Do we need to teach LGBTQ history in school now?

Damn, kids get dummer every year, look at what kids do on the streets of cities and towns all over England. Does it really need to be made worse?

I think it's a smart move by the Russians, they are not as far down the "dumbing down" track in education as the west is by far. There you're actually required to learn something in most places on a daily basis.

As for the boy in that article, he's going to have a tough life, real tough.
Bruv

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1429795 wrote:

I've always posted that I want UK courts and UK appeal court to deal with UK Issue's and not be over-ruled by the ECHR...
And there is NO higher authority............................just in case ?

It used to be god or conscience or the wise man of the village, the world is now a big village.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

Bruv;1429800 wrote: And there is NO higher authority............................just in case ?

It used to be god or conscience or the wise man of the village, the world is now a big village. It undermines the very core of UK legal system.

You can be tried by Jury and appeal again right up to the high court.

The majority who go further right up to the Grand Chamber of the ECHR tend to be those who have no regard for UK law In the first place and exactly why we are stuck thus far with the likes of Abu Qatada.
Bruv

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1429809 wrote: It undermines the very core of UK legal system.

Or gives it another layer of protection......................I wonder who signed up for it to start with ?
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

Bruv;1429817 wrote: Or gives it another layer of protection......................I wonder who signed up for it to start with ? No, It gives an outlet for those who have no regard for British Law courts and British Appeal Courts.
gmc

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by gmc »

oscar;1429795 wrote: Don't know where you've got that from.

I shouldn't post things when I am tired. That shpuld have been

That's a bit rich coming from someone who wants to see and end to the european court of human rights "interfering" in british justice.

The reality is only in a tiny percentage of cases does the european court rule against the british government.

posted by oscar

It undermines the very core of UK legal system.

You can be tried by Jury and appeal again right up to the high court.

The majority who go further right up to the Grand Chamber of the ECHR tend to be those who have no regard for UK law In the first place and exactly why we are stuck thus far with the likes of Abu Qatada.

Bollocks. Have a look at some of the cases will you.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

gmc;1429867 wrote: I shouldn't post things when I am tired. . You get tired a lot don't you ?
AnneBoleyn

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1429881 wrote: You get tired a lot don't you ?

It's all the beer. At least that's my excuse! :wah:
gmc

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by gmc »

Whether I do or not I still know the difference between weather and whether.

I'm fed up of posting links for you so you can check out the so called facts you seem so fond of. If you are insane enough to believe that British justice can always be trusted and that it is acceptable that you cannot take some government agencies to court then I can understand why you think the European courts and human rights act are a bad idea.
gmc

Thanks for our freedoms

Post by gmc »

Whether I do or not I still know the difference between weather and whether.

I'm fed up of posting links for you so you can check out the so called facts you seem so fond of. If you are insane enough to believe that the european courts always decide against the UK and that British justice can always be trusted and that it is acceptable that you cannot take some government agencies to court then I can understand why you think the European courts and human rights act are a bad idea. You perhaps also think the police should just be able to arrest the guilty people and not bother with time wasting trials.

If Tony Blair is ever out on trial it won't be a British court that does it it will be the european court of human rights. For that reason alone I would want it in place.
Oscar Namechange

Thanks for our freedoms

You can say that again.

Return to “Societal Issues News”