Biking the Hiawatha Trail

A place to discuss all of your outdoor activities. Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, and whatever else you do out in the great wilds.
tabby

Post by tabby »

This trail has such gorgeous scenery and would be a pleasure to hike if not bike. I haven't been on a bicycle in ages but I do trust my two feet & legs. These photos are so awesome!

A number of old railroad tracks have been removed in my local area as well as part of the "Rails to Trails" initiative and it's such a great idea. It gives cyclists & hikers the opportunity to venture off the beaten road paths and into more rural settings for a change of scenery if nothing else.

Biking the Hiawatha Trail | For 91 Days in Idaho – Travel Blog
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I thought you might enjoy watching these, tabby :)

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1410715 wrote: This trail has such gorgeous scenery and would be a pleasure to hike if not bike. I haven't been on a bicycle in ages but I do trust my two feet & legs. These photos are so awesome!

A number of old railroad tracks have been removed in my local area as well as part of the "Rails to Trails" initiative and it's such a great idea. It gives cyclists & hikers the opportunity to venture off the beaten road paths and into more rural settings for a change of scenery if nothing else.

Biking the Hiawatha Trail | For 91 Days in Idaho – Travel Blog

They've done similar here (but on a far smaller scale as befits our smaller countryside) :-

The Tissington Trail, a Peak District cycling trail

Cloud Trail

Cycling High Peak Trail, Derbyshire Peak District Cycle Route

Brampton Valley Way | Sustrans
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Some very pretty trails, and the weather is still good enough for a ride.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

chonsigirl;1410765 wrote: Some very pretty trails, and the weather is still good enough for a ride.

They are and it is but, sadly, work gets in the way :-(
tabby

Post by tabby »

Love the videos & the articles! The cyclist in the first video makes going over those rough trails look like a piece of cake!

Return to “The Outdoors”