1910s America in Color

tabby

1910s America in Color

Post by tabby »

Some interesting & some beautiful vintage color photos from the early part of the 1900s! I particularly liked the photo of the little children gathered on the street median corner and the contrast of how it looks today at the same location. I also like the one of the woman in the colorful Egyptian style costume! And my third favorite is of the older woman in the purple dress ... very rich color. Beautiful bookcase behind her as well. Old black & white photos are interesting in their own way but give me color any day. It's nice to see the past in all its colorful vibrancy ... I wish there were more of these!

1910s America in Color ~ Kuriositas
AnneBoleyn

1910s America in Color

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tabby you always come up with such interesting beautiful stuff. Thanks!
Richard Bell

1910s America in Color

Post by Richard Bell »

I came across this link a couple of years ago.Amazing richness of colour and clarity:

Russia in color, a century ago - The Big Picture - Boston.com

ETA: Here's some stunning colour photos of Europe in 1906:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11843528 ... psrc=pwrd1
tabby

1910s America in Color

Post by tabby »

I'm glad you enjoyed them, AnneB!

Thanks for the extra links, RichardBell ... I think I saw the first group in another post here a while back ... maybe posted by Scrat but I can't remember for sure. The colors are gorgeous. The photos in the second link look as good as if they were taken today! Beautiful scenery!
halfway

1910s America in Color

Post by halfway »

Excellent!

Thank you for posting.
My Journal of a New Endeavor
along-for-the-ride

1910s America in Color

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here are some more through first half the 20th century:

Stunning Bright Color Photos From 1900-1940s (62 pics) - Izismile.com
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Saint_

1910s America in Color

Post by Saint_ »

tabby;1417491 wrote: Some interesting & some beautiful vintage color photos from the early part of the 1900s! I particularly liked the photo of the little children gathered on the street median corner and the contrast of how it looks today at the same location. I also like the one of the woman in the colorful Egyptian style costume! And my third favorite is of the older woman in the purple dress ... very rich color. Beautiful bookcase behind her as well. Old black & white photos are interesting in their own way but give me color any day. It's nice to see the past in all its colorful vibrancy ... I wish there were more of these!

1910s America in Color ~ Kuriositas

Geez taby! Where do you find this stuff? It's awesome! I sent the link to my history teacher. The students of my school and I thank you!

Return to “United States”