If your not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Its really a case study in human nature to observe people who pretend not to be interested in God. Like the Atheist who frequent religious message boards every single day, but hide their obvious interest and give lame excuses for their attraction to God and religion. Or the agnostic, who seems stuck in the middle of nuetral. Its hard to even count the number of Atheist in the world, because so many of them are in the closet and don't tell the public, and most stat keepers just don't care how many Atheist there are anyway.

But they certainly keep their interest in God in the closet.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

My idea of 'god' probably isn't the same as yours and, no offense, I'm really NOT interested in your God... the bearded accountant in cloudland that keeps a tally of your sins... which come to think of it, sounds a lot like Santa Claus.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

SnoozeAgain;1419760 wrote: My idea of 'god' probably isn't the same as yours and, no offense, I'm really NOT interested in your God... the bearded accountant in cloudland that keeps a tally of your sins... which come to think of it, sounds a lot like Santa Claus.

Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested. Your sarcasm and insults toward God are a common way for the closet interested to respond; those who use that approach think it gives the impression that they are not interested. That trick is transparent and I see through it; you are interested in God, its a closet interest, and every Atheist who post here has it.

And I am going to prove that in this thread.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

With all the failures of religion and its obvious confusion, many people who are really interested in God, are turned off by religion. But they maintain their interest. This is a growing group, and in my view, interest in God cannot be killed by the errors in religion; that's just an Atheist hope; the failures of religion is a favorite Atheistic propaganda - they will magnify any religious stupidity and any increase in their own ranks.

Interest in God is a living thought in the consciousness, that's " Why" some Atheist have trouble hiding it and are inwardly ashamed of it; they secretly know its there. Interest in God is a strange recurring dream to the Agnostic.
gmc

Post by gmc »

You rather miss the point. An atheist is not someone who is not interested in god and religion rather they are usually people who are, or at some point have been, very interested and after much study and contemplation have come to the conclusion that they do not believe god exists and that following any of the established religions or any of the not so well established is not for them. Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities or even of one and only god. Since the bible is rejected by atheists as being the word of god quoting bits from it is not much of an argument. Most religious people - at least those who post on forums like this, don't like debating with atheists because they usually find they are talking to people who know a great deal about religion and can quote the bible back at them and they can't handle having all the inconsistencies and contradictions pointed out to them. Many religious people who post on forums like this do not even know their biblical history, who wrote it, what bits were deliberately left out of what we call the new testaments and why and when reference is made to the non secret meeting when the decisions were made and all the various debates that went on about it and get rather upset and go away convinced it is all some conspiracy theory cooked up to destroy the credibility of religion.

Your basic premise that atheists hide an interest in god is nonsense. Rather curious as to why you think they are afraid to come out of the closet - could it be because you live in a community where they would be persecuted by a religious majority?

Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested. Your sarcasm and insults toward God are a common way for the closet interested to respond; those who use that approach think it gives the impression that they are not interested. That trick is transparent and I see through it; you are interested in God, its a closet interest, and every Atheist who post here has it.

And I am going to prove that in this thread.

You're talking bollocks, I doubt very much you would find any atheists on this forum who would deny a interest in god or religion. What they have decided is that it is a load of bunkum. As you rightly point out if they weren't interested they wouldn't bother reading posts about religion, usually it's in the forlorn hope of being able to discuss something they find of interest with an individual or individuals that don't throw their toys out the pram if someone disagrees with them. When it really comes right down to it to be religious you have to be irrational so perhaps throwing a tantrum is only to be expected. That was sarcasm by the way in case you weren't sure.:)
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Mickiel: sarcasm yes, insults... unintended. And if you bother to look, I very VERY seldom post in the religious section of this forum. I just happened to see your silly post on the front page or I never would have read it.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

SnoozeAgain;1419773 wrote: Mickiel: sarcasm yes, insults... unintended. And if you bother to look, I very VERY seldom post in the religious section of this forum. I just happened to see your silly post on the front page or I never would have read it.

Explain to me why you are reading what you consider " Silly"; I think that's an excuse your using to hide your attraction and interest.

Atheist are " Closet minded", they hide their true interest in God. Like the excuse that they " Used to be in religion, now they are out"; yes out, but still interested; and with most Atheist, I think its an intense interest in God. There would be no Atheism if God did not exist; there would be no Atheism without Theism; the Atheist existence depends soley on God and religion. I already know and understand that, so no Atheist can hide their interest or " Excuse away their interest" from me; so I can see this stuff in them; it pours out like sweat.

One of the real reasons that Atheist dog religion, is because they fear it and God, perhaps more than most religious people do. Atheist " Pay attention" to God and religion intensely and with a dedication. That's why they will eventually make good believers, they already are " Following God", just in a negative vein.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mickiel

I'm always learning - I find other beliefs interesting - I don't want your belief or others pounded into me - I will still have my own belief.

But - I don't believe your in any position to rattle out slander to get your point across.

You feel strongly in your belief - a Atheist feels strong also and so and so and so on..

I don't think your God would be pleased with labeling - I'm in a closet.

I will pray for you:wah:

Patsy
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419763 wrote: Your here, your reading religious messages, your interested.

"Your thread title, "if your not interested in God, then why are you so interested ? " is not a religious message, its an invitation. If your arrogance cant see that, you should steer clear of open forum and stick to preaching to those that care about YOUR religion because that's what it is, YOURS

eta.... It seems the "fear" you allude to is yours and not atheists. Its why you have asked the question
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Patsy Warnick;1419783 wrote: Mickiel

I'm always learning - I find other beliefs interesting - I don't want your belief or others pounded into me - I will still have my own belief.

But - I don't believe your in any position to rattle out slander to get your point across.

You feel strongly in your belief - a Atheist feels strong also and so and so and so on..

I don't think your God would be pleased with labeling - I'm in a closet.

I will pray for you:wah:

Patsy

The pounding you speak of is one of the errors in religion, I disagree with it myself. And I hold no interest in slander, I am making a point in thread; and asking a question of those hypicritical unbelievers in God. Not in religion. You admit to interest in other beliefs, I often wonder if Atheist are so interested in other beliefs, then why are they so interested? They flock around message boards like flies and swarm religious sites with no end, but yet some claim not to be interested in God, which I think is a serious lie.

Unbelief is the other side of belief, and not as seperate as we are lead to believe.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419784 wrote: "Your thread title, "if your not interested in God, then why are you so interested ? " is not a religious message, its an invitation. If your arrogance cant see that, you should steer clear of open forum and stick to preaching to those that care about YOUR religion because that's what it is, YOURS

eta.... It seems the "fear" you allude to is yours and not atheists. Its why you have asked the question

I am not a religious man, I am not in any religious group, nor church, I walk alone in my belief- you have made a serious common misjudgement. I am not arrogant I am accurate; and your attempt to silence me is worthless, I will continue to post in thread, and I welcome your interest in topic.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1419771 wrote:

You're talking bollocks, I doubt very much you would find any atheists on this forum who would deny a interest in god or religion. What they have decided is that it is a load of bunkum. :)

Now if your interested in God, explain to me why that interest is not an acknowledgement of his existence? And don't give me that interest in myths crap, explain why your interest is not a conformation of existence?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419787 wrote: I am not a religious man, I am not in any religious group, nor church, I walk alone in my belief- you have made a serious common misjudgement. I am not arrogant I am accurate; and your attempt to silence me is worthless, I will continue to post in thread, and I welcome your interest in topic.

As usual your quickness in defending yourself indicates a defensiveness. You havent addressed my post. You didnt offer a religious message, you offered an invitation. You are calling out the non-believers here, not the other way round. Why do we trouble you so much ?

Winston Churchill
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419789 wrote: As usual your quickness in defending yourself indicates a defensiveness. You havent addressed my post. You didnt offer a religious message, you offered an invitation. You are calling out the non-believers here, not the other way round. Why do we trouble you so much ?

Its no trouble, I like banging on Atheism as much as you like banging on Theism. Its my priviledge, no bother at all. I understand that Atheism is a myth, based totally on myths and dependant on myths; and constantly using myths in its weak defense against God. And I address what interest me in post on my threads. Atheism is a danger to our way of life, to our children, to our government; and I like announcing that that. This is no invitation, its a confirmation of truths.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419790 wrote: Its no trouble, I like banging on Atheism as much as you like banging on Theism. Its my priviledge, no bother at all. I understand that Atheism is a myth, based totally on myths and dependant on myths; and constantly using myths in its weak defense against God. And I address what interest me in post on my threads. Atheism is a danger to our way of life, to our children, to our government; and I like announcing that that. This is no invitation, its a confirmation of truths.

There you go again. You will never be taken seriously without consistence.

The question mark after your thread title indicates an invitation. Not a conformation of truths. Well your truths. The rest of this quoted post makes little sense and therefore is a less than weak proposition for an argument.

A cursory check of the dictionary will guide you to a definitive meaning of Atheism. Changing the meaning arbitrarily will do nothing for your skewed stance.

If that is all you have to offer up as an arguement, derision is all your going to get in return

Winston Churchill
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419795 wrote: There you go again. You will never be taken seriously without consistence.

The question mark after your thread title indicates an invitation. Not a conformation of truths. Well your truths. The rest of this quoted post makes little sense and therefore is a less than weak proposition for an argument.

A cursory check of the dictionary will guide you to a definitive meaning of Atheism. Changing the meaning arbitrarily will do nothing for your skewed stance.

If that is all you have to offer up as an arguement, derision is all your going to get in return

I am looking for absolutely nothing in return from Atheist on this thread; and I could care less who takes me serious. Most Atheist are private about their Atheism, in other words they are closet Atheist; I understand that, such is their right. I honor the two here who have at least admitted their interest in God, because most Atheist have closet interest in God. Private interest, too embarrased to admit they think about God everyday. And my stances are not skewed; I am again curious; what are you doing reading the views of a skewed person?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419797 wrote: I am looking for absolutely nothing in return from Atheist on this thread; and I could care less who takes me serious. Most Atheist are private about their Atheism, in other words they are closet Atheist; I understand that, such is their right. I honor the two here who have at least admitted their interest in God, because most Atheist have closet interest in God. Private interest, too embarrased to admit they think about God everyday. And my stances are not skewed; I am again curious; what are you doing reading the views of a skewed person?

There you go again. A refusal to accept that a question mark is an invitation. I am here by invitation. Without it you do not have a conversation. You are talking to the wall.

Good luck with that cos the only answers you will get are your own.

You will learn very little that way

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419788 wrote: Now if your interested in God, explain to me why that interest is not an acknowledgement of his existence? And don't give me that interest in myths crap, explain why your interest is not a conformation of existence?

By your logic there must be doubt about your faith. With such an acknowledgement, an interest in the workings of the atheist, there must be a confirmation in the logic their non-belief.

Just following your logic

Winston Churchill
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419800 wrote: There you go again. A refusal to accept that a question mark is an invitation. I am here by invitation. Without it you do not have a conversation. You are talking to the wall.

Good luck with that cos the only answers you will get are your own.

You will learn very little that way

I disagree with you, I am not talking to a wall and I will receive views on this thread; you have only to look at my other threads here which confirm the interest I get in post. Thousands of people show interest in my threads, including you. You have made another serious error in judgement, trying to state my learning is limited, when it is not.

Open your eyes and see the interest in my threads.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419801 wrote: By your logic there must be doubt about your faith. With such an acknowledgement, an interest in the workings of the atheist, there must be a confirmation in the logic their non-belief.

Just following your logic

You have made another serious error in your judgement; I have no faith. I have no faith to have doubt in. Your errors are mounting the more you open your mouth.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mickiel

are you in the closet? are you atheist?

Is there a point to this thread? or are you after a tally # on who believes in a God?

Patsy
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1419788 wrote: Now if your interested in God, explain to me why that interest is not an acknowledgement of his existence? And don't give me that interest in myths crap, explain why your interest is not a conformation of existence?

I'm also interested in the harry potter books and the lord of the rings and stories about the little people at the bottom of the garden - That doesn't mean I believe that they actually exist. I'm also interested in UFO's. I'm satisfied there is something there but as to what I reserve judgement.

Atheism is a danger to our way of life, to our children, to our government; and I like announcing that that. This is no invitation, its a confirmation of truths.

People like you demand tolerance and the right to freedom of religion to follow their religion as they see fit but that very religion tells them they cannot be tolerant of non believers, not just atheists but followers of religion that does not conform to their own particular set of beliefs. You see nothing contradictory in demanding the right to worship as you please and enjoying the benefits and freedoms of a secular society while wanting to deny it to others and destroy the very society freedoms that leaves you free to worship as you please. You want to curb education so that children are taught only what you want them to believe for fear they learn to question your authority. You are dangerous to the peace of society and would cause conflict where none would exist without religion. If you gain power then the consequences for those around you will be catastrophic. If you knew of a group of people whose beliefs were inimical to a free and just society would you not consider them of interest. There is no freedom where theocracy rules.

You cannot imagine someone not needing to believe in some imaginary being so you "rationalise" it by convincing yourself they are just followers and members of misguided religion that only need to be brought back to the fold. Your truth has been made up and presumably you find comfort in it but you don't really want to think about the possibility you might be wrong because you can't imagine life without it.

But tell me. Why do you feel the need to for everybody to join in your fantasy is your belief in god not strong enough or something? Why does my not believing in god such a threat to you, do you have doubts? Why do you keep starting threads like this are you a closet atheist trying to pluck up the courage to come out? Are you tired of the battle with your rational self, can you no longer believe as a child does without question can you no longer quell the voice of reason that is whispering in your ear - wait a moment this makes no sense at all!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Patsy Warnick;1419807 wrote: Mickiel

are you in the closet? are you atheist?

Is there a point to this thread? or are you after a tally # on who believes in a God?

Patsy

Oh no I am openly what I am, a believer in God. I am not religious, nor am I in any group, I walk alone in life where my beliefs are concerned. The point of this thread is to bring Atheist out of the closet and admit to their interest in God. One poster here has already made a serious false claim, he said all Atheist admit to being interested in God. There is another point to the thread that will become obvious much later; but I don't want to let that cat out of the bag just yet.

And I don't need a tally on who believes in God, the majority of humans on earth believe in God, and the majority of my country believes in God, like 86% the last current stats show. Tallys don't interest me that much because where Atheist and Theist are concerned, its so lopsided and no competition at all.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1419808 wrote: I'm also interested in the harry potter books and the lord of the rings and stories about the little people at the bottom of the garden - That doesn't mean I believe that they actually exist. I'm also interested in UFO's. I'm satisfied there is something there but as to what I reserve judgement.

People like you demand tolerance and the right to freedom of religion to follow their religion as they see fit but that very religion tells them they cannot be tolerant of non believers, not just atheists but followers of religion that does not conform to their own particular set of beliefs. You see nothing contradictory in demanding the right to worship as you please and enjoying the benefits and freedoms of a secular society while wanting to deny it to others and destroy the very society freedoms that leaves you free to worship as you please. You want to curb education so that children are taught only what you want them to believe for fear they learn to question your authority. You are dangerous to the peace of society and would cause conflict where none would exist without religion. If you gain power then the consequences for those around you will be catastrophic. If you knew of a group of people whose beliefs were inimical to a free and just society would you not consider them of interest. There is no freedom where theocracy rules.

You cannot imagine someone not needing to believe in some imaginary being so you "rationalise" it by convincing yourself they are just followers and members of misguided religion that only need to be brought back to the fold. Your truth has been made up and presumably you find comfort in it but you don't really want to think about the possibility you might be wrong because you can't imagine life without it.

But tell me. Why do you feel the need to for everybody to join in your fantasy is your belief in god not strong enough or something? Why does my not believing in god such a threat to you, do you have doubts? Why do you keep starting threads like this are you a closet atheist trying to pluck up the courage to come out? Are you tired of the battle with your rational self, can you no longer believe as a child does without question can you no longer quell the voice of reason that is whispering in your ear - wait a moment this makes no sense at all!

You have made a serious error in judgement; I want the end of religion on this planet. I don't want religious tolerance or religious freedom, I want an end to religion period! And I want an end to Atheism as well. I do not want ANYONE to join my belief, I have absolutely no concern about that at all; I could care less what others believe. I start threads because I like expressing myself, are you against that?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Interest is wanting to know, and Atheist really want to know if God exist like anyone else; don't let them fool you. They think about God everyday too, they do NOT think about the myths they bring up constantly in debate every day. The reason they are really interested is that God " arouses" that interest by his mere existence; Gods awesome power, even when its hidden and held back, will still AROUSE interest in humans and affect humans, even when actively held back by God himself. Now that's just raw power. And it is the true origin of human interest in God.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mickiel;1419804 wrote: ..... I have no faith. I have no faith to have doubt in....

Faith...belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

If all you want to do is invent your own definitions, what's the point in this conversation ? If you believe in God, you have a faith.

I on the other hand am an Atheist, so by definition, I do not.

Changing definitions just to suit your arguement,is a dangerous premise. All that amounts to is playing with words.

No substance. No arguement

Winston Churchill
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Snowfire;1419813 wrote: Faith...belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion.

If all you want to do is invent your own definitions, what's the point in this conversation ? If you believe in God, you have a faith.

I on the other hand am an Atheist, so by definition, I do not.

Changing definitions just to suit your arguement,is a dangerous premise. All that amounts to is playing with words.

No substance. No arguement

I highly disagree; belief in God is not faith, these are entirely different things which you are trying to equate for lack of understanding. Faith has to do with belief, but faith is mostly a belief that needs no proof, my belief needs proof and has plenty of it. Faith can be a religion, I have no religion; faith can be loyal to one's convictions, I have no convictions; I don't change or invent definitions, I simply tell it as it is, and I just don't fit YOUR definitions of what " I Am!"
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1419810 wrote: You have made a serious error in judgement; I want the end of religion on this planet. I don't want religious tolerance or religious freedom, I want an end to religion period! And I want an end to Atheism as well. I do not want ANYONE to join my belief, I have absolutely no concern about that at all; I could care less what others believe. I start threads because I like expressing myself, are you against that?

Not at all. It's a useful place to test out your thinking but not to be rude you seem moere interested in talking to yourself than in engaging in any kind of discussion. I niotice in a number iof threads you have started you are mainly posting to yourself. . incoherent ramblings get annoyiong after a while and people lose interest maybe you should change your name to the man who talked to himself. (that is sarcastic humour in case you are wondering or to use a british cilloquialism I am gently taking the piss)

I highly disagree; belief in God is not faith

Since you cannot prove god exists then it is an act of faith to believe in god. Religiion is what you do about that faith and how you worship god. It's possible to believe in god and have no religion. An atheist has decided there is no god. they have no faith that there is one and full confuidence that there is not.

The reason they are really interested is that God " arouses" that interest by his mere existence; Gods awesome power, even when its hidden and held back, will still AROUSE interest in humans and affect humans, even when actively held back by God himself. Now that's just raw power. And it is the true origin of human interest in God.

Most people are interested in the meaning of life - why do we exist. God is one explanation. God has a purpose for us all is one answer. That atheists are also interested in that does not mean that that god has aroused that interest except in the demented logic of the religious. Why would you be interested in the exuistence or non-existence of god unless god has made you interested is quite frankly nonsense.

I don't think you know what you believe and are looking for answers that you are not going to find. Unless of course you accept that the answer is 42 which is still, imo, one of the best answers to the question what is the meaning iof life, the universe and everything
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mickiel's last thread on religion has 996 replies

Somewhere in that thread will be your answer - Mickiel you had the same argument

This is a repeat - rerun

Mickiel - if you form other interests other than your God - well, than I look forward to chatting.

Patsy
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Patsy Warnick;1419852 wrote: Mickiel's last thread on religion has 996 replies

Somewhere in that thread will be your answer - Mickiel you had the same argument

This is a repeat - rerun

Mickiel - if you form other interests other than your God - well, than I look forward to chatting.

Patsy

Well I have plenty other interests, these are just on mind and for this particular board. But God is my number one interest for sure, I don't know him, but I think he is quite something, what little I do know is fascinating. I am definitely interested in God and would like to one day know him. I think he is an egnigmatic being!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1419820 wrote: Not at all. It's a useful place to test out your thinking but not to be rude you seem moere interested in talking to yourself than in engaging in any kind of discussion. I niotice in a number iof threads you have started you are mainly posting to yourself. . incoherent ramblings get annoyiong after a while and people lose interest maybe you should change your name to the man who talked to himself. (that is sarcastic humour in case you are wondering or to use a british cilloquialism I am gently taking the piss)

g

I am satisfied with the interest I get and the views I get. And I like talking to myself.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Interest is attraction, plain and simple; look in any dictionary. Those who admit interest in God, are simply attracted to him. Every Atheist who is interested in God, is conversely attracted to him. Now I want to go into " Why they are attracted", and that will be quite interesting.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I think this is an interesting question. I often go into threads to read because an overly heated debate has drawn me. I'm just not sure why it has gotten so heated.

I have my core beliefs and values. I don't mind letting someone know what they are, but I don't feel the need to then tell them why theirs are wrong...usually. I tend to do the mental 'what an idiot' and move on most often.

There are however, the 'cubs/sox', 'rap/real music','hairy/bald','picard/kirk' debates that tend to draw me in every time.... so I guess we all have our own personal triggers.:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

flopstock;1419874 wrote: I think this is an interesting question. I often go into threads to read because an overly heated debate has drawn me. I'm just not sure why it has gotten so heated.

I have my core beliefs and values. I don't mind letting someone know what they are, but I don't feel the need to then tell them why theirs are wrong...usually. I tend to do the mental 'what an idiot' and move on most often.

There are however, the 'cubs/sox', 'rap/real music','hairy/bald','picard/kirk' debates that tend to draw me in every time.... so I guess we all have our own personal triggers.:thinking:

The Atheist have brought the heat to this thread, I am simply putting each fire out as I go along. Not many closet individuals like being brought out into the open , so some heat is expected; but its nothing that cannot be dealt with. Personal triggers often expose public pressures that some don't like; sometimes I like squezzing Atheist , to see what comes out.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Mickiel;1419877 wrote: The Atheist have brought the heat to this thread, I am simply putting each fire out as I go along. Not many closet individuals like being brought out into the open , so some heat is expected; but its nothing that cannot be dealt with. Personal triggers often expose public pressures that some don't like; sometimes I like squezzing Atheist , to see what comes out.

That is an interesting response. As a casual observer, I'd have to label you as being passive aggressive. That is a unique heat and fire of its own, IMO. You like to think you are the more rational because you have managed to trigger the response you are looking for from your opponents. Kinda makes me wonder what your doubts are that cause this need for validation in this manner.:thinking:

Both sides can be both so interesting and yet so boringly predictable.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

flopstock;1419881 wrote: That is an interesting response. As a casual observer, I'd have to label you as being passive aggressive. That is a unique heat and fire of its own, IMO. You like to think you are the more rational because you have managed to trigger the response you are looking for from your opponents. Kinda makes me wonder what your doubts are that cause this need for validation in this manner.:thinking:

Both sides can be both so interesting and yet so boringly predictable.

I hold no need for validation, I already know I am nothing. And I have not progressed from that point. And I am not passive agressive in debate, I am agressive. I do not think I am more rational, I think I am more aware of God than Atheist are. And I am aware they they are interested in God, which equates to attraction to God, which equates to acknowledgement of his existence.

Atheist are evidence that God exist.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Mickiel;1419890 wrote: I hold no need for validation, I already know I am nothing. And I have not progressed from that point. And I am not passive agressive in debate, I am agressive. I do not think I am more rational, I think I am more aware of God than Atheist are. And I am aware they they are interested in God, which equates to attraction to God, which equates to acknowledgement of his existence.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Have fun talking to yourself.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1419941 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Have fun talking to yourself.

I always do.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The world cannot hide or ignore it's interest in God, its just academic. Explain to me who should not be interested in God and why? What could be more important? What could be more of a mystery? What could be more scientific than a God? What could be more futuristic than a God? What possibily could be more valuable?

What could be more hopeful than a God?

Explain to me why one should NOT be interested in God? Or explain it to yourself.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, your just behind on things. If you are interested, then your up on things. If you are interested, but do not believe in him, then your up on things, but outside of the things. Yet " Because of your interest", you are feeding a better Spirit awaiting.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Its incredible that there are humans who are against interest in God; but they must blame other humans for their reasons; why? Well, what is God quilty of? They can think of a truckload of reasons, all of which are artifical and misunderstanding.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Mickiel;1419890 wrote:

Dogs are evidence that Bastet exists.

That makes about as much sense.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

SnoozeAgain;1420170 wrote: Dogs are evidence that Bastet exists.

That makes about as much sense.

Atheist are stunning evidence that God exist, in fact, if God didnot exist, neither would Atheism. You can search the threads for my explination of that.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Makes perfect sense to me.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1420177 wrote: Makes perfect sense to me.

Makes sense to me as well; Atheism is a by-product of Theism, just the other side of the same coin. A type of Cain and Abel coin that produced two different generations of humans interested in God for differing reasons. Theism came first and Atheism was born out from Theism and have fought each other ever since. The origin of the fight was those different views of God. In fact, if God never existed, neither would Theism.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your interested in God, then who or what sparked your interest, if not God? Explain to me how an interest can be sparked outside of what or who your interested in?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If your not interested in God, then leave religion alone.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

If you are not interested in God, then your not interested in humanity's true origin.
Townes

Post by Townes »

A-ha! I knew my long absence would produce a thread cringe-worthy of my return!

Right, on the questions/claims of Mickiel.

Atheism is the default stance. Just like alochnessmonsterism. (not a real word, made an example there) Let me explain. A human is born with no belief in the supernatural. Deities included. Thus, he is by definition, an atheist. However, because of continued indoctrination/preaching/etc. theistic claims are still being spread around. And they are the reason the actual label of atheist exists. This springs the definition of a theist being a person who believes in a deity, and an atheist being one who does not. You are partially right that without the claims of an existence of a deity/version of a deity, atheism would so much of a default state that it would be without need of a definition. However, this is not how you phrase it, and your deduction sways in a wrong direction.

And I will provide an example in case my English does not do my explanation justice.

You, I am sure, do not believe in space monsters living in trees. And I hope, nobody out there does. Let us now assume a guy steps in and starts spreading the claim of such things existing, and supporting it with an old book. He calls them tutis. A widely held belief system is formed, and tutism/tutist is established as a definition of such a system/person. You are then labeled atutist, because you do not believe in that claim.

Does you now being called such attest to the tutis' existence, or does it just provide a differentiating label?

Substitute "tutis" with "gods" and tutist and atutist with theist and atheist. I hope this example is clear enough so that you may see the obvious flaw of your argumentation. If yours were the correct deduction, then tutis by definition exist, due to there being atutits.

Now on to "if you do not believe, why do you discuss it" claim.

As you may or may not know, most atheists are agnostic atheists. They are open to the possibility of a deity existing, but they have found no proof of any such. Many atheists are more vocal/interested in the topic because of religious agendas and discrimination being pressed against them, such being the case of USA (especially in the south) and the Middle East.

Then there are the cases of people such as me, who simply like rational debates on a variety of subjects, religion being just one of them. Most of Europe is atheistic, so I have never had to deal with any religious-based discrimination, and my interest in the subject is purely on the debate point of things.

The third more widespread kind are those who used to be religious, deconverted, and have remained active in the field of theistic debates/discussions ever since.

I am sorry if my English hampered any of my points and explanations, but I hope it is clear enough.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Humans are not born Atheist, if anything, they are born Agnostic, having no opinion either way; we are born nuetral, we are not born unbelieving in God. We are not born Theist or Atheist, we are born having no clue as to what to believe. And most Atheist still have no clue as to what to believe, because their minds are still childlike in the area of God's reality.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”