Drinking Driving.

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
jones jones

Drinking Driving.

Post by jones jones »

Where I am the authorities plan to come down heavily on driving under the influence this festive season. More than two drinks over the space of an hour is about the limit.

Do you drink and drive? I try not to but am ashamed to say I sometimes do.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
flopstock

Drinking Driving.

Post by flopstock »

I drink Iced Tea year round. That is it.

Never found anything I liked the taste of enough, that I would put down the tea.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

valerie

Drinking Driving.

Post by valerie »

Going to pull a Yoda on you and say "Do or do not, there is no try."

And in this case: DO NOT.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

YZGI

Drinking Driving.

Post by YZGI »

jones jones;1413585 wrote: Where I am the authorities plan to come down heavily on driving under the influence this festive season. More than two drinks over the space of an hour is about the limit.

Do you drink and drive? I try not to but am ashamed to say I sometimes do.

Back in the day I think most of us did. I make every effort to not do it anymore. It's the one thing I worry about more than anything else with my kids.
Saint_

Drinking Driving.

Post by Saint_ »

It was my hobby in high school 40 years ago. But of course, it was legal then. The police in my town just had the kids drive out of town and stay out until sunrise.

Now I NEVER do. I don't even contemplate it. I have an extra bedroom, as does my best friend, so when we (very rarely now) get together to play dominos and pool and solve the world's problems into the wee hours of the morning, we just crash or have the wives come and get us. (Neither of them drink.)

I am, however, excited about self-driving cars! :)
LarsMac

Drinking Driving.

Post by LarsMac »

There is still a morning in my memory when I woke up to the worst hangover I ever had, and stumbled out onto the front porch, only to fall on my car, parked on said porch.

Even worse, someone had puked all over the hood and windshield. Last I remembered was several of us trying, and failing miserably, to get a pickup out of a ditch.

When my roommates began to stir, I demanded to know who the hell puked on my car. "You did." was the reply.

I then asked who parked the car on the porch. "You did." was again the reply.

"Y'all actually let me drive home, last night?"

"It was your car." came the reply.

I can only plead to being young and stupid. We drank heavily, and had no business even being near a car, much less operating one.

I now realize just how fortunate I was back then, to never have been in, nor caused an accident in those days.

I never drink anywhere that I cannot walk home (or back to the hotel) from.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Lady J

Drinking Driving.

Post by Lady J »

Not smart....don't do it any more.

If I am drinking I am staying at home...

there were mornings when I wondered how I got home....where my car was and in what shape was it.

Scary!

You Jj need to practice the same.

Lady J
Oldschoolguy

Drinking Driving.

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Never drink and drive. You could hit a bump and spill your drink.

That's why they make whiskey bottles square, so they won't roll out from under the seat while you are driving.

Just kidding really. They set up check points around here and even post where they will be. They just pull over everyone that comes by, grandmas, preachers, young and old alike. So, stay home and drink. Cheaper and safer.

:driving::yh_shame
LarsMac

Drinking Driving.

Post by LarsMac »

On a more serious note:

I spent a few years driving a tow truck in South Florida.

We were on call with two counties. I'd say that half the calls I went out on were picking up vehicles from Drunk Driving accidents.

I got to witness the carnage, first hand.

I think the current .08 limit is a bit ridiculous, and I know that even a .1 BAC is hardly dangerous.

I also know that the driver who usually kills people is the fourth or fifth time DUI who has a BAC of somewhere between .3 and .4 and should have never been on the road at all. And usually, the driver has gotten away with DUI a number of times.

I have had several friends killed by drunks.

I propose the following tiered approach to DUI enforcement

First time: $1000 fine, 6 mo suspension, and 6 months of community service.

Second time: 2 year suspension, 1 year in county jail. 2 years access control device that prevents car from operating if alcohol can be detected by the "sniffer".

Third time: Summary Firing Squad, at the site of arrest.

Obviously we would not see the fourth and fifth offender, under this plan. Think of the lives saved.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oldschoolguy

Drinking Driving.

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I believe that is a great idea. I second the motion.
Deano

Drinking Driving.

Post by Deano »

Everybody's pretty much done it. I think we all get a couple chances - as in a couple of close shaves. The problem is in 2 seconds your life can change forever. Even worse if you change somebody else's life forever... Hard to live with that.
Saint_

Drinking Driving.

Post by Saint_ »

Since it is obvious that mankind will not change our behavior..... I say, bring on the self-driving cars!!!!

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”