Obama to name Comey as FBI Director

Discuss the latest political news.
tabby

Post by tabby »

I've been following this man's career since the 1990s when he was a lead federal prosecutor in Virginia and I was on a year long federal grand jury. I hope the rumor is true and this nomination goes forward. He's worth a second look and I don't think we've heard the last from him.

Obama to name Comey as FBI director - Richmond Times Dispatch: National & World News
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1428435 wrote: I've been following this man's career since the 1990s when he was a lead federal prosecutor in Virginia and I was on a year long federal grand jury. I hope the rumor is true and this nomination goes forward. He's worth a second look and I don't think we've heard the last from him.

Obama to name Comey as FBI director - Richmond Times Dispatch: National & World News

Interesting fellow - I can see why he came to gain respect :-

Comey was the lead federal prosecutor in the Richmond division of the Eastern District of Virginia from 1996 to 2001 and helped develop Project Exile, a program to aggressively prosecute gun-toting felons arrested by police.

Because of that, he left Richmond with substantial credit for the city’s marked reduction in gun slayings and a reputation as an aggressive, talented and innovative prosecutor.

Atlynox

Post by Atlynox »

I am absolute for this new FBI Director.

I hope he has the law between his legs like the heroes of our (forgotten) protectors in the late 1860's.

I'am afraid these days everybody is too digital an too afraid of the fellow world!

The hungry wolves barricades and deceives all of our Americans with their icy isolatotion tools. Ipads, tv-blur, nothingness and promises of a brave new world.

The clever FBI-educated man knows it will work and so will 2000 of our poor educated (but l......ooove money) politicians. The FBi an NSA and of course Chan4 never will make a threath to our pleasant way of life,...never dit...and never will! (Or we just don't care about what is right and what is right)
tabby

Post by tabby »

I thought I had posted about Mr. Comey a few years ago and I was able to find the thread. I got a chuckle out of my last sentence in the OP ~~~~~> "I don't think we've heard the last from him."

Who knew??? I certainly didn't and I doubt he did either!

Where will he go from here? Up? Down? Sideways??

Still watching!
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I recall reading your op.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Current Political Events”